Travelers Claims Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Interview Questions

Claim Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

As the others here wrote, the interview process is very very long. I received a call on the day I submitted my application online, for a screening call. I passed that and had a follow-up call with the hiring manager. Once I completed that stage, they brought me to meet with the team. After meeting with the team, I had a short phone interview with the hiring manager's supervisor a two later. After a a couple weeks, the Company scheduled me to fly to Hartford for a half day of interview including a lunch meeting. During my trip, I met with 8 employees of varying amount of responsibilities. From start to finish, approximately three months. This was for a mid-manager type role.

Now waiting for THE call. I wanted to write the review before I either receive an offer or get dinged because I don't want that to play a role in my review. From start to finish, my recruiter was superb. She responded to e-mails, encouraged questions, and was very pleasant. This was true of the entire process. The people I met were professional, cordial, and smart. I will say that, because I'm currently employed, it was very very difficult to take time off to pursue this opportunity. That involved 3 PTO days and time for the three calls. But I can't criticize a company for having a thorough vetting process.

Interview Questions

• The earlier stages involved the behavioral "Tell me a time" type questions. I had 8 scenarios prepared to address categories of leadership, communication, customer service etc. Once I developed the behavioral responses, I went down Glassdoor's Interview question section and audible responded to a question posed with one of my scenarios and this made the in-person round comfortable. You'll find that the same types of questions addressing certain areas manifests itself in several forms. So the more of these questions I saw, the more comfortable I became.

The final round of in person interview was more to address cultural fit, and although I prepped for behavioral, did not need to use them.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview, took about 25 min, with the basic interview questions and relatiable job expierence. still waiing to hear about a formal interview with the local office.

Interview Questions

• Mostly basic questions such as what are your strenghs, what skill best describes why you would be a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers in August 2010.

Interview

Very disappointing process. First interview was a phone screening in early August, 2010. Received a call two weeks later for an in-person interview. Interviewed with two managers on Sept 1 and I feel it went extremely well. Was told at that time a decision would be made and I'd hear either way in 2-3 weeks. The very next day, they called me to schedule a 2nd interview. As you can imagine I was very hopeful at that point because of the quick call back! Had 2nd interview on Sept 7 and that also went very well. It was with a panel of 3 people at the same time. I was also told at that point it would be another 2-3 weeks before a decision was made. I followed up via phone call 5 weeks after the first interview and left a message for an HR person. To this day, I have received NO reply whatsoever. It has now been over 6 weeks and I have not received a response either way. They are continually posting the position as a new opening on various employment forums. I can only assume I need to move on and forget about Travelers. It's unfortunate that such a large company with a good reputation wouldn't have enough common courtesy to return a phone call or at least tell a strong candidate they weren't chosen so they could move on!

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you faced a challenge, what was it and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in July 2010.

Interview

I have my final interview tomorrow and so far so good. The first interview is a phone interview which last about a half hour. The second step is to take a 7 part test, which is kind of difficult. Now I am going for my final interview and will update after I'm done.

Interview Questions

• I haven't received the interview yet, i will be updating shortly.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2009.

Interview

Telephone Interview consisted of general background questions & a verbal quiz of sorts involving various insurance terms. Then had to go in to take a 3 hour assessment exam. Interview was scheduled to be with 1-2 people but ended up with a panel of about 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had an employee absolutely refuse to perform an assigned task.   1 Answer