Transocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transocean Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

Third Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Transocean.

Interview

15 minute personal interview with a Captain of a drillship. Read through my letters of recommendation and engineering evaluations. Then two weeks HR contacted me. I heard others had a technical interview. Technical interviews consisted of basic marine engineering, diesels, electronics, refrigeration, propulsion.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over everyone else?   1 Answer

Roustabout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Easy and secure. People were friendly and treated you with respect. Things went well and fast. Also after the three days in Houston a physical test was required which was also fast and easy. The entire process took 7 days.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interviewed once and in person twice. Accepted the position, drug screened, resigned my current role. I was then told that the job was cancelled due to budget.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

A quick 10-minute phone call about a week before being asked to come in, a hiring seminar was conducted where personnel came in to speak to potential employees, at the end an offer letter was handed to each individual based on the specific job.

Interview Questions

• Specific equip to which I was familiar   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with a Human Resources representative and 1 in person with engineers from the company. They were very open and honest interviews and I felt very comfortable which is not usually the case. They were interviewing me to see who I was as a person rather than to see how I operated under pressure.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transocean (Mumbai (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

here were 3 rounds of interview. 1st technical, 2nd is managerial and 3rd is HR. The 1st round was f2f, followed by another f2f ( 2nd round ) after 10 days. The hr round was telephonic after 3 days of 2nd round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

good.

Senior Project Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transocean (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

it was an interview with the hiring manager and a HR rep. the interview lasted an hour and a half. we talked about the position and my past. the interview was straight forward and easy.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle your time management skills?   1 Answer

Rig Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Estoril (Portugal)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transocean (Estoril (Portugal)) in March 2014.

Interview

I participad In Lisbon summit organized by Elite career during 3 days...I left my CV during the 2nd day (Saturday) of the event In Transocean stand, after 1 hour recruiter call me to schedule an Interview from tomorrow, on Sunday afternoon. Interviewed by HR recruiter from Nigeria...After 2 weeks they sent me an online assessment test. Unfortunately I have not reached the mark points to go to next stage of process.

Rig Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Transocean.

Interview

The recruitment process was in three stages. A written test and two interviews. The written test had basic engineering questions and calculations. The first interview was with a panel that asked questions based on resume contents. The next interview had presentations and group tasks

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should choose you from all applicants?   Answer Question

KLPD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Transocean (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online via the company portal. After this they call you for an interview. Just be yourself, if there is one thing that the company appreciates, it's honesty. Appear down to earth and sincere, surely you can land up in this wonderful company.