Transport for NSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transport for NSW Interview Questions

Interviews at Transport for NSW

3.1

Cadetship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW.

Interview

1) Online Assessment
    2) MMI Face to face
    3) Assessment Centre
    Was a good experience, however had to word and think through questions fast in interview as you only had 5 minutes to respond to each question.

Passenger Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wodonga (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Wodonga (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Did three interviews.
    - had to answer 39 question sheet in 20min
    - had to discuss three scenario in a group of four
    - had a one on one role play scenario

Pedestrian Wayfinding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2013.

Interview

So casual it was unprofessional- walked through staff area (everyone check me out) supervisor then talked at length about 'his' design vision & 'his' role & his....., then 10 minutes into the interview a staff member 'popped' head into interview room to say to they were going to lunch to which 1 interviewer replied she'd only be another 5 minutes. Questions not strongly related to selection criteria.

Linux Systems Administrator (Suse, Java, Tomcat, Ansible) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was arranged by agency (robertwalters.com.au) and I was supplied with 90% irrelevant and outdated job description and wrong address. Interview was conducted by Nikhil Sehgal and two other people in a technical manner. However interviewers failed to articulate their concerns or confirm their assumptions with me. Over the week after the interview I was advised that they've decided to give job to another candidate because in their opinion I would be "bored" (ignoring the fact that I've explicitly expressed my interest to the role). I wish they wouldn't care that much about me and their response makes me wonder if they are capable of honest communication.

Trainee Train Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW.

Interview

online test - 8 questions each from 3 tests. The assessment consists of diagrammatic reasoning, verbal and numerical analysis tests.
    after that, it was a job related skill assessment. same skills as the online test.

Graduate - Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initial application followed by two rounds of online testing through Saville Consulting (found these easier than almost every other online test I've done for a job) which was numerical, reading and abstract based. Then multi mini interviews basically speed dating over 4 stations with one question at each station. Then an assessment centre with a one on one role play with an actor and a group task. Finally reference and pre employment checks.

Interview Questions

• Which of the TfNSW values mostly aligns with your personal values   1 Answer

Qualified Train Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Simulator with different scenarios.
    Interview with a panel of 3. Only 5 questions
    Everything focus in safety, follow procedures and how to react under situations a train driver experiences in a normal day.
    The simulator is in one of the 4g trains of the fleet

Competency Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application included resume, plus 2 page letter addressing 2 key criteria: why are you suited to this job; what learning framework have you implemented.

Interview conducted with 2 HR reps and a manager from the division. Hiring manager not present.

Lead interviewer continually interrupted me while I was answering questions.

Interview questions were not related to job functions at all. Questions were about behaviour. Questions did throw me off, as they were so far removed from job functionality.

Interviewers need to get better understanding of purpose and format of “behavioural” interview techniques.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Transport for NSW.

Interview

It was a contract role and I was pregnant. There was no discrimination and I got the role. Great process and really great role. The initial vetting was with a recruitment agency who fully prepared me for the interview.

Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW.

Interview

I had to do an online application, MMI, role play activity, group activity. The group activity was to build something out of the material that they give you. I then received an offer many months later.