Transamerica Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transamerica Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Transamerica

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Lake Oswego, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

JUST ANOTHER SCAM-LIKE tricky sales position without any base salary or benefits whatsoever.

They called me and wanted me to have an interview for a Project/Portfolio Manager position. I went there and they gave a slide show presentation of how big the company is and how much the "potential" money you can make by selling their insurance/financial advising services.

Before the interview they make you fill out this form where the questions are like "You want to own your own business?" "what is your favorite vacation spot" etc.

They dont let you ask questions until the end of the presentation and at the end, the guy takes off saying he`s in a hurry to go to another meeting to avoid the hard questions and you`re suppose to ask the questions to his assistant guy. They make you feel like you`ll be a billionaire by telling you how much they make and go to all those golf courses and expensive hotels around the globe.

Anyways, at the end you realize it`s just a insurance/financial advisor sales position WITHOUT ANY BASE SALARY. Not even minimum wage. No benefits or anything either.

I`m a Software Project Manager and they tricked me into going into this interview. After wasting my 2 hours on the slide show, I couldn`t even ask my questions and realized there is this checkbox on the bottom of the form saying "I`m interested in further interviews" or "I`m not interested".

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite vacation spot?   1 Answer
  • How would you like to own your business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Transamerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, totally waste of time. The interview process is a presentation of the company, which is absolutely a fraud. Do not go to this company, don't waste you time, don't waste you life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First it was group interview. The recruiter wanted to get you involved in their occasional events and presentations. You need to get licensed before you become their insurance agent and it will not be imbursed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview a few days later. I looked online about Transamerica before the interview and decided to go in for at least the experience of an interview even though many people were saying that it was a scam. I didn't even get any extra interview experience because my "interview" was the recruiter telling me about how a few people have used this position to become RICH! He didn't care about my qualifications or experiences and didn't even read my resume, all he wanted was another body out there trying to sell policies so that he could cash in on some of the commission of his recruits (just like a true mlm scheme). To be honest Transamerica doesn't want employees to better their company, they want as many slaves as possible to sling their products. This is abundantly clear when I learned that if I took the position I wouldn't even be a Transamerica employee but rather a contractor working for them. I can only assume that they do this so that they, legally, don't have to pay their workers a cent while they make tons of money off of their work, in true slave master fashion.

Interview Questions

• Did I tell you about how you can make 6 figures because the baby boomers are retiring?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Anaheim, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Female appointment setter called to ask to set up interview for company. I stated that I did not want any sale or commission work and lady stated that this was not the type of work that was sales or commission only that you had a base salary to start at the company. This was a lie because after speaking with someone who use to work there and I called her to cancel and left a message. She phoned back the next day and said I did not leave a message and I told her directly that I did not want any sales or commission work only salary jobs with medical, dental, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done any sales or commission work before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was full of very basic behavioral questions. The company is not a finance company solely sales. They also lied about the base salary on Linkdin, stating that it was 60K but it's solely based on sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

My lead was so passionate and made me feel at ease about the whole training process. Everyone is so nice and made you feel right at home. Great preparation no discrimination.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy going process. Few questions about my skills and my vision for the next few years. Fast process, got an offer shortly after. Nice people and great great atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Brea, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Group presentation - of how the financial resources cycle and as the baby boomers start to retire and need to shift their retirement savings around it is time to be on the ground floor and recruit these baby boomers into investing their retirement funds with Transamerica AKA WFG as Transamerica partners up with all other financial services companies as some sort of Financial Services brokerage firm for all other insurance service providers. They wanted me to pay $100.00 to Transamerica that day to become a group partner within it's organization.

Interview Questions

• Can you study for and obtain your Series 6 and or 7 license as soon as possible, at my own cost of course (within the next 30 days) to be eligible to start selling their financial services to it's customers.   2 Answers

I have seen these types of pyramid schemes before whenever an employer asks you for money to join their team beware! During the telephone interview process they made the job sound as if I would be managing a department but you would basically be managing your own clientele (been there done that before and not interested in it in the least!).

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist posting and was contacted the next day for an interview. The process was very easy with basic questions about my background and why I'm interested. After that I came for a second interview, and was called 2 days later asking if I wanted to take the position.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from? Why do you want to work here? What experience do you have? Very easy questions.   Answer Question