Transamerica Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transamerica Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Transamerica

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transamerica (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a coffee with a former friend. She then proceeded to give a 45 minute presentation. After answering any questions i had, she explained that i could earn money doing what she was doing. She asked if i was would be interested and I signed up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Transamerica

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Hampton, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Typical hiring process for a sales position. They ask questions. You ask answer and ask questions. They will let you know indirectly if they feel as though you are a good fit as well as the requirements for the position.

Interview Questions

• What type of sale experience do you have and are you currently have your VA Health and Life Insurance License.   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiting manager about 12 hours after I applied online. I went to interview with the manager and it went well. This first interview was the opportunity interview, the first step in a long pre-employment process. The next step was to fill out the career application and then have the career interview, but it's been two weeks since I filled out the career application and I've had no follow up since.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Responded to an ad on craigslist with my resume. Was called to set up an interview. Arrived at interview to find the whole process kind of 'scammy'. Wasn't asked any questions about myself or any of my work history. The interviewer went over a hiring packet for the duration of the interview, mainly covering how I would be getting paid. I think the company hires new sales people with the expectation of them to fail, after selling some life insurance policies to some friends and families first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transamerica (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

2 step process, first with Office Administrator, second with Manager. At the conclusion of the interview the Manager said the ball was in my court and he provided office and his personal cell phone numbers to reach him if I had any questions or interest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Anaheim, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I never applied for an insurance company! I got a call from them and the gentleman said its a financial company and works with money and do finance! He invited me for an interview! I asked him if he can email me the address and he said is it ok I send you a text message?! I said its ok! I didn't know the name of the company since I got the address and searched that on google map to see what it is! I went there 15 minutes before and saw few more people there waiting for an interview at the same time as me! they took us in a meeting room and showed us a video and then a presentation about the company and percentage of people who are their customers! They said its not a sales position! I never want to work as a sale position but what they are looking for are sales people but they want to call it something else! After that presentation each of people invited one of us who came for n interview in to their office and talked with us about how is the process! at the end of that he told me I have to give them my credit card and DL as I have to pay $ 100 to enter to the system! Thats was so weird! I have a master degree in management and I don't know how they can do this! They called me and never said its a sales position! I went there and asked them and said no sorry we do not have any sales position! we offer different kinds of job in management but sales! but its all lies! all they want is sales people and nothing else! I declined the offer and came out from the office!

Interview Questions

• Which part of our presentation you liked more?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews at their San Fernando Valley office and in both of them, they were more interested in getting me on board so I can bring others on since they get a percentage of everything I bill as well as that of anyone I bring on. Seems more like a pyramid scheme as opposed to trying to bring on quality people and help them succeed. I was very unimpressed with their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• N/A - I asked most of the questions. It was more of me interviewing them.   Answer Question

Was not impressed with the professionalism of this office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broadview, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Broadview, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

The management was gone that day, so the recruiter did a quick interview with me & asked me to fill out some background check info. She apologized I'd have to come back for another interview with somebody higher. I noticed the office itself wasn't anything to brag about...don't know if I would have wanted to meet a potential client there. I never received another word from them until another location for the same company noticed my interview online. They tried to get me to come in for an interview at their locaton, but I declined. I'm communicating with enough potential employers that I'm not this desperate to enlist with a company who leaves me with a feeling of malaise through their non-professional tactics. (The second location may have been totally different, but I'm already jaded).

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in insurance sales?   Answer Question
    • How many years of commission-only sales do you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Pikeville, KY) in June 2013.

Interview

Review was very informative and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Kind of difficult to understand actually how to make sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Diamond Bar, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

A little gruff, a little throw it against the wall and see what sticks

Interview Questions

• What do you mean you don't want to own your own business? You'd rather be an EMPLOYEE?   Answer Question

It seemed a little too random as to why I was asked in, like they ask anyone in