Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

3.2

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Extremely long for no reason whatsoever. Don't even waste your time going through the steps and waiting the enormous amount of time for them to even contact you. They treat you in a condescending manner when the only thing they achieved in life is working in insurance. The 2 months it will take from start to finish, you can find 10 better jobs.

Interview Questions

• Irrelevant situational questions that don't even relate to the job duties. Claims is a person-to-person job, atleast get to know the personality of the person and not crap like "what do you hate the most about your current job"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Completed phone interview, went in couple days later took assessment test. Was told someone would contact me. Test consist of scene investigation, data entry did 7000 strokes, mathematical problems. All test were timed. If you don't finish all the questions you are deducted points I believe. Gentleman at company very approachable while asking questions. In room with 2 other people testing also.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience level   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in May 2016.

Interview

Is this company serious? I rated the interview difficulty as very difficult but the interviews were not difficult, the entire process was a disrespectful waste of time and very difficult as a result.

Started with a telephone interview, apx 30 minutes. Half way through the call the woman says i think you would be better suited for "this position" and said apply for it after this call but we will finish this interview as if you were applying for the other position. Ok, finished the call, applied for the other position. Received an email requesting another telephone interview. Set it up for 10am and waited until 4 for her to call before i sent her an email. She calls 2 days later saying she never received any of my emails (confirming the original appt and asking why there was no call) and the purpose of her call was to see if i was still interested. I say yes, she say ok, we will set up a phone interview for this time and date (really?). That time and date comes ... no call. This time i call her and she says OMG i got called into a meeting. Ill call you right back (which means she needs to record the fact that she called me. She called me back, literally 30 seconds later. Asks the exact same questions as the first interviewer.

So i move on to the next phase which is their testing. 3.5-4 hrs of crap. Apparently a bachelors degree is not enough for the almighty Travelers. The tests are not hard. There are some tests where the time allotment is stupid (30 min for 30 questions that involve a large paragraphs to read for each question). I passed. Time for face to face interview.

One of the 2 people did not show up for the interview so they pulled some random person from another department. The interview started almost 30 min late but It went well. Typical STARs questions. It was like interviewing with a telemarketer, they were on a script and did not deviate. Oh by the way ... there is ANOTHER interview with the bigger bosses. OK - i come back for my second face to face interview (4th total + testing crap). The interview was scheduled a 10 business days in advance but neither could attend. This interview was also 30 minutes late to start. I ended up interviewing with 2 random people ... no idea who they were, they never introduced themselves... they just rushed me because i was an inconvenience, They never introduced themselves ... one person was on conference from another office. After that interview i ran into the supervisor for the department i was applying for ... On the elevator ride down, he basically told me they were going with an internal candidate.

I wasted so much time, money and patience with this company. This whole process took over a month...

They are elitist, disrespectful and bland. At NO point did they even try to get to know ME, the person. This company is disgusting. Not only will i never apply for another job with them, i will never do business with them as a consumer.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Process is quite long as described by others.
    1- Apply online
    2- contacted by recruiter for a phone interview- pretty easy.
    3- take the tests in person- i was called the next day with the results
    4- interview in person with 2 managers, a peer, and then the director (was there about 3.5hrs)
    5- Phone interview with director of HR- its a real interview not just a conversation.
    6- received offer contingent on passing drug and background.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. Everyone was extremely friendly. You definitely need to brainstorm answers before you go in and have some situational answers prepared from past experiences.
      - when did you make a mistake at work; what happened, and what did you do after the fact to help the situation.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was more than I had indicated as my salary requirements, so did not negotiate.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Lengthy, but worthwhile. Every employee I encountered during the hiring process was very knowledgeable, candid, and bright. The steps I had to take in total were (1) online application, (2) phone screening, (3) series of 8 skills tests, (4) face to face with 2 unit managers, (5) shadowing current employee - this is also an interview, (6) face to face with 2 higher up managers, (7) face to face with VP, (8) drug screening, (9) background/credit check. They put a lot of effort into bringing on talented people so I suggest really doing your homework on what the company does and the S.T.A.R. method for interviewing. They are looking for specifics as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a time for a phone interview. The phone interviewer blew off the time given to me and asked me hours later if I could reschedule to the next day. I did. I once again thought I was going to be blown off as she called hours later again with an invalid excuse for not calling 5 hours earlier as her email said she would. She read me my resume and said "I don't care" a lot when she asked me what my previous jobs entailed. I wouldn't want to work for a company that treats candidates like this.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have with the same title   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview. After that they call you to schedule a time to go in and take a 3.5hr test.
    I didn't pass the stupid test so I didn't move on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Why do you want to work for travelers insurance?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What's the most important decision you had to take in the past 2 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Morristown, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Extensive interview process. Was first contacted via email by a recruiter. Afterwards, set up a phone interview. Successfully passed phone interview and was told I was to come in for 3.5 hour assessment. Assessment was quick, although I did not answer 1 or 2 questions. At the end was asked to write a letter to a disgruntled claimant. I was told I would be contacted with the results of the assessment regardless in two days. When I was not informed, I gave them a call and was told I passed with flying colors. Moved on to In person interview. Met with would-be supervisor and a unit manager. Very relaxed and casual interview process. Both were very friendly. The would be supervisor told me she really liked me and gave me a tip for the next interview with her supervisor. Next, a current employee was brought into the room and I was told to ask as many questions as I wanted. I asked many questions and was eventually walked in on by the next round of interviewers (line manager and manager of operations) These interviewers were slightly more stern than the first, but still acted engaging towards me. Was told the interview process is lengthy and I would be contacted in 2-3 weeks. When I wasn't contacted after 2 and a half, I gave them a call to check up on my status. It was at this point I was told I would not be moving forward. Would rate process as positive, however It makes one wonder if they would have called if they had the information already.

Interview Questions

• What questions did you ask the claims rep employee?
      What are you goals?
      Explain a time you dealt with a difficult customer
      If you could re-do anything in your life, what would it be?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Had me perform a test with about 10 other people, and let us know one by one if we passed or not. Then had to come back for a second interview which consisted of nothing but STAR questions and didn't get to know me and what I could do for the company at all. This I guess is typical of massive companies who have completely lost touch with their employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you missed a deadline and what came of it?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted via phone and email within a week of submitting resume. Set up the initial interview about a week later. Met with three people, all were warm and very friendly. Standard interview questions (situational/behavioral stuff). Interview ended with me asking them questions. No offer, unfortunately, but overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle it? Did it cause friction afterward?   Answer Question