TransUnion Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interview and 1 on site interview with 3 person. One manager and two directors and they are really nice. I introduced my past experience and asked questions about the business.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was like a networking event. We can go to talk to the hiring managers in a conference room and they also tell us about their products. It was like a university career fair with less number of people

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was fairly normal. Minimal questions were asked. It was the global technology intern networking day /interview, we had the opportunity to meet more than 20+ hiring managers. They seemed like wonderful people.

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Company seems interesting, good product and I hope to work there. Office was professional and people were nice. Compensation is on par in the industry but I don't know if goals are attainable

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sale that you lost and what you would do differently   1 Answer

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Started by getting a call from the recruiter about a Compliance Internship position at the Chicago office. I interviewed at the Global HQ in Chicago during December 2016. Met with the head of Business Continuity and discussed project requirements and the interview was generally good. More of a discussion than an actual interview.

Not sure why I didn't get the job because I felt I was eligible and the interviewer thought so too.

Analyst, Financial Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Five back-to-back onsite interviews, three of them were with three different hiring managers, one of them was a lunch interview, another was a technical interview.
    The three hiring managers care about your business intuition. You need to get really prepared about credit risk before going to the interview if you have no prior experience.

Interview Questions

• If you have two different scores and a column of the customer's actual response, e.g. default or not, how would you compare the two different scores?   1 Answer
    • How would you assess if a coin is fair, if you flip it ten times and eight times the head was up   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was asking about salary history. I didn't answer because it is a stupid question. I wanted the job so I didn't ask him how much he was making. Met with a couple of coworkers, the boss, and his boss. Nothing unusual. A few hours long. The people were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience I had with using some of the technology they use.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Was told that the pay and benefits are what they are.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

After a series of phone interviews with HR representative and prospective direct manager, the company flew me to Chicago for a 3-hour interview. The interview consisted of a revolving door of people, 9 in total, who interviewed me with a variety of questions and responses. The HR rep met me at the main desk and led me to the interview room. Everyone was very polite, responsive, upbeat, and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions revolved around the specific work duties for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was brief; I knew what the salary range was for the position and knew what I wanted, and got my desired salary with a minimum of negotiation.

Human Resources Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and heard back from one of the recruiters about a week after. I had my initial phone screen with the recruiter, and was immediately set up for an on-site interview that next week.

My on-site interview was a three hour interview meeting with my now boss, her boss, and three team members. I was asked questions about myself and my overall background with HR systems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the systems you've used in the past and/or the systems your current company uses and how do they use them?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

After two long months of interviewing and roughly 9 interviews. I received a call from TM stating that they were going with another candidate that they found just within the week. I couldn't believe they put me through such a lengthy process. I'm sure they knew I didn't have what they were looking for around the 2nd or 3rd interview. I really wished they were more considerate of my time. One of my interviews was as late at 8:00 pm..

Although the process was very time consuming, the people were very nice and kept me in the loop throughout. The company seemed as it would have been great to work for considering they had lots of great positive changes going on.