Travelers Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a call only a couple days after applying. It was a very brief phone interview that essentially screened me for the in-person. Questions like "what drew you to travelers?" and "what do you know about our company?" I was honest that I knew almost nothing about the company, and that didn't seem to phase her. We set up a time for the assessment. I came in to the office to take it one morning that week. It took a couple hours and consisted of fairly simple math questions (adding w/ decimals, multiplication and I think some division), situational questions with diagrams showing the scene of an accident (choose which picture matches the description, know your NorthSouthEastWest) spelling questions (choose the right spelling of this word, multiple choice), a typing test, and a data entry test (essentially typing as well, but more specific). I passed the assessment, I soon found out a few days later, and set up an interview with two managers. This one didn't go as well for me because I wasn't prepared for the "tell us about a time when..." questions. These will almost exclusively be about making mad customers happy and multitasking. They will be so damn vague they'll throw you (e.g. "Tell us about a time when you had to multitask.") After this interview, they informed me that I would soon be interviewing with some executives. They even checked there and then to see if any were available, or so they told me. They returned to the room promptly and told me I was excused for the day. It's been fourteen days. I called them exactly a week later, as requested, and they told me to keep checking the portal on their website. I was hoping at least for the standard rejection email so that I could move on. Perhaps they really do take several weeks to move forward. Perhaps they're unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had an angry customer? How did you handle that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email from an HR Recruiter in 1-2 days to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called on time and was very pleasant…asked standard questions (why are you looking for another job, why Travelers, etc) and went over my resume. After the conversation, I was told that my information would be forwarded to the regional office I applied to and someone there would contact me if there was an interest. The recruiter said to follow-up within a week if I had not heard from anyone. The Corporate HR gets an “A++++.”

In 1-2 days, I received a phone from someone at the regional office to set up an in person interview. I met with two unit managers…nice people. Both went over the training program and the job. We discussed my resume so be prepared to talk about your experience. The interview questions are standard and situation-based (please tell me about a time…, please describe a situation…). While the interview wasn’t bad, the excitement I had for the position was no longer there. I don’t know how to describe it…the vibe didn’t feel right. I didn’t tour the entire building, but the people I saw there didn’t look happy.

I moved up to the final interview process. All the candidates meet individually with small groups of unit managers. We were required to write a small essay about why we wanted the job and why we wanted to work for Traveler’s. The interview questions are situation-based so make sure you have some stories to tell and examples to give. I personally did not like this interview process…it felt like a “cattle call” where applicants are herded into different rooms. Another frustration was being asked the same questions by different unit managers. The managers are allotted a time limit to interview (30 minutes), giving you very little or no time to ask questions. When I left the interview, I didn’t want the job…nothing wrong with the position, but that office had some “bad juju.” Those who have been in the workplace trenches know exactly what I am talking about.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job? How did you hear about the opportunity at Traveler’s? Please walk us through your typical work day? How do you prioritize and stay organized? How do handle someone who is upset? How do you go about delivering bad news? Have you ever made a mistake that had a negative impact? Why do you think your skills will be a good fit for the job? How do you handle stress? Describe a time when you felt like breaking confidentiality?   Answer Question

Claim Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, same week skills test, next week interview with two managers, then the following week interview with hiring manager and HR. Performance reviews from previous jobs is necessary.
    The phone interview is a quick overview of your resume along with details about the position, if you pass you will schedule a 8 section skills test located at the north Carolina branch. Found out the same day I passed! Be prepared at these interviews have your questions and do your research about who is interviewing so you can ask questions related to them.
    I had my performance reviews as well as customer kudos from two jobs in a sleeve. Be sure to ask questions about how a successful candidate looks and compare yourself to that using examples from your previous or current employer.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.   1 Answer
    • What is something you would like to improve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

So I went to a career fair to meet with these people and I made a good impression there and they asked me to fill out their online application. I already had and a day or two later someone from out of state called to set up a phone screen for a week later. The phone screen was an overview of the position and some questions about my resume. I think this was mostly to make sure I knew what I was applying for the position is somewhat rigorous with some non traditional hours and travel. I was well aware and communicated that over the phone. After that I was contacted for a skills test/IQ test at their area office. The test consisted of pattern recognition, geometry, spatial recognition, and interpreting policies. The last bit they had you edit an excel spreadsheet and compose a letter to an angry customer to whom a claim was denied. The test wast timed so there was some pressure there and I didn't get to the last one or two questions on a few of the sections. They give you the formulas for the math in the test, but make sure you know them before going because going back to look up a formula will waste a ton of time. I wasn't sure on a section or two, but apparently I did alright and I was invited back a week later for an interview with two people. It was a behavioral interview that focuses on ethics, difficult situations, and problem solving. I was just out of school and I didn't have too much to go on in terms of actual ethical dilemmas. There was very little flow to the conversation because they read from a packet of HR sanitized questions and wrote down my answers. There was pressure to be short with my answers so I didn't feel like I got a chance to explain very much. The second part of the interview had me talking to one of the reps. He was a six year veteran and he seemed to be someone most people in the office looked to for guidance. He went over the details of his daily routine and talked about the things on his list and he answered my questions told a story or two and showed me out. I waited two weeks to hear back then called to confirm my suspicions and received no response to my message. I took another offer and that was that.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to go outside the rules in order to help someone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Columbus, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

First got a phone interview, after that I was asked to go to Cleveland about 2 weeks later to do some computer testing. 2 days after the computer testing I was interviewed for about 4 hours with 3 different groups of people. There was alot of leadership and personality questions. They asked alot of Claims questions but were more interested in finding out about me as a person instead of what I knew in claims which I thought was nice as they were going to train me anyways. They want to see strong leaders and people who are going to work well in a team enviroment. Be yourself in interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your degree.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were not welcome into a new team, how would you make yourself fit into the team or make the members of the team want you to be a member of the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received was more than I would of even asked for.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in November 2010.

Interview

Was called to come in for an interview and if I was to pass interview I would take a 3-4 hr test right that day. After 1:1 interview, I was told to sign up to take the test in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I came in to take the test and was told that I would be informed about the results in about 2 weeks. After a week I received a phone call informing me that I did not pass the test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question