Travelers Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Account Executive Interview Questions

3.5

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview was very open and stress free. It was behavioral in approach and ask you a lot about you individual style and experience in overcoming challenge and working as a team. The interview team was diverse between the management team as well as the coworkers on the floor that would better relate with you.

Interview Questions

• 1) When were you faced with an obstacle at work and how did you overcome it
    2) What is your greatest weakness
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Let's put it this way - the company has no time table when it comes to moving through interview process promptly. Be sure to wear some comfy clothes and just kick back and wait....for about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you were faced with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

They were only willing to offer a 10% increase with a small sign on bonus. Absolutely NO NEGOTIATING on their part. This company is only willing to offer "competitive" salaries which means they don't care to pay for real talent as long as you are the best candidate out of the pool and can pass the warm body test, you shouldn't have a problem receiving an offer. This was seriously an offer I could pass on without a blink of an eye. I realized that were I currently work is a much better place since I receive a real bonus and get paid for decently well for my underwriting talent. This position is more like a glorified salesperson. Also, only the top 1/3 of people who work at Travelers will receive a bonus - talk about a fabulous office atmosphere that will make!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in November 2013.

Interview

The process has been very smooth and the corporate recruiter makes an effort to keep you up to dfate on the progress. The first round is a phone call with the recruiter. Depending on how that goes, there is etiher a another round of phone interviews with the hiring tema or they ask you go on an on-site internview if they are very interested. After the round robin interview with 5 managers, there was a third round with a high level executive who really just wants to get to know you. The technical aspect is done with the hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions during the second round of interviews. Mostly how would you handle an account questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

People seemed very nice and interested. I interviewed with the recruiter online (20 minutes) and was asked to submit the background check application. Next was asked to do live interview--proceeded to meet with 3 different departmental heads in individual interviews (all same day). Again, they seemed interested and I was looking forward to their call offering me the job. I was told they would contact me within a week (either way--decline or offer) but never heard back. They never pulled the background check either.

Interview Questions

• Example of interview question is "Give me an example of when you used your negotiating skills and how did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a long process but standard in this industry. It was many years ago so I don't have much to contribute other than answer honesty, be prepared with knowledge of the company and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed many years ago, I can not recall specifics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Jericho, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

You'd think this was for the FBI. I had to take a 1/2 day (unpaid as I have run out of PTO for the year) for the first interview because it stretched 4 hours. I saw 4 Underwriting Directors and was brutally interrogated. They tried to poke holes in my resume (to no avail) and presented a lot of "what if" scenario questions. I even had a pretty heated debate with one manager because he tried to tell me that we're currently in a "hard" insurance market, which we undoubtedly are NOT. Who knows if this was another one of their "tests". After these interviews, I was told I needed to phone screen with the VP. That went well and I was made an offer contingent upon passing a drug test and background screen. I was told I had to go to a laboratory of their choosing, both 20 miles away from my home/current job and complete the drug test within 48 hours or the offer would be rescinded. This was Thursday at 7 pm. The labs are both closed Saturday. So again, I am forced to take time off from work and be docked pay. I passed the drug test, have no criminal record, a clean MVR and a college degree. The background "investigation" turned up a parking ticket from 2002 from my University, which I had to pay $75 to clear. I got married in September and am in the process of changing my name. They couldn't accept that my SS Card and License were different. They wanted me to go to the DMV and fix it for THEM!! They also wanted every W2 I've ever had. Why?????? What does that have to do with the job offer you made me? I had to call the IRS and was on the phone for DAYS trying to get a work history transcript. Then they accused me of lying about where I formerly worked because my old boss outsourced his payroll and so the W2 said "ADP". I had to beg my old employer to call them back and clarify. Finally, they needed proof of hire date from my current employer. I provided my offer letter. Not good enough. I provided my 401k statement. Not good enough. "Can you get an old pay stub from HR? and a recent one to show you are still actively employed" ENOUGH. This isn't the secret service. I was so anxiety ridden and stressed out during the interview process alone, I can't imagine what it would have been like to actually work there. The scrutiny was ridiculous, intrusive, and unecessary. NO THANKS.

Interview Questions

• If 10 submissions came in at the same time, all the same size, same LOB, same exposure, same premium, how would you prioritize them?   1 Answer

See above. That about says it all.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Walnut, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Forma interview with hiring manager and Regional VP. Follow up interview with hiring manager and other line of business leaders.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and how do you work on improving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation but without specific experience it is tough to negotiate further.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Travelers (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The actual process not to and though it's pretty slow. You wait forever to hear back on whether or not you even got the interview, than just as long to have it scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What's a characteristic in someone that you find makes it difficult to work with them, and how do you handle it?   Answer Question