Transport Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Transport Corporation of America

Trucker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. General questions asked about life experiences. I was hired in as a pre-hire before I completed school. Scheduled for orientation coming up really soon. Can't wait to get started. Its going to be in Indian Indianapolis.

Interview Questions

• Previous work history. Questions about how my family feels about my career choice   Answer Question

Fleet Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Extensive, interview with 4 managers in same day. Approximately took 4 hours. The managers were perfessional, formal interview setting and questions . Also took tour and introduced to whole staff, everyone very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America (Bristol, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone.They paid for my transportation to oreintation , meals, and hotel room.Three days of orientation were informative. Free transport back to hotel each evening.They were professional and showed students respect.

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America (Eagan, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

It was an easy process. The people I dealt with were nice and worked hard to get me going. I applied on line, got a phone call. They called me several times, I answered their questions. They made arrangements for my DOT p.hysical, they also made arrangements for me to get to their terminal. The rented me a car to get there. I stayed in a hotel, Went to orientation, driving test and training. Then I was assigned truck and I was off

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, followed by a in person interview. A job offer was given a few days later. It came to my attention later on that anybody given an in person interview typically gets a job offer due to them having a position open year long

Negotiation

They gave me everything I had asked for on my application

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America.

Interview

They did background check and set me up for orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a set rate of cpm dependent on your experience

Support Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Mostly questions about problem solving and employee relations. The interview was mostly one on one with the manager. But, the head assistant sat in on the interview to provide the manager feedback on initial fit with the team and personality assessment.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was awesome. All individuals from the recruiter to the office manager at orientation to the trainig staff were totally knowledgeable and fuuly capable of handling all functions concerning the intake .Filling out the forms was simple and smooth. Classroom training was effective, on schedule, and interesting. I enjoyed my time there and wish them all the best.

Interview Questions

• Personally, my most difficult situation was that I had an overweight ticket that had not been taken care of by an previous employer which left me with an suspended liscense in the state of Indiana, which just happened to be where orientation was being held. They gave me the space to l;et me get that handled without interference or judgement and I am working here to this day. Most others would just have shown you the door.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very much negotiation.

Fleet Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screening followed by one on one and group interview. Offer was made a few days later. Once offer was made had to go do a drug test. When that came back clean I began work.

Interview Questions

• What are three goals you have accomplished in life.   1 Answer

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transport Corporation of America in July 2009.

Interview

The recruiter, Susan Paradise, was an absolute blast to talk with. If I had a question, I got an answere. The only REAL hick-up was that I was not informed that I would be required to go into Canada if freight warrented it. This should be something that is on their web site as well as brought up in first interview. I only hope that the actual driving experience and orientation goes as well as talking to Susan.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really no negotiations. The pay scale is set. The running area is set. The only decision one has to make is whether he/she wants a job with their criteria.