TransUnion Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TransUnion Engineering Interview Questions

3.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Contract-to-hire position initiated by an outside recruiter. This was followed by a long written questionnaire and phone screen. Then there was an in-person interview with 3 people present in the room.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. There were just a lot of them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They prefer contract-to-hire over direct hire to make sure you know what you're doing. The problem is that the contracting companies take a big chunk out of the hourly rate, and they use Beeline which takes another big chunk out of the rate so it ends up not being all that great of a deal for the contractor. If they like you, negotiate really hard with the contracting company. They're getting a BIG cut and have room to move whether they admit it or not. For example TransUnion was paying my contracting company something like $150/hr of which I saw only $60, no benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for TransUnion

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransUnion in January 2010.

Interview

Phone Call. 1:1 interview. Good questions. hiring manager interview and final panel interview. Overall very impressive

Interview Questions

• describe your career growth to date   1 Answer
    • why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion in June 2009.

Interview

It's too long for the process since the first phone call from them, and then phone interview, first on-site, second on-site. There is a technical questions paper test during the first on-site. Very tired to cope with. The company is so weired, without name hanging outside. Be prepared to answer detailed technical questions.