Travelers Claims Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Operations Specialist Interview Questions

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Hiring process was straight-forward that consisted of a phone screen, and then a day of interviews in person at the office; first with a manager and then with a director.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicts?
    How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted or week or so later. I did a phone interview (45 mins). The recruiter literally combed through every little thing on my resume including internships. She asked a few behavioral questions and I guess I passed because I was invited to the open house in Charlotte. When I arrived to my in-person interview, I noticed about 2 others waiting to be interviewed. Once I got upstairs to the conference room, it was obvious they were not prepared. After waiting a few minutes for them to get everything situated, the interview began. There were two interviewers who bombarded me with questions and wrote down everything I said. Two pages worth (front and back). They combed through EVERYTHING on my resume. They made sure to point out they participated in African American charity when I asked what local charities they supported. I asked for business cards and neither of them claimed to have any. They claimed they liked me so much, they wanted to schedule the 3rd interview that same afternoon (2 hours later). They took me downstairs (2-3 different people waiting on interviews, so that's 6 people I've seen) to a little office and told me to wait. While waiting, the receptionist came in and told me I was the top candidate and they really liked me and to grab lunch. While grabbing lunch, I got a call telling me I could grab food from one of the interviewers...I guess they thought they'd left me in the office for an hour. About 30 minutes before the interview, I got a call from one of the interviewers saying there was a 'scheduling conflict' and they would reach back out to me by the end of the day to reschedule the 3rd interview. At this point, I'm irritated since I'd traveled from another state to be there and had spent my day waiting around. Of course there's no call, so I call them and I'm told they would reach out to me by the end of the week. No call. I call on Monday, and I'm told the managers weren't in the office and someone would reach back out to me. I made one more attempt another week later and was told the same thing. So at this point, they're lying or these people never actually work. All in all the interview process is really ridiculous for the position. There's more I could say, but I'll leave it alone. It was just disappointing. I know someone who works there and they're really short staffed so I'm not sure what's going on (outside of favors and nepotism). It's almost 3 months later, and I haven't heard a word.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2 months. I applied in March. It took me two weeks after I applied to be contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 40-45 minutes. At the end, recruiter asked me to come in for an interview on April 6th. I was interviewed by 2 people. They asked me to discuss my work experience then they asked me a series of behavioral questions and wanted me to list specific examples. Overall, the questions were not difficult and I felt comfortable throughout the interview. My only problem with the Interview Process is the lack of follow-up, I had to contact the recruiter 3 weeks after my interview to find out my standing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview: 30 minutes
    It's easy. No hard questions. At first, the recruiter will ask the work authority, the time that you can start to work, and the expected salary. After these, some behavoral questions will be asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

I'm in the beginning of the process, I had the phone interview first and I have my face to face coming up this week. The phone was average, I was asked about 5 or 6 behavioral questions and also asked to go into detail about my resume and my qualifications.

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2015.

Interview

-First step was filling out the application online. It was a simple create a login and upload a cover sheet and resume.

-Second step you will receive an email scheduling a phone interview with a HR Rep. ( I actually received this email the next day after submitting my application). The interview is projected to be an hr. which mines lasted 35min. The interview will be general questions about your resume. The HR Rep will also ask situational and behavioral questions but it wont be no more than 5 or 6.

-Third step if the HR Rep is impressed with the interview he/she will schedule a face to face interview with two supervisors. The HR Rep will send an assessment which is basically you inputting your work history for the last 7yrs and also explaining why you want to leave current jobs and why you left other job positions.

-The face to face interview was a process. They started off with having me explain my resume in depth and always asked the question 'What made you leave this company?" After that, I was asked about 12-15 behavioral and situational questions. The questions were average but required extensive answers. They wanted specific answers too. Once they are finished with those questions they ask, How did you hear about this position? what made you apply to this position? How did you prepare for this interview? Then afterwards they will give you the chance to ask any questions you may have. The interview went a little over an hour and there was no dull moment. While you answer each question they will be jotting down some notes.

-I was told after the interview I would receive a call back in the next week or so on scheduling another interview with I believe the operations director only if they were interested. Two days after the interview I received an email saying the position was filled and no longer open. Yes, I was pretty peeved about that, 3 days of preparation for nothing but at least I wasn't waiting for weeks.

Overall it was a very intense interview process and requires much preparations. The company itself seems like a nice company to work for. They have a very friendly workplace and the two guys who interviewed me were nice. The main advice I would give, is search as many behavioral and situational questions and have scenarios that fit. Everyone has answers to these questions but its all about how you answer them. I answered every question but I had no idea there would be as many questions as they asked. I think I answered 20-25 questions (no exaggeration) I was hoping it would be more of a conversation so they can get a feel of my personality but it was straight to the point. But like I said before, the work environment seemed very nice I really wish I would of been selected for this position.

Good Luck on those who are selected for an interview, I gave as much detail as I could.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to be persuasive?
      Tell us about a time where you had to be creative with completing a task?
      Explain how you would deal with an upset customer?
      What steps did you take when having an extremely long work day?
      How do you deal with work-overloads?   2 Answers

Claims Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call with a recruiter within two weeks. The phone interview went great and was told I would receive a call from the hiring managers within two weeks. I got a call three days later. Two days later, I received an email saying the position has already been filled and is no longer available.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you made and how you rectified it? Tell us about yourself? How do you usually make a decision and give an example?   Answer Question

Claims Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process can take some time, as Travelers believe in only hiring top talent. There are multiple interviews. Be prepared to be able to give specific examples of how you performed in prior roles. Make sure that you always have questions at the end of the interview. Be yourself and RELAX.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. I had the phone interview and was told by the recruiter she was just beginning the process and would not be sure when they could get back to me.

1.5 weeks later I was called again by the recruiter and was told that they wanted to consider me for a higher up position and told me to apply for the Claims Operation Specialist position and someone would call me to schedule an in person interview.

Within a few hours I was called and scheduled for April 27th @ 2:00p.m. I had interviewed with the Operations Manager, HR Director, and the Department Manager at once. I had read they usually call you for separate interviews with these people if they want you to advance further. I was asked all situational questions and about my proficiency with Microsoft.

May 4th, I was called by my recruiter and offered the position contingent with a background and drug test. The pay for the position is a lot more then what I was initially expecting. Travelers' is very generous with their pay, benefits, and PTO.

May 5th, I submitted all my paperwork for the background check and went on my drug screen. The background check is extremely lengthy and detailed. It took about a week and 2 days for mine to come back clear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Melville, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Positive but they are terrible with feedback. I applied in February but they filled the position. A recruiter called me and we scheduled a phone interview which was easy. I was sent an online application to fill out before the first interview. First interview was two unit managers who were very friendly. Mostly situation questions. Second interview was with the director of operations and claims vp which was positive although they were slightly standoffish. I talked with them and felt very comfortable. Sent my thank you notes the next day and I haven't heard anything. I sent a follow-up emails to both managers as well about 2 weeks later yet still nothing so I'm not sure. The experience was positive but they need to have communication with applicants. A simple email or call would have sufficed yet today most companies have little to no etiquette with feedback. Advice is to be yourself and prepare beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor?   Answer Question