TransPerfect Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransPerfect Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in January and received a call from a recruiter two weeks later. I had an initial interview to gauge interest and past relevant experience. The recruiter then set me up for an interview with a manager who will do his own assessment of your past experience and how it could be relevant in the Account Manager role. After that, I was brought into the office for a face to face interview with 5 different people with different roles within the company. I was given a personality assessment and based on the results, I would be invited for the final interview. About a week letter, I was invited for the final part of the process which is a happy hour with your would be manager and other members of the team. Finally, the team gets together and decides if you would be a good fit with the team and you should hear back in 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• What's the craziest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TransPerfect

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect in January 2017.

Interview

Series of two short phone interviews. The first was more informational to gauge my interest in the position. The next with a manager who asked three or four behavioral type questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Short phone screen with internal recruiter, in-person interview with hiring manager and current account manager, pretty straightforward and typical questions. It was in their office and I got a very weird vibe from them. They were both very rushed and didn't really seem to care that I was there and had come out there. I was only there for about 30 minutes and interviewed with two different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fast, I had all my interviews within the span of a week. I first had an informational interview, than a phone call interview, and then went to New York for an in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Washington, DC).

Interview

Total dragged out nightmare. First phone interview was in January, had a second one, went into the office and met with about five staffers, took a caliber test, went to a company party, and then was told I had to meet with another staffer outside of the office before getting this final stage over with. It was unprofessional, I was essentially told I had the job so I was confused as to why I needed to be brought in twice outside of the office to speak to a staffer that I had met with twice already. Did not go to the final meeting which was "for drinks" because I felt uncomfortable and thought it was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?
      When was the last time you failed at something?
      Standard behavioral

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with someone from DC even though the position was in Raleigh. He asked a series of 10 questions that were straight from a piece of paper and said nothing but "okay" after I answered each one. It was the driest interview I have ever had and not conversational at all. I saw all of the negative reviews right before the interview and realized that I would never want to work for a company like that anyways but still decided to give it a try. I interviewed over 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• -In one sentence, what is one thing that your manager would say you could improve on?
      -What is one thing they would say you do well?
      -What is your dream job?
      -Why did you apply to this position?
      -What are your hobbies?

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Boulder, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

two phone interviews and two in person interviews at their local office. denver office looked like it was from the 70s and desperately needs to be renovated. boulder office was much larger, and people were overall fairly friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an extensive process. It involves several rounds including phone interviews and in person interviews. The recruiter that I worked with was very helpful and timely with his responses. Overall, I would say, despite the regular exhaustion associated with interviewing, it was a pleasant process. Every interviewer that I met and was interviewed by was pleasant. I found the experience to be more of a conversation and less of an interrogation, which was something I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Are you a hunter or a gatherer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TransPerfect (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview set up with an HR Recruitment Associate in PA. I was an internal reference, and was contacted promptly. A time was set up for a first screening call. The interview was OK, although it felt the interviewer was somewhat unprepared. He had barely read through my resume and began the interview with the typical: walk me through your experience. When I talked about my experience and how it is relevant to this role, I felt awkward silences and lack of interest.
    There were two sole questions that seems to be important to the interviewer:
    1) what is your experience in the translation and localization industry, and
    2) what is your salary/benefit package expectation?
    I felt as though if you do not fit perfectly within the organization's expectations in those two areas, you are quickly disregarded.
    Since my salary expectations, although I mentioned were flexible and negotiable, were higher than the role bracket, they promptly sent me an email stating they had dedided to move ahead with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1) what is your experience in the translation and localization industry, and
      2) what is your salary/benefit package expectation?

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2015.

Interview

General on campus interview as other jobs. It was easy and light atmosphere. I was surprised that there were two interviews and they were both very friendly and easy to talk. They were from different divisions so they gave different views and opinions. The questions they asked were very general, no surprises.