Transamerica Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transamerica Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Transamerica

1.5

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

I came in for 3 seperate interviews. One of them were a conference, and two of them face to face. At first it was very inviting but then on the third interview, It was explained to me that I would have fees to pay for fingerprints as well as certifications. There was also a concern with my ability to succeed but I was still going to get hired. I noticed many flaws in the interviewers dialogue, I did not accept the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Transamerica

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Short and sweet! Just wanting some idea of your work history and how many people do you know as potential buyers. Get your business cards and start meeting and selling insurance.

Interview Questions

• A description of your current and past life.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recruited while working my current job, by a recruiter and invited to meet the personal manager for an interview. I arrived for the "interview," which was a causal sit down with the personal manager. She asked a few questions about my work habits and if I was unhappy with my current job. After passing 20 minutes of conversation, I was then invited back for a group interview/presentation.

For phase three the interview/presentation, consisted of meeting in the DTC office with 9 other candidates. The candidates are then observed interacting. Next the candidates are taken on an office tour to meet the various levels of managers. The tour ends in a meeting area where candidates then are instructed to mingle with current employees. No employee are allowed to answer basic employment questions, instead the are only allowed to say "your questions will be answered in the presentation." The current employees were allowed to discuss how their life has improved since being recruited. Next the candidates are taken to the "presentation," in another office with a projected. The personnel manager then gives a presentation to the candidates similar to an investment firm's sales pitch. Afterwards, the presenter invites all interested candidates to meet with the next level of management for a one-on-one session. In the one-on-one session any questions the candidates will have all questions answers. So I volunteer for the one-on-one interview, still looking for information on the job I was recruited for. I'm then asked a list of 10 short standard interview questions. The managers then have me wait outside while my candidacy is discussed. Next I'm invited back in with a job officer pending my payment of $100 for a background check and the passing of the state licensing exam for Investment Adviser Licensing. Finally, the position is made clear and I declined politely. The manager then became defensive and wanted to understand my grounds for declining. I explained I was interested in the posted available jobs and was not interested in being a investment agent. I was then told those positions were not available.

Break Down

Phase 1: Recruited
    Phase 2: Causal meet with personal manager
    Phase 3: Group candidates meeting and company tour
    Phase 4: Group presentation
    Phase 5: One-on-one interview
    Phase 6: Job offer and payment for background check
    Phase 7: Wait for background check and payment to clear
    Phase 8: Training in office for state licensing exam and 2-3 weeks shadowing [unpaid]
    Phase 9: Pass exam, obtain licensing, and refund for exam
    Phase 10: Officially hired and need to find clients to manage/invest

Interview Questions

• No one during the interview process could answer simple questions about the position like what is the position, hours, or pay. I was being recruited for some unknown position. I even researched the company online and check for the available positions and specifically about posted jobs. Only the top managers were allowed to answer questions.

One-on-one interview question: Why hasn't anyone else tired to hire you?   1 Answer

The entire process seemed a bit shady and unstable. No actual information was provided on the position until the very end. The company wanted $100.00 to cover a background check and then $300.00 to cover the cost of licensing. It was then stated the $300.00 would be refunded to the applicant after passing the state licensing exam.
    This format was described in the presentation as "In business for yourself, but not by yourself."

Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Encino, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Submit resume, Interview and Performance

Negotiation

Simple and to the point

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

very little made sure I had a producers license and that was it. Didn't seem concerned with my past work experience at all. Wasn't really upfront about how the pay would work.

Interview Questions

• very few it was more him telling me about himself and the products   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? about my producers license and when it would expire   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The process includes a background check, a drug screening, and several aptitude and psychological evaluations to see if you are able "to be a salesman." This is followed by a series of phone and in-person interviews. The tests are not very challenging and the recruiter actually advised me to answer on the extreme positive or extreme negative when answering the questions which required answering on a 1-5 scale.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest decision you ever had to make?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The compensation is fixed and I didn't feel like there was any room for negotiation. In addition to the small compensation and relatively weak commission split, they promised to give me a book of business from a retiring agent which turned out to be nothing but a ton of lapsed accounts. I essentially became a collection agent.