Transcend Information Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transcend Information Interview Questions

Interviews at Transcend Information

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Transcend Information (Orange, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Sent my resume to HR through email for account manager position. Received an email the next day to schedule an onsite interview with the HR and General manager Clarence Chan. Interview was fairly fast.
    First they went through my resume and looked at my current job and asked me some questions on that.
    Then they asked what do I see myself doing in the near future. Then the GM asked me to tell him one specific thing I don't like about my current job. Then he asked how would I try to make sales to a client who feels like a product is too expensive. Then he asked me why I decided to major in my particular engineering program. Followed by a few more small things from my resume, and then allowed me to ask them some questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Prepare for really basic interview questions, and the detail in your resume. Lastly, basically why you want to do this job and what's good about them.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Transcend Information (Orange, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through my vollege website for an Account Manager position. The next day, HR emailed me saying I'd be a better fit for the Sales Assistant position and set me up with an interview. I didn't interview with HR but with the General Manager who asked me to go down my previous jobs and asked me questions. It went pretty well and he was very nice. It is true what they say about his aceent so try to pay attention and use context clues to answer his questions. I'm still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• He specifically asked why I applied for the position and why their company. Can't really say "I need a job" so really think about why you're applying and be honest.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transcend Information (Orange, CA).

Interview

The HR person there is nice and informative. The sales managers there are all nice and cooperative, with the exception of 1, who once you enter the company you know him, watch out for him, he thinks are interviewing for the position of CEO at Apple.

Interview Questions

• ALL of them from the GM. He has a very heavy accent and it is very difficult to understand him.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well they make it seem like your job is going to be important, only to find out you are following orders. So it is easy, not challenging and doesn't require much intelligence.

E-commerce Interview

Interview

Pretty easy-going until you get asked questions by the GM. The GM came in to the interview with his button up half-buttoned exposing his wife-beater. He looked like a mess and very unprofessional. He didn't even ask any questions pertaining to the position. Good luck. Oh yeah, he has an accent, but is understandable.

Interview Questions

• Just getting asked questions by the GM was difficult because of his accent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transcend Information (Miami, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with General Manager, asked the typical interview questions (previous employment, why I would be a good asset to the team). Received an official offer by email a few days after the interview. From the day of the interview to my start date was 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous employment, and how that will translate to this position.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transcend Information in July 2012.

Interview

First I got a call expressing interest in me and was scheduled for a face to face. During the face to face i would say it was pretty easy for one reason...i sold my self and the hiring manager was impressed. Be passionate and smart with your answers. I was not asked anything out of the ordinarary they mainly gauge your character to see if your would be a good sales man. Be yourself and be confident.

Interview Questions

• If i speak spanish and they had me confirm by calling a co worker who speaks spanish and speaking with him. asked about past jobs...asked about my ability to sell but then said i did a good job selling myself already. remember your interview IS YOUR SALES PITCH.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transcend Information in September 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard. They call you and ask you a couple questions, and then you speak to the GM and whoever your manager will be. They ask you about your work experience, college experience, and will ask you about your sales and customer service experience.

They will consider you and will call you back, offering a benefits package with an offer. They won't tell you the details of your benefits till you are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transcend Information (Orange, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

interviewed by the GM. Very heavy accent. extremely rude, i was so confused after the interview. I was very surprised when i was called back that same day with an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions, basically if the GM liked you, you had the job. so it was a matter of making him happy. The entire company is his show.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed a job so i took it. i never realized what a horrible place it would be .

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transcend Information in July 2010.

Interview

Well I tried to be professional, but you cannot understand their English. it is very difficult to answer when you don't understand the question. So all in all, it was difficult just because they don't speak English very well. The interview with the GM was the worst because he comes in here and tries to intimidate you, but then you are lost because you don't understand him.

Interview Questions

• All of them, because they don't speak English that well.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Overpromise commission. Overpromise bonus. It is best to negotiate a higher salary because you won't get anything else from them. Everything is at the discretion of the GM and if he likes you, you are good. If not, good luck.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transcend Information (Orange, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

This manager asked me my interests and what I knew about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just accepted and I earned $2,900 per month. Entry-level.