TravelClick Media Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TravelClick Media Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at TravelClick

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

First I had a phone interview screener for about 30 minutes. It was pretty simple they just told me about the company and I gave them a few examples of relevant experience and went through my resume.

The in-person interview was 2 and a half hours long. I must have met with at least 10 different people. They seemed skeptical of me because they told me they thought I was too creative for the position. They told me the job would require me to formulate data on Excel 90 percent of the time. Also one of the entry level employees told me they "worked hard and played hard" which I found innaproppriate in such a professional interview setting.

Whe I finally met with the CEO he basically told me that they had four candidates and I was their top pick. He told me HR would contact me at the begginning of the next week. That never happened. I emailed him and tried to contact them about HR and I did not get a response after multiple attempts until almost 2 weeks later. I got no feedback at all after my request and a 2 sentence email about them "going in a different direction".

Overall I thought it was very rude and unproffesional of the CEO to tell me I practically had the job before leaving the interview- then just not follow through. I'm glad I didn't get this job and have a job now where I can put my talent and creativity to use.

Interview Questions

• A question they use for interviews at Google:
    How many piano tuners are there in NYC?

I thought this question was annoying and only asked for shock value and to impress me.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TravelClick

Media Analyst Interview

Interview

Typical process - phone screen with recruiter, in person with manager, and phone interview with VP.

During my in person, the lady I interviewed with wasn't even able to answer my question - "Who is TravelClick's biggest competition?" She said she didn't know. I mean, really? How can that even be?

Then when leaving, I asked for a business card to send a thank you note. She didn't have one so she wrote down her email as @travelclick.net. When I didn't hear back for a few days, I thought, maybe the domain is @travelclick.com, like the website. So i resent my note to the .com address, and low and behold, I got a reply. That should have been my first red flag that the person who's team I was looking to join didn't even know her own email address.

However, my experience with the VP was much more pleasurable. While talking to him, he asked why I chose my major in college and what I was like as a kid...these are things no interviewer has ever asked, so from him, I felt like he actually cared about me as a person and was honestly looking for a good fit for his team.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TravelClick (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, scheduled for a call and never called back. I emailed her asking what happened and she hasn't responded. Very unprofessional. I've heard other people on Glassdoor having the same issue...