Transport for NSW Cadet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transport for NSW Cadet Interview Questions

Interviews at Transport for NSW

2.7

Cadet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW.

Interview

Standard interview and behavioural questions, where you are rotated around 4 different rooms with a panel of 2 interviewers. The interviewers are friendly and would give you time to answer questions. There is a group interview, where you have to work together to develop answers to a given scenario and present your solution to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Transport for NSW

Cadet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW.

Interview

Online application, online testing, interview stations, AC and role play. Everything was pretty easy except the role play, which is something you can't really prepare for. Thought I bombed the online testing, but I don't know of anyone who didn't get through.

Interview Questions

• Know yourself and your values, basic interview questions about teamwork, conflict   Answer Question

Cadet Interview

Interview

Online application - resume, initial questions
    online testing - short maths and logic questions
    Mixed multi interview - four five minute interviews, with two interviewers per room. Whole process was over within 40 minutes
    Assessment centre
    Person checks
    Offer

Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Apply online.

2. Online test through Saville Consulting. (3 sections very fast paced)

3. Multi mini interview 4 separate interviews

4. Group interview, and Roll play. (Given a task as a group and told to solve it)

Took a long time for each process also received good feedback when i failed to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What of TfNSW values mostly aligns with your personal values.
      Why you want to work for TfNSW   Answer Question

Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a multi-mini interview. There are four separate rooms, each one with 2 interviewers. The overall interview coordinator rings a bell, you step into the room, sit down, and have 5 minutes to get asked/answer a question. You may leave at any time (you aren't expected to use the full 5 minutes). You then get a 1 minute break before going onto the next room. There are 5 candidates and 4 rooms, so one person is on a 5 minute break while the other 4 are being interviewed.

Overall a very quick process which I found quite relaxing. I appreciated the format, however I can understand that it also makes it feel impersonal and daunting. Emphasis on using STAR to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for TfNSW? What TfNSW value do you identify with the most? Why?   Answer Question
    • What does diversity mean to you? Give an example of a time you dealt with diversity.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were criticized and how did you deal with it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Very different to other interviews. Very interactive and engaging. First stage involved a multi-mini interviews where you have 2 minutes with one interviewer to answer a question. You then switch to another interviewer and repeat. This process occurs 5 times.
    The second stage involved a group activity and an individual activity.