Transocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transocean Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

ART Subsea Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by written test -very basic math and English questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people, including HR. Very standard interview process, nothing too unusual and very professional. They made an accommodation to my schedule and interviewed me before I started my job so I wouldn't miss any work. I was pleased with the interview.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transocean in June 2009.

Interview

Interview process was simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was simple

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

A quick 10-minute phone call about a week before being asked to come in, a hiring seminar was conducted where personnel came in to speak to potential employees, at the end an offer letter was handed to each individual based on the specific job.

Interview Questions

• Specific equip to which I was familiar   1 Answer

Roustabout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy and secure. People were friendly and treated you with respect. Things went well and fast. Also after the three days in Houston a physical test was required which was also fast and easy. The entire process took 7 days.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transocean in October 2010.

Interview

1 interview, had hired on through an agency, and they needed a temp worker for a couple of months. After my temp time was up they offered me a full time job in another department. The people that work here are amazing, everyone has each other's back and it really has a family type feel to it.

Interview Questions

• How much I knew about the rigs.   1 Answer
    • What is my opinion of Transocean.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate, I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Third Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was very straight forward through my school. Though it was very selective. fifty applicants, out of the fifty only fourteen got iterviews, out of the fourteen interviewers only 3 got jobs, I was one of the three

Rig Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estoril (Portugal)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transocean (Estoril (Portugal)) in March 2014.

Interview

I participad In Lisbon summit organized by Elite career during 3 days...I left my CV during the 2nd day (Saturday) of the event In Transocean stand, after 1 hour recruiter call me to schedule an Interview from tomorrow, on Sunday afternoon. Interviewed by HR recruiter from Nigeria...After 2 weeks they sent me an online assessment test. Unfortunately I have not reached the mark points to go to next stage of process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with a Human Resources representative and 1 in person with engineers from the company. They were very open and honest interviews and I felt very comfortable which is not usually the case. They were interviewing me to see who I was as a person rather than to see how I operated under pressure.

Wells Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Was not direct with questions