Transamerica Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transamerica Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Transamerica

1.3

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica in October 2017.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiting manager about 12 hours after I applied online. I went to interview with the manager and it went well. This first interview was the opportunity interview, the first step in a long pre-employment process. The next step was to fill out the career application and then have the career interview, but it's been two weeks since I filled out the career application and I've had no follow up since.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Transamerica

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transamerica (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a coffee with a former friend. She then proceeded to give a 45 minute presentation. After answering any questions i had, she explained that i could earn money doing what she was doing. She asked if i was would be interested and I signed up.

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Hampton, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Typical hiring process for a sales position. They ask questions. You ask answer and ask questions. They will let you know indirectly if they feel as though you are a good fit as well as the requirements for the position.

Interview Questions

• What type of sale experience do you have and are you currently have your VA Health and Life Insurance License.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews at their San Fernando Valley office and in both of them, they were more interested in getting me on board so I can bring others on since they get a percentage of everything I bill as well as that of anyone I bring on. Seems more like a pyramid scheme as opposed to trying to bring on quality people and help them succeed. I was very unimpressed with their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• N/A - I asked most of the questions. It was more of me interviewing them.   Answer Question

Was not impressed with the professionalism of this office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broadview, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Broadview, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

The management was gone that day, so the recruiter did a quick interview with me & asked me to fill out some background check info. She apologized I'd have to come back for another interview with somebody higher. I noticed the office itself wasn't anything to brag about...don't know if I would have wanted to meet a potential client there. I never received another word from them until another location for the same company noticed my interview online. They tried to get me to come in for an interview at their locaton, but I declined. I'm communicating with enough potential employers that I'm not this desperate to enlist with a company who leaves me with a feeling of malaise through their non-professional tactics. (The second location may have been totally different, but I'm already jaded).

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have in insurance sales?   Answer Question
    • How many years of commission-only sales do you possess?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikeville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Pikeville, KY) in June 2013.

Interview

Review was very informative and thorough.

Interview Questions

• Kind of difficult to understand actually how to make sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Diamond Bar, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

A little gruff, a little throw it against the wall and see what sticks

Interview Questions

• What do you mean you don't want to own your own business? You'd rather be an EMPLOYEE?   Answer Question

It seemed a little too random as to why I was asked in, like they ask anyone in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Torrance, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a one on one with a lady who never indicated her role or position, she did have her own office, but no business card. Attempts to acquire straight answers ( I have been in the business 30 years and she said she has been doing insurance for 10 years) was impossible. Vague, evasive, hyperbolic, circular.

Interview Questions

• Basically do you fog a mirror! Stupid and desperate with time and cash!!   1 Answer
    • Asked me to come back to a "cattle call" or Open House for a presentation on an evening.   1 Answer

My due diligence indicated the ethics, corporate culture, and credibility and legitimacy of this "opportunity" was very low to nonexistent.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Milpitas, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

quick, not tough. They want anyone/ everyone to join and work so they will invest their time if you have potential. They will try to get you to sign up for a 7702 and ask for your card for "information purposes" they might charge you/might not. I didn't but my other friend who works there did. Everyone is extremely friendly and wants to make money. So if you go in to work/ interview, be ready to contact everyone you know and ask them to meet up with you so you can give them a pitch about how they should be saving their money.

Interview Questions

• what are your future goals? 2-5-10 years from now. how to you plan to do that   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. insurance companies pay you 25% 35% up to 65% commision on your sale. no base salary

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, I was hired immediately. They probably should have asked me more questions about myself rather than explain the benefits of working in the industry and for the company. After being appointed I was given a 10 week training plan that was never executed by my manager.