Transamerica Actuarial Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transamerica Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Transamerica

3.3

Actuarial Intern Interview

Interview

two phone interviews, behavioral questions and your experiences

expect full-time

Other Interview Reviews for Transamerica

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Everyone is very nice and they accommodated my busy schedule for the interviews. First round 30 minute phone interview and second round on-site interview. The on-site interview was nearly three hours long, 3 interviews, and four people.

Interview Questions

• "I know you don't understand this page of code (visual basic), but try to tell me what it does."   Answer Question

Actuarial Intern Interview

Interview

I got an on-campus interview. The interviewers asked only 4 questions, all behavioral. Two people interviewed me, and they were both pretty nice.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Saw it online at corporate site, phone interview twice (HR, FSA)

Interview Questions

• Not really much about behavioral questions; more on skills, experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

regular questions, just go over the resume, asked about what is your biggest challenge during your previous internship experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was highly unprofessional. Made derogatory comments about my work experience (then why are you interviewing me?). Asked "So uh... we aren't going to pay to move you out here or interview you so how's this going to work?" in a combative way. I was caught off guard by the tactless and rude phrasing, but told her I would be more than willing to relocate for the temporary position out of my own pocket, and I'd at least get to see what the area and company were like. to which she replied "uh... Why? We aren't going to give you a permanent position." At this point I was pretty put off by the entire interview and did my best to tie up the event smoothly. I was expecting some of the questions to be asked, but not in such a flagrantly hostile way with such a condescending tone. Total witch.

Interview Questions

• Just prepare to be treated like you're less than a human being and you'll be fine.   Answer Question