TransPerfect Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransPerfect Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at TransPerfect

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone call lasted 20 minutes very mundane questions. They did not read my resume before hand because I mentioned somethings on it and they were surprised. They said they would call back in the up coming days and never did, which either means they forgot or I was not worth their time, either way bad response time on their part.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness ? What would your last boss say about you? What does Transperfect do? Describe yourself in three words? Have you been in sales before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TransPerfect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I didn't have a good feeling when I interviewed at TransPerfect. I had read a lot of bad things about their office and management, but I thought I would see for myself. When I entered the interviewed, it seemed as though they had forgotten about my scheduled appointment. I arrived 15 minutes early but waited over 30 minutes to talk to anyone. They didn't seem to put a lot of effort into the interview. I was interviewed by three different managers, who pretty much asked me identical questions just to get through it. It's an inside sales position involving calling potential customers all day for extremely low pay. By the end of the interview, I didn't really want to the position anymore, but I thanked them for their time and left. I got an email the next day saying they didn't think I had enough experience and were going to move on to other candidates, although I've had over two years experience in sales before I got out of college.

Interview Questions

• Exactly how many sales did you make with your last company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for the Account Manager position online and was called by HR, located in NY, later that night asking to arrange a time for phone interview. A couple of days later when the time for the interview rolled around, I didn't get a call and after waiting 15 minutes called HR myself. The recruiter I was scheduled to meet with said the day had gotten away from her, and after many apologies, we proceeded with the interview. The recruiter was very personable, and the questions were simple screening questions about my background and my interest in the role/company. After a couple of minutes I was told I would probably be more qualified for the higher level Account Executive role instead. At the end of the call, the recruiter told me I'd be great for the job, but the salary they're offering is much lower than what I've been making at my previous jobs; she said commission might bring me within my range, but it might be a tough first couple of months. I told her wasn't concerned with that and I'd like to see where this takes me, and she said she would pass my application to the hiring manager for further consideration for a face-to-face interview. She told me she'd be in touch soon. After a week, I followed up with the recruiter I spoke to, and she said she was compiling applications to give to the hiring manager, thanked me for calling, and said again she would be in touch. I never received another call after that.
    Transperfect seemed like a nice enough company to work for, low salary and all, but, needless to say, it would have been nice for HR to follow up me me as promised at least once. That lack of professionalism was pretty surprising to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TransPerfect (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted initially by a recruiter for this position. After the initial interview with the recruiter I was scheduled for a phone interview with a VP of the company located in NY. When I called for my scheduled interview time I was told to call back in 15 minutes that she was on the phone. This already irritated me because she was on the phone during our scheduled appointment time (clearly they do not value candidates time). Once I called back the VP immediately started grilling me on why I wanted to work for Transperfect. She never once said "Hi" "How are you?" or anything of the sort to introduce herself.The interview was clearly read off a sheet of paper and she repertively asked me about my sales experience which I had to keep repeating to her. It was clear that they interview numerous amount of people everyday for a position that has a high turnover rate. Just another company ready to exploit broke recent college grads. My ADVICE...RUN!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Transperfect? (Nobody wants to work for Transperfect they just need a paycheck )   Answer Question

Terrible upper management and interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online through website. Contacted by recruiter week later - phone interview w/ basic sales intro sales Qs - why sales, why are you looking - next phone screen w/ VP - short Qs to the point on a Friday, scheduled an interview day w/ them on Monday. Met 4 VPs simple Qs. Next step is to get feedback from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• 1-10 interest
      1-10 how you like transperfect
      1-10 how competitive
      1-10 how hungry
      Are you a hunter or farmer
      Why sales
      Why are you looking
      Why transperfect
      Why legal vert
      Why do you want to come back to legal
      GPA in college
      Can you lead
      What do you think of our culture
      Do you think you are a line wolf?
      When can you start
      Would your company be upset if you left
      What accounts do you have contacts in   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Long and a little repetitive due to lack of organization. Could have been better organized. Overall nothing out of the ordinary.
    Starts with phone interview with recruiter.
    Phone or in Person interview with Regional Director
    Phone or in Person interview with VP, Sales.
    Phone or in Person interview with CSO
    Aptitude Test
    Offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a phone interview, than was a face to face. I was not hard... be honest, it will be a piece of cake! The people were very laid back. I even got to meet the CEO, Phil Shawe, who part in the day to day operation. When I met Liz Elting, I felt she had no read questions for me. The funny thing was, when I asked her questions about the firm, she deflected them by telling me to ask my new manager. On the other hand Phil's talk was motivating encouraging and was the reason why I excepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      Weakness
      If there was a project that needed to be completed, would you stay or leave for the evening and wait until tomorrow? Or, would you stay until it gets done?

What is the your 3, 5, 10 year goals>t   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Mexico City (Mexico)) in November 2013.

Interview

4 interviews. HR, Hiring Manager and then 2 VP´s. Eveything went very well and after a month I received the offer for the Account Executive role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, It was esasy. If you can demonstrate your experience, don´t hesitate to ask what you deserve.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2007.

Interview

Very lucrative process. The process starting with some phone conversations with their HR rep in London. The next stage was a phone interview with a Sales Manager in Hong Kong. The final interview consisted of flying in New York where everything(lodging, airfare, meals) were all paid.

The final interview in New York was only about 15 minutes max with a super busy executive!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Paris (France)) in December 2011.

Interview

1- call with company recruiter. OK, sells you the company, explains process
    2- Face2face with country manager. OK, basic questions about sales techniques and where you come from. Idea is to get a feel of how agressive you can be in sales and how easy you are to be managed
    3- Call with N+2. Pretty quick. Cant remember anything special
    4- Kaliper test. Google that one, some people fail it.
    5- Final face2face if needed.

Interview Questions

• Strength, weaknesses
      Biggest achievement
      Did you work while you were at school
      How do you handle pressure   Answer Question