TransPerfect Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

BI Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Business Intelligence Report Developer position with Transperfect. After the first interview with the hiring manager, which went very well, the recruiter decided to proceed with the next steps only if I agreed with their target salary. It was $25k below the upper salary range that she had indicated. Before the interview, I had stated my desired rate, which was within the salary range the recruiter had indicated. I said that there wasn't a huge difference between my desired rate and the target rate, and that I would like to know more about the job position. The recruiter proceeded with insisting on requesting my salary history. After politely refusing to disclose this information, I received a cold email saying "We will not be able to move forward at this time". It was one of the most unprofessional interactions I've ever had. No one is obligated to disclose their salary history during an interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if your dashboard is running too slow? What are the steps that you take?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First talked to the recruiter: very nice and friendly, but the overall process was kind of slow. I talked to the recruiter in January, took the first assessment in February, but didn't hear back from him until March (hiring season for Transperfect). After that, had a phone interview with the program director who pointedly asked some questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses and why I want to join Transperfect

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your background is relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

As expected; they called me first for an informal phone interview and then we had a second formal phone interview. It was conducted like a casual conversation but we stayed on topic, talking about job expectations and my background/experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a client who was upset about the pace of a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process first began with a simple phone screen, then came up with a written test. After passing these two steps, I was invited to do an on-site interview with two managers. About two days later, I was told to do a final round interview with another production manager. After all these were done, I was told to wait for their decision, but nobody answered me ever since.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me a day later and scheduled a phone interview for the following week.
    Phone interview with the recruiter (30 mins/ recruiter called 5 minutes late)
    In person interview (20 mins)

Interview Questions

• Why Transperfect? Basic interview questions
      Favorite 3 books
      1 Answer

Project Manager/Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Project Manager position. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter. While speaking with her, she said, "You are so personable and bubbly on the phone. I can't imagine you being stuck behind a computer all day when you're so great with people. Have you heard about our Account Executive position?"
    I said, "Yes, I read the description. It doesn't look like a good fit for me. It looks to be very focused on prospecting for clients. I once had a job where I did the same thing, and I left because I don't like doing that." The recruiter says, "Oh, no, no, no! The Account Executive wouldn't be prospecting for new clients AT ALL. They would be ONLY working with existing clients."
    She completely sells me on this position, so I agree to apply. She sets up an in-person interview with the Accounts Manager. I take time off of work to go on this interview.
    When I get there, he is cold AF. He said he had "hardly looked" at my resume. I noted that I was interested in the position as it dealt with existing clients and didn't involve prospecting.
    What did he say? "No. The Account Executive position is ALL about prospecting for new clients." And he goes on to detail about the prospecting involved.
    For some reason (keeping an open mind and refraining from closing doors on people/companies, I suppose), I follow up with the recruiter about the Project Manager position. No response. Go figure.
    One, it was a huge waste of time. Two, they don't know their right feet from their left. Three, the office is sad. No natural light. The ladies at the front are unhappy with their jobs.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

with the senior vice president, did not seem to be interested in getting to know me nor my background. She asked very typical blunt questions. Had not personality on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to college, what was your gpa, did you quit any of your jobs or get fired?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Translation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First call took just 5 minutes. They said that they can't hire out of EU because of visa sponsorship policies of Netherlands. The interviewer speaks so quickly and simply repeats the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a work permit?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Fast, I had all my interviews within the span of a week. I first had an informational interview, than a phone call interview, and then went to New York for an in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

Bland, they asked very simple questions but the demands were ridiculous. They're purposely abusing the salary loophole. They want you to work 10+ hours a day when you really only get paid 8. Completely unethical.

Interview Questions

Horrible salary and unrealistic expectations.