Travelers Claim Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claim Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Independence, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was unprofessional which surprised me. I applied online and got a voicemail from the recruiter maybe within a week to set up a phone interview. I immediately called back and got a voicemail so I left a message. Didn't hear anything back. I had to keep calling for a week to finally get her to respond. When she finally called she tried to rush me into a phone interview that day which consisted of a dozen questions and I told her no, give me at least a day to prepare. Make sure you know all the insurance terminology or else you won't make it past the phone interview. After I passed that they set up a time for me to come in and do testing which took 2-3 hours. Each test was timed and consisted of insurance scenarios, behavior testing that sort of stuff. Wasn't hard but some were timed to quickly in my opinion. The hard part was the typing test. You cannot backspace or mess up more than a few times. After I took everything I was told I would get a call back on whether or not I passed. If I failed a section I could reapply and just retake that part in 6 months. I never got a call. They were supposed to call regardless of the score. As far as the atmosphere I didn't walk too much around the floor but it was very quiet, sort of empty seemed boring. I heard the money was good but because of my poor experience during the hiring process I didn't bother to follow up after I didn't hear anything. I probably wouldn't bother reapplying either I got a feeling it wasn't worth the money. This was for the Independence, Ohio location..

Interview Questions

• They will name about 12 insurance terms. Try to know the definition of the majority to get past the phone interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple but did take some time. Received initial call and ran through the questions typical interview questions. Requested a follow up phone interview, and then an in person interview. The whole process took about 3 months which was pretty disappointing but did get the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a time when I dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Everyone was extremely nice and professional. They asked very standard questions, primarily related to customer service and how you handled difficult situations. There were several interviews. A panel, a peer-to-peer, and a 1:1. It's like any other process, if they don't like you then you don't continue to the next phases.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer service experience, how did you handle it and what would you have done different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Wyomissing, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard phone screening with an invite for a brief in person interview. If you get past initial interview you must take a 3.5 hour skills test to advance to next step. Final interview literally takes 4 hours as you will meet and interview with all levels of management and hr director.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line. First telephone interview informed me that the position I applied for was being filled internally, but they asked if I would I consider another position if one opened up. I said yes and a couple of weeks later, I got a call and e-mail about another position I should apply for. After I applied for that position on-line, I received a call to come in for testing and interviews. I was told to allow 3 hours for testing, and if I passed that, I would continue to the interview phase. If I passed each subsequent interview, I would continue with the interview process. I apparently passed the testing, which included a typing test, vocabulary, reading comprehension, etc. I was then brought into a small conference room with 2 unit managers. They asked standardized situational questions from a script and carefully wrote down their impressions. I apparently passed that phase and, after a time for lunch, I sat with 2 different adjusters at their desks to learn about what they do. After that I was introduced to the line lead who told me more about the position available and asked what I had learned in each phase of the process. As a former employee of Travelers, I really did not learn much of anything new and therefore my answers were general. He was disappointed that I did not provide more detail about my experience. He then went on to tell me that I would generally meet next with the HR person, but they were out of the office at the time. He then told me that the position would most likely be filled internally since they had several employees in another unit who were available. I was then released and told to expect a call from the HR person. About a week later I received an e-mail that they had filled the position internally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online initially and spoke to a recruiter which was fine although she seemed unsure. I then was scheduled for an in person interview with two supervisors. The interview was fine although they appeared unprepared. My larger issue is the length of time with the process. I was told by the interviewer that she would personally contact me to let me know one way or another in about a week. She indicated she knows how tough it is to look for job and the waiting part can be stressful. Of course she did the opposite and I never heard from them. I imagine their client's probably experience the same run around.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Don't be fooled by people who did not get an offer and left very negative feedback! No, the people in the building are not "ghetto," no, the leadership doesn't pass on people who 'threaten their position.' Very professional, welcoming, and diverse workforce. Travelers does their best to hire the best and brightest (pay is higher than all other ins. companies). They are open to hiring entry level. If you come from a different carrier and have been an adjuster for years, knowing the job isn't the only qualifier!

Very difficult interview process! Phone screen interview, followed by a tough in-house assessment, and then a whole afternoon of various interviews. That being said, making it to the end and surviving the cut leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. General advice: Practice STAR method, be ready to ask A LOT of thoughtful and relevant questions (this is what the company is looking for the most), be able to show how your past job experience has skills that are pertinent to being an adjuster (such as negotiating, multitasking, customer service), and also practice speed testing/typing (if you are not a fast typer). FYI, if you're brand new to insurance, having obtained an adjusters license really helps!

The phone screen was easy, they basically ask about your resume and a few behaviorals. Next is the very tough SAT-like assessment testing your grammar, typing speed, math skills, reasoning, and general insurance knowledge. It has a 70% fail-rate, so the company really wants to take on intelligent and quick-thinking folks. It is designed to not let you finish in time and you must pass each individual section to pass the assessment. IF you pass, the rest of the day is a series of interviews with several managers of different sections, as well as VP level leadership and also with HR leadership. You also have two peer sit-alongs, but don't drop your guard, act as if you're sitting along with leadership, because guess who is going to ask them about you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was WAY over industry average. Again, I want to emphasize that yes, this is one of the toughest interview processes you will go through, but it's for a reason. If you get the opportunity to interview, don't take it for granted. PREPARE

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long and involved. After interviewing there is a testing process with tests not relevant to the job. slow background check process. Drug testing was required. a lot of questions were asked in various ways for the same thing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle/investigate a claim?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

Over the phone was almost like a face to face. Very detailed and long. Then they make you come in for THREE hours to take a test thats archaic and on paper. There are about 5-6 parts of the test that are timed. If you pass all parts then you are granted a face to face interview. They grade the sections as you go and don't tell you that you've failed a section until you take all of the tests. It was a waste of 3 hours of my life. I apparently didn't do well on one of the sections therefore I wasn't good enough to meet the hiring managers. Even though I have over 7 years of experience. I honestly think its a BS system to weed people out, especially ones with special needs. Its a prejudice and discriminatory test.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which lasted a bit under an hour, then moved on to an in person interview which was pretty lengthy, around an hour and a half. Overall great experience everyone was really helpful and nice. I felt comfortable speaking with my interviewers and thought it was a great experience. They asked a lot of challenging but important questions

Interview Questions

• A lot of past experience Q’s; name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer/work issue and how did you solve it   Answer Question
    • how would you add to our team/ what do you bring to the table to make us better?   Answer Question