TravelCenters of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TravelCenters of America Interview Questions

Interviews at TravelCenters of America

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willcox, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Willcox, AZ) in October 2018.

Interview

It was fairly easy, but when you have completed the interview they don't even call you back to let you know you didn't get it. Other workers seemed unprofessional, made the interview awkward.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you showed exemplary customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McCalla, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (McCalla, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Didn't need a cashier as bad as they needed help in the kitchen. So I chose to except the job for Buffet Cook. I was offered more money than I applied for. Plus the store is right down the road from my home.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to prepare food for a buffet?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lake Station, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Lake Station, IN) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was ok.only one person interviewed me.they were very nice and respectable. asked a handful of questions as well.the interview lasted for about thirty to fourty-five minutes as well.

Interview Questions

• how did I like working with others   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arvin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Arvin, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Brief, not very welcoming management. they are unprofessional and over work their employees. very much underpaid and have to struggle so much because of the weak management. They cut your hours for every little r hey are always slandering he employees and allowing the work space to feel not welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Saturday, was called on Monday. Went for an interview Tuesday. It was horrible. There was the basic interview process with the manager (who was nice enough) but he told me one of their rules is no cashiers in the diesel aisle because two people had been abducted before. Then he made me put on a smock and walk around the store and try the register out, but then he left me to work the register for two hours - some of which I was alone for - and the other cashiers were very rude and impatient. The manager asked me if I had my social security card and driver's license with me, and I told him I didn't, gave him back the smock and left. I will not be returning.

Interview Questions

• Just average questions, although the manager did ask me to tell him what I think I should be paid.   2 Answers

Leaving someone to work a register for two hours when they haven't even been hired yet is ridiculous. There should be different training days.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Ocala, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and simple. I applied for the job online. Filled out resume and all information that was needed. Went in for my interview.Then just had to wait for background check to come back. Was called and told I had the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America in February 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online. Next day received call from manager inviting me to interview the following day. Interview went great. I was 15 min early, but he still started my interview immediately. Asked me about my availability, minimum pay, education. Gave me a worksheet with some guidelines for the job like what was expected and then some math problems. Then he took me on a tour of the facility, told me about discounts for employees. After the tour, he told me I would be a fuel desk attendant and asked me about my experience with difficult customers, how my management view me, etc. Then he offered me the job and I filled out my background check paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked what my minimum was and then offered it.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Redding, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Cat and mouse. Very condescending. Too much corporate junk to sign off on for such a meager job. Be better off going to a regular full-size restaurant. I felt like I was treated like I was in the 6th grade. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't bother unless you really need a job.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

boring, boring, boring, boring, non attentive, none attentive, boring, unprofessional, unprofessional, deceitful, deceitful, boring, boring, personal questions not pertaining to work, questions I would not ask of anyone, always looking around, very distractive, didn't ask many questions about work history

Interview Questions

• job activities, not pertaining to the job, boring, boring, boring, deceitful, unprofessional, not professional at all, none attentive, always looking around and very distractive   1 Answer

unprofessional

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lodi, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TravelCenters of America (Lodi, OH).

Interview

For management there is two visits at least to the interview process. You have to pass testing, background and drug testing. It takes place in a casual setting. Fairly short meeting.