Transamerica Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transamerica Actuary Interview Questions

Interviews at Transamerica

2.9

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

The HR gave me a call and invited me for an in office interview. She promised to pay me back my train but it has been over one month, she still hasn't contacted me. This company is unbelievable. By now they still have not informed me of any result of this in office interview. Don't go to their interview!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Transamerica

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

They went to my campus to do the first round interview. Then, they invited about 30 candidates to Cedar Rapids for an on site interview. Candidates ate lunch with the interviewers, did some team building exercises, and went to 2 30-minute interviews. It was pretty easy overall. The interviewers were friendly. They dont try to trick you with tough questions. They only want to know how you behave in certain situations. About half the people who got an on site interview got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled multiple projects. How did you manage your time?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and then 3 rounds on-site interview, interview with the manager and your future co-workers. Wait about one month and then got an offer. Went through background check. People are nice, but candidates are competitive though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

Received a call asking me to come out to their Cedar Rapids location for an all-day interview with very short notice. The day started off with lunch at a local hotel where we met with some of the HR employees and other employees within the Actuarial department. From there we went to their office where they gave us a presentation of the Actuarial Student program and then we went on to the actual interviews. I had two separate interviews each with two people. In the first interview the two men who interviewed me were surprisingly rude and condescending, the second two were very nice however. Also never heard back from them on whether I got it or not even though they told us all they'd let us know either way within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. The first one from HR department was going through your resume, strengths and weakness, and why choosing this position and this company. The second one from hiring managers was more about your computer language using experience. They like to hear your specific examples of applying these languages in your study life. VBA, Matlan, or C....
    The whole process lasted about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to apply this job and this company?   1 Answer
    • Can you give me an example of using VBA?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

It is a phone interview that lasted for nearly 30 minutes. It started with asking for background information, then followed by a group of behavior questions. They seemed to need people for their recent project, so they wished people could join their group as soon as possible

Interview Questions

• your greatest professional accomplishment   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

First, the hr scheduled a phone interview. After successfully passed the 1st interview with the hr, they will schedule 2nd manager phone. Finally, there will be an onsite interviews with team members

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process took about 4 weeks. First two rounds were phone interviews and the third one was a visit onsite. Most of the questions are behavior questions. Some are technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university's job board, got a campus interview within a couple of weeks. The interview was very short and most of the time was any questions that I had for them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, only 2 of them, I already forgot them   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica in October 2016.

Interview

It's a 30 minutes inteview, and almost all the questions are behavior questions. The interviewers are very nice and they will need to keep your information at first, like your GPA and education background.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you are not satisfied with your professional performance?   Answer Question