Transocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transocean Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

KLPD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transocean (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online via the company portal. After this they call you for an interview. Just be yourself, if there is one thing that the company appreciates, it's honesty. Appear down to earth and sincere, surely you can land up in this wonderful company.

ART Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Transocean in June 2011.

Interview

The interview started with one of the company's offshore(not very sure of his job title, but definitely not HR person) who immediately got me into the swing boat of the company; drilling me to know how seriously i had taken the safety induction that visitors are given upon entering the office premises. After that initial "company welcome" to remind me of the company's emphasis on safety, we then got to the real interview that sought to know my aptitude in general and my personality especially my response or judgment to situations.<not all but hope u dont mind my barely touchy detailing>.
    I also had an opportunity to meet with an OIM who also did his share of the quizzing.
    Luckily i managed to progress to the next selection stage. e of his job title, but definitely not HR person) who immediately got me into the swing boat of the company; drilling me to know how seriously i had taken the safety induction that visitors are given upon entering the office premises. After that initial "company welcome" to remind me of the company's emphasis on safety, we then got to the real interview that sought to know my aptitude in general and my personality especially my response or judgment to situations.<not all but hope u dont mind my barely touchy detailing>.
    Luckily i managed to progress to the next selection stage.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Transocean, and how did you hear about the company and the ART program.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interviewed once and in person twice. Accepted the position, drug screened, resigned my current role. I was then told that the job was cancelled due to budget.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transocean (Mumbai (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

here were 3 rounds of interview. 1st technical, 2nd is managerial and 3rd is HR. The 1st round was f2f, followed by another f2f ( 2nd round ) after 10 days. The hr round was telephonic after 3 days of 2nd round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

good.

Senior Project Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

it was an interview with the hiring manager and a HR rep. the interview lasted an hour and a half. we talked about the position and my past. the interview was straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle your time management skills?   1 Answer

Rig Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Transocean.

Interview

The recruitment process was in three stages. A written test and two interviews. The written test had basic engineering questions and calculations. The first interview was with a panel that asked questions based on resume contents. The next interview had presentations and group tasks

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should choose you from all applicants?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transocean (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Got selected through campus interview.
    Initial shortlisting based on CVs. Then a group activity in which the applicants were divided into groups of 6-7 and some materials were given which had to be constructed into a required structure. There were two teams making 1 structure, and 3 structures in totality. In the end a member from each team had to give a presentation about their model.
    Further shortlisting was done for PI. The interview went pretty smooth and proceeded wherever I steered it. They like it when you are in control.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Conditions were prefixed.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transocean (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was head-hunted by a Senior Supply Chain Manager through Linkedin. The first interview was conducted via telephone with the Senior Supply Chain Manager and Project Director. The tele-conference lasted an hour, with me giving an introduction of myself and past experiences. A second interview ensued shortly with the same interviewers in person. I was quizzed on some technical aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• The Project Director assumed I had a master degree.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very keen to hire me after the interviews and met my expected pay package. They did not even bother to ask how much I was paid in my previous employments.

Wells Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Was not direct with questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with a Human Resources representative and 1 in person with engineers from the company. They were very open and honest interviews and I felt very comfortable which is not usually the case. They were interviewing me to see who I was as a person rather than to see how I operated under pressure.