Transatlantic Reinsurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Transatlantic Reinsurance

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transatlantic Reinsurance (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I had a phone screening which was followed by an 2 in person interviews with 2 other employees. We talked about my background, the job itself and the company as a whole. The interview questions were your typical questions about your resume and what you find interesting about the role. My interview process took a little bit longer than usual because of the role I was applying to.

Microstrategy Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transatlantic Reinsurance (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

4-5 people interviewed. Ranged from tough questions and light questions. The Interview took about 2-3 hours. Nice people. Made me comfortable in the beginning. At the end told we will get back in 2 weeks. Took 4 weeks to know the result.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Microstrategy. Some admin: user management, security. Developer: Reports, Dashboards creation. Differences between older and newer versions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transatlantic Reinsurance (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews conducted by two underwriting analysts that explained the position, asked about why you're interested in reinsurance and working for TransRe, and a few personality questions. Most intern applicants don't know much about the reinsurance field, so interviews are more focused on personality based questions, situational questions, and technical questions that reveal your ability to use any computer programs necessary for the position and help determine whether you will be able to comprehend their internal data systems.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in reinsurance?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transatlantic Reinsurance (New City, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Received phone call and set up a time to do phone interview, I am waiting for the result of phone interview, second round will be in the office with one or two managers

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual, seems they care about GPA, coz she asked me how can I get such a high GPA.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transatlantic Reinsurance (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice for two different positions with different sets of interviewers and both experiences were genuinely positive. The interviewing style was traditional with different competency questions used to evaluate my strengths/weaknesses. A large part of the interview was focused on going through my CV and I was particularly impressed by the fact that a large portion of time was dedicated to explaining the company and the nature of the role.