TransPerfect Project Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.6

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TransPerfect in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and application and got a response next day to set up initial 15 minute phone conversation with recruiter. When date and time came, recruiter never called. Waisted my time and based on the company reviews, I didn't feel it worth it to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• What day and time can we have a phone conversation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TransPerfect

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect in May 2017.

Interview

First applied through their website and a recruiter got back to me very quickly. We had a brief phone interview, he went over the role and asked me several questions about myself and why I wanted to work at TransPerfect. It was fine, but the recruiter was not a great interviewer--each question seemed disjointed and like he didn't really listen to what I was saying. I then took a test for them, and the recruiter indicated that he'd like me to come in for an in-person interview in New York. Several days later, he changed his mind and said that some managers in London wanted to do a Skype interview before the in-person interview. This was a disaster. Twenty minutes after the interview was scheduled to begin, they had still not called me, so I emailed the recruiter to reschedule. He immediately called me and said that it was his fault, that the team had asked him to push it back a half hour and he hadn't alerted me in time. I agreed to do the interview right then, and still had to wait another 15 minutes for them to call me. The interviewers could not figure out Skype (they could see me, I couldn't see them) and they asked questions that made it seem like TransPerfect was just there to exploit its employees. They grilled me about deadlines, asking me repeatedly if I ever missed deadlines in school or at work, and what I would do if I had to miss a deadline at TransPerfect. They asked me to rank my priorities in a job, and they were incredibly put off that I did not list "money" first. Honestly, I felt it went fine but at the same they gave me a negative impression of the company and I had no desire to work there. However, I did follow up with the recruiter about an in-person interview just to see if the Skype interview was an outlier, and received a very cold rejection email from him on the day I had been scheduled to come into the office.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2017.

Interview

After applying I received a interview request within a few days and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview is pretty straight forward. The next step is an assessment that you are sent and given a set amount of time to complete. The assessment involves comparing two sets of documents and figuring out formatting, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. After this step you are brought to New York for an in person interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First talked to the recruiter: very nice and friendly, but the overall process was kind of slow. I talked to the recruiter in January, took the first assessment in February, but didn't hear back from him until March (hiring season for Transperfect). After that, had a phone interview with the program director who pointedly asked some questions regarding my strengths and weaknesses and why I want to join Transperfect

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your background is relevant to this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process first began with a simple phone screen, then came up with a written test. After passing these two steps, I was invited to do an on-site interview with two managers. About two days later, I was told to do a final round interview with another production manager. After all these were done, I was told to wait for their decision, but nobody answered me ever since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

Bland, they asked very simple questions but the demands were ridiculous. They're purposely abusing the salary loophole. They want you to work 10+ hours a day when you really only get paid 8. Completely unethical.

Interview Questions

Horrible salary and unrealistic expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First I had a short phone interview with the head of HR. The second step was a 2 hour long test they sent via email. After you pass that you get invited for an in person interview. They were very casual, the environment made me feel uncomfortable. I was interviewed by two women, the heads of the department. They were very rude, kinda snobby. Not my type of atmosphere

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, and then I had a do to a skills test which took about two hours. After that, a few days later I went into the office and had an interview with two people. After that, I had a phone interview with people in the corporate office in New York

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

HR emailed me about the interview 2 weeks after submission of resume. basic questions.
    2 staff conducted a panel interview that lasted 50 minutes. then some exams testing quality management skills, team communication skills etc

Interview Questions

• what do you see yourself in 5 years. weakness and strength.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

1st Interview-Met with hiring coordinator first, then potential supervisor and fellow project coordinator of the department. After talking about my experience and my career plans, I met with more senior colleagues who were interested in my more long term career goals and how Transperfect fit with them.
    2nd Interview-Met with potential supervisor and fellow project coordinator for a different department. Spoke more in detail about the position and experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you see Transperfect fitting in with your 5-10 year career goals?   Answer Question