Transamerica Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Transamerica

2.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You know there's no base salary and it's all commission-based when the employer has to sell you on why you should work there. It may be a great job for someone with a lot of friends who are looking for retirement/financial planning services but other than that, not worth the time.

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Process took 2 months. I was applying from the other side of the country, so the initial screening process was intensive. Three phoners: one with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager, and one with the whole team. A month later, I was flown to the office for an in-person. The in-person took almost four hours: interviewed with HR, then the whole team, then the VP of Training, and finally the VP of Operations. Three days later, got a phoner with an offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Very structured interview, which I what I expect from a training department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little wiggle room.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Professional and Informative. The interview covered my skills and the company profile. What to expect when working for the company and how it aligns with my experience. It gave me perspective and helped to cement an understanding of what I could gain by working for this company.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. We talked for a while and then I was brought in for an in-person interview with the rest of the team. The team interview was your standard setup where I discussed my experience with them, asked questions, answered theirs, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience.   1 Answer

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and professional. The interviewer spent a good amount of time (about 1 hour) getting to know me and explained the product very clearly. He went over expectations, commission structure, and typical hours for F/T and PT employees.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Group interview with several managers at one time. Questions were fairly standard.

Negotiation

I took the offer they gave, not knowing their ranges, but in retrospect should have asked for more.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Clear and fast.
    I was explained how to become a member an the possibilities of becoming an independent financial consultant.
    Because this business is more focused in how to become a "businesses" owner there no hiring interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional, totally waste of time. The interview process is a presentation of the company, which is absolutely a fraud. Do not go to this company, don't waste you time, don't waste you life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First it was group interview. The recruiter wanted to get you involved in their occasional events and presentations. You need to get licensed before you become their insurance agent and it will not be imbursed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transamerica (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Talking with a manager, he briefly introduced their training process. Then he asked about the experience and background on resume. Why you can do for the firm. And he shared a specific case in work. Describe how the product to be sell