TransMarket Group Summer Trading Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TransMarket Group

4.0

Summer Trading Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three phone interviews, a 24 hour take home test, and day long in person interview. They consisted of brain teasers/problem solving, character/morals interview, and background (walk me through your resume). The take-home exam consisted of more trading focused questions.

Interview Questions

• One example question: if you dip a cube made of cubes with each edge having ten cubes into a paint vat, when you take it out how many cubes will have no paint on them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TransMarket Group

Summer Trading Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in March 2014.

Interview

I had three phone interviews, one paper test, overall four rounds and failed on the fourth round. The first round is resume, brainer teaser, probability, basic finance questions (including options, currency, not very intellectually challenging), 45 minutes. After the first round, I received a paper test for fit in two days and then handed it in within 24 hours. Then comes the second round, resume, quite advanced finance questions, brain teaser, probability, some fit questions, another 45 minutes. I had the third phone interview half a month later. All fit questions. Quite tricky. I suppose this round is to test whether your have the character to be a successful trader or not. Unfortunately, I don't.

Interview Questions

• 1. Compare the gamma for options with different maturities (other parameters remain the same).
      2. Compare the delta for a down-and-out option and a vanilla options.
      3. If you were put into a situation with no government, no standard moral codes, how you would behave?
      4. What do you think of criticism?
      5. What do you think of right or wrong?

The remaining probability or finance or brain teasers are quite simple from my perspective.   1 Answer