Travelers Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to attend open house even at the Melville office, attended open house where you sit in a room with approx 10 ppl, you fill out a brief questionnaire form, waited for about 10 minutes then the interviewers came in called your name and everyone proceeded in another room for a one on one with the interviewers. Each person had a different interviewer. The interview lasted about 1hr, they go through a packet maybe 10 pages approx asking questions from the packet, analytical, give a situation or a time type of stuff, they review your resume and you get to talk about your prior experiences to fit in, I highly suggest you research insurance terminology because they ask you give the definitions of words such as endorsement, declaration, contributory and comparable etc. After the interview, everyone proceeds to another room where you are given a brief intro about the company and the benefits, you sit with an "auto blend" employee who basically does the same job you're being interviewed for... you spend about 20 min in the room asking any questions that you have and then they will start calling your name one by one to let you know if you move on to the next step for the assessment. My experience, out of 10 ppl, myself and another guy made it to the next step, they give you a date to come in for the assessment. I took the assessment which consisted of 8 sections that involve logic and reasoning, diagrams of scenarios of accidents where you have to determine which situation matches the accident description, basic math (addition, subtract, multiply, percentage and you get to use scrap paper and calculator) comprehension, personality questionnaire, listening skill, data entry which you basically copy information from the forms given, just some advice, if you're use to typing with the numeric key bad, get use to using the qwerty number keypad on the computer itself because they give you laptop to do the typing test which screwed me big time because I more comfortable using a numeric keypad... the assessment lasted 3.5 hours, once finish, they will explain the next process which is to get the results if you pass or fail, I didn't pass one or more sections like they stated so I failed, I didn't beat myself over it because I tried, I worked for GEICO before and I passed their assessment,each company is different, overall I'm glad I tried. I would highly suggest that you walk with a watch to time yourselves because they give you limited time for each section, try to spend at least 1 min per question, if you run out of time, just guess the answers because once times up you have to put down your pencils and and no going back, even though you know the answer and you need that couple of seconds to jot it down. Time was my biggest challenge because some of the sections you have to read a lot of information, if you're the type to read something twice before getting it, I suggest you practice on your comprehension skills, I ready the question first and then read the question, this way you can decipher the answer while reading. Also, I think you must have some sort of insurance knowledge because there is another section that you have to remember the meaning of the terms and match it to a scenario.

Good Luck to those that are taking the assessment, hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a situation where you made a positive outcome? Are you willing to attend a two weeks training in CT? Are you willing to work 8-5pm MON-FRI?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was then moved forward in the process to a comprehension test that tested basic keyboard skills, logic, math, listening, and reading comprehension. I passed the tests and was sent on for another round of interviews with two auto claims adjusters.

Interview Questions

• Typical, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Filled out online application and then took an hour long test. The test included deductive reasoning questions, typing test, and personality test. I must have passed because I got an email to set up a phone interview about a week later. The interview was scheduled almost 2 weeks away which I thought was weird. Interview was about 30 minutes and pleasant. Questions focused on being concise, customer service, and time management. Mostly STAR questions. Once I finished, I was scheduled for an in person interview for 2 days later. I arrived to the interview about 10 minutes early and still ended up waiting about 25 minutes. When I was called back, I had a panel interview where the 2 interviewers read very specific questions straight off a piece of paper and took notes. All questions were "tell me about a time"/STAR method. The questions were difficult and it was nerve wracking watching them take notes while I answered. About an hour long interview. I was told that hiring went in 2 week waves and they didnt know where they were in the hiring process so I would hear back in 2 weeks or less. I really wanted this job so i was very anxious to hear back. I checked my candidate portal and it didnt update after 2 weeks, no call, no email. I figured this was a rejection but i went ahead and emailed HR and the panel interviewers. I never got a reply but my candidate profile finally updated to "no longer under consideration". The entire process took over a month and I felt strung a long. It stinks cause I really wanted to work for Travelers!

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to multitask/take on extra work on short notice   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had to convince someone to see the importance of something   Answer Question
    • explain your relationship with 2 different co workers and how did your relationship with them vary. why   Answer Question
    • how do you manage competing deadlines and time lines?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had to change the way you communicate to help some understand   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you learned a new computer software system and techniques I used to learn it   Answer Question
    • pros and cons of group/individual work   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when accuracy was important   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you asked for help   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to conduct a phone interview. This was a great experience. I kept the recruiter on the phone for 45 minutes gathering additional information. I then moved on to the assessment and interview. It was a full 8 hour day. The test alone takes about 3-4 hours and I was told it has a 50% pass rate. After, I then ate lunch with one manager exchanging questions. Then I formally interviewed with two additional managers. Next, I job shadowed a peer and was aloud to ask questions. Lastly, I finished up discussing the opportunity with the hiring manager. I was given an offer 3 weeks later because I was finishing up school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied received a phone call from a recruiter a week later inviting me to a career fair. Had a appointment setup with the manager answered about 10 questions about my past experiences and STAR question. After the career fair I was invited to a 3 hour long assessment at the corporate office. Hardest assessment of my life 7 timed portions. Writing, grammar , typing letter, math, listing and personality. It was just like the SAT after the assessment is over you were dismissed for lunch and was told if you receive a phone call in next hour you get a interview for another 3 hours. Don't waste your time I drove over 3 hours for SAT like assessment. I would not recommend Travelers to anyone! Look at the other reviews that assessment is so hard!

Interview Questions

• Tell about time whee you had upset client and how you diffused the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Naperville, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview
    31/2 hour test, passed
    1 and 1/2 hour interview with two supervisors, which I thought went great
    Peer job shadow
    45 minute manager interview

I waited a month without hearing back and I followed up with manager who interviewed me, no response, I followed up with HR contact who said they were still interviewing.

Two months later, I get a generic email saying the job was filled.