Transamerica Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Transamerica Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.4

Retirement Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO).

Interview

First, I had to fill out an application online and then do a series of online tests. Apparently, I did very well on all of the tests. I spent about 3 weeks of my time and got a vague rejection letter that said while we think that you are impressive we are not going to hire you.

Communications Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for position. Interviewer was pretty terse. Not what I would call a pleasant experience that would leave you with a good taste for the firm. That would have been fine, but they never bothered to follow up. Just common courtesy to say thanks for interviewing, but you weren't a good fit. Turned me off of the entire company and I'll certainly let others know.

Director of Digital Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was straightforward with some behavioral and some technical level questions. One of the odd requests was samples of work. As this is in the financial industry, and the nature of the work, the regulatory and compliance rules make this request strange and challenging being in the industry. At the end of interview I was informed that I would be contacted for the next interview. Over six weeks there was no proactive follow up or communication done by them. After several responses of "they will be getting in touch with you" I do not believe they have their act together and will likely not pursue the role if I am contacted. If they can not handle their potential candidates with proper communication and follow up, I am not confident their internal communications can be any better. Big red flag considering they are attempting to improve their customer communications and interaction with their clients (who I may also be). Would steer clear of their digital and marketing areas until they put a better foot forward.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO).

Interview

Telephone interview, two online assessments, face to face with a panel of three - questions are behavioral................................................................................... .............................................................................. ................................... ...........................

Interview Questions

• behavorial - than standard   1 Answer

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Day Interview with different teams in different departments. Very formal and some people just did not look happy. The offices were nice. The place felt very out dated. There were cubes and it looked like people were in silos. The break room looked very bland. People were not social.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO).

Interview

They weren't sure what they were hiring for, so just bring your portfolio and tell them what you're good at. First you talk to HR, then you talk to VPs, then come back to talk to VPs again and sometimes their team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - I came in through an agency.

Otherwise, negotiate for the top. They underpay compared to other annuity companies.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview, phone interview with manager and then an offer was made at a set hourly wage. Behavioral type of questions with three supervisors. All three go through a series of different questions.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you encountered at a job a difficult situation? What resources did you use and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. A set salary.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO).

Interview

Starts with initial phone screening, some behavioral questions, then moves to in person interview with a panel, behavioral interview questions. Heard back that I had the position in 4 business days via phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a change in your work environment (as in the desk you sat at, how many screens you used, etc...).   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I was recruited while working my current job, by a recruiter and invited to meet the personal manager for an interview. I arrived for the "interview," which was a causal sit down with the personal manager. She asked a few questions about my work habits and if I was unhappy with my current job. After passing 20 minutes of conversation, I was then invited back for a group interview/presentation.

For phase three the interview/presentation, consisted of meeting in the DTC office with 9 other candidates. The candidates are then observed interacting. Next the candidates are taken on an office tour to meet the various levels of managers. The tour ends in a meeting area where candidates then are instructed to mingle with current employees. No employee are allowed to answer basic employment questions, instead the are only allowed to say "your questions will be answered in the presentation." The current employees were allowed to discuss how their life has improved since being recruited. Next the candidates are taken to the "presentation," in another office with a projected. The personnel manager then gives a presentation to the candidates similar to an investment firm's sales pitch. Afterwards, the presenter invites all interested candidates to meet with the next level of management for a one-on-one session. In the one-on-one session any questions the candidates will have all questions answers. So I volunteer for the one-on-one interview, still looking for information on the job I was recruited for. I'm then asked a list of 10 short standard interview questions. The managers then have me wait outside while my candidacy is discussed. Next I'm invited back in with a job officer pending my payment of $100 for a background check and the passing of the state licensing exam for Investment Adviser Licensing. Finally, the position is made clear and I declined politely. The manager then became defensive and wanted to understand my grounds for declining. I explained I was interested in the posted available jobs and was not interested in being a investment agent. I was then told those positions were not available.

Break Down

Phase 1: Recruited
    Phase 2: Causal meet with personal manager
    Phase 3: Group candidates meeting and company tour
    Phase 4: Group presentation
    Phase 5: One-on-one interview
    Phase 6: Job offer and payment for background check
    Phase 7: Wait for background check and payment to clear
    Phase 8: Training in office for state licensing exam and 2-3 weeks shadowing [unpaid]
    Phase 9: Pass exam, obtain licensing, and refund for exam
    Phase 10: Officially hired and need to find clients to manage/invest

Interview Questions

• No one during the interview process could answer simple questions about the position like what is the position, hours, or pay. I was being recruited for some unknown position. I even researched the company online and check for the available positions and specifically about posted jobs. Only the top managers were allowed to answer questions.

One-on-one interview question: Why hasn't anyone else tired to hire you?
      1 Answer

The entire process seemed a bit shady and unstable. No actual information was provided on the position until the very end. The company wanted $100.00 to cover a background check and then $300.00 to cover the cost of licensing. It was then stated the $300.00 would be refunded to the applicant after passing the state licensing exam.
    This format was described in the presentation as "In business for yourself, but not by yourself."

Marketing Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was done by 2 people, neither one of them being HR. One was the hiring manager, a C-level execute and the other a manager of the same level for another product. It was pretty informal, however, neither one of them really knew what they were doing in terms of asking the right questions.

Interview Questions

• Asking about the competition within the industry and which competitor did I like the best and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, however, they did not budge on salary. Advice: they are very strict on their salary offers.