TransPerfect Project Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransPerfect Project Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by proofreading exercises that are emailed to you and you must return within a specific time frame. Then in-person at the office location. Met with multiple staff members including direct manager, peers, and department head.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a three-step process. First, I received an email from a person in HR to set up a phone call. It was very broad conversation, covering the role and overarching goals of the company, along with past work experiences. The day after, I was emailed a timed test - which tested attention to detail and proofreading skills. That day, I received another email asking me to come in for a face to face interview with the Project Management team. The office seemed bare, and nobody seemed particularly happy. I interviewed in a large, fish-bowl type meeting room. The questions were pretty general, asking about tech skills, communication styles, and ability to work under pressure. One of the higher-ups who I was supposed to meet with was busy during the slotted interview time, so they threw another PM in there, who was completely unprepared to talk to me. They told me upfront that the role was very high-stress, and that people often burn out. This was off-putting. The interview ended with a logic test, which I found fun, and not too challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Recieved an email from someone in HR looking to set up a phone interview. Spoke with someone the next day and about a week later was in for an interview. Was an in depth conversation over the phone discussing all responsibilities of the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a halt in the project life cycle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for a phone interview. The interview was relatively casual, mainly asking about my resume and qualities. He explained the role more in depth and occasionally asked questions on how I would handle the different responsibilities. Afterward I was supposed to take an assessment, however, when trying to schedule this it proved to be very difficult. The recruiter once did not respond. Then we rescheduled and while waiting for the assessment to be sent over they never sent it. I decided to end my application process with them.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle many different tasks/responsibilities at one time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick and to the point. short 10 min call. After offering the below average salary the interview was over. For 45 k I think you are not able to survive in New York. This is an entry level salary and you should not expect to get candidates with experience in this range.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work in our company? Describe what you have done in your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Lots of testing, multiple interviews. I interviewed at one location and then was asked to interview at a different location for a similar job. The tests are mostly logic tests and grammar tests. The tests were somewhat job-related but mostly were a waste of time; they really weren't relevant once I got the job and was doing the work I was asked to.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of new types of technology? Are you afraid of it or do you embrace it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a fifteen minute phone interview and was then asked to complete an assessment. After passing the assessment, I was asked to come in to speak with the managers that I'd be working for. The interview lasted about forty-five minutes. After the interview, I was asked to complete a second assessment, similar to the first one. Upon completing it, I was asked to speak with the director of the division I'd be working in. Both interviews were very conversational and everybody was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why TransPerfect? What's an example of a time when you had to go above and beyond to complete a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone, pretty basic, no real curveballs. I was then given a two section, two hour test administered via email. They gave me two pairs of documents and had to find the discrepancies between them. The first two were both in english, and was looking for spelling, grammatical, and structure differences. The second tow had one in english, and one in swedish. With this, they asked for structure differences between the two. It was all easier than it sounds

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions-- nothing too special   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview

At the beginning, the interview process was great. Had an initial phone interview and it followed with a test. After you passed the test you set up an in person interview. After traveling a long way to their location, I met with another human resources consultant then was told that i would be meeting the manager i could potentially work with. After that interview, i walked out knowing that i would not receive a job offer due to her negative personality.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly, but asked typical interview questions just to get an answer. He didn't ask many followup questions which suggested he was not listening to what I was saying. I got in for the second round of in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why transperfect? Can you give an example of a time you had tight deadlines?   Answer Question