Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Had me perform a test with about 10 other people, and let us know one by one if we passed or not. Then had to come back for a second interview which consisted of nothing but STAR questions and didn't get to know me and what I could do for the company at all. This I guess is typical of massive companies who have completely lost touch with their employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you missed a deadline and what came of it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a time for a phone interview. The phone interviewer blew off the time given to me and asked me hours later if I could reschedule to the next day. I did. I once again thought I was going to be blown off as she called hours later again with an invalid excuse for not calling 5 hours earlier as her email said she would. She read me my resume and said "I don't care" a lot when she asked me what my previous jobs entailed. I wouldn't want to work for a company that treats candidates like this.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have with the same title   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in December 2012.

Interview

The interview was an all day event. The day started with a test that takes about 2 hrs. Then I had an interview with my unit manager. I then had an interview with the line manager and then finally a peer interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Process is quite long as described by others.
    1- Apply online
    2- contacted by recruiter for a phone interview- pretty easy.
    3- take the tests in person- i was called the next day with the results
    4- interview in person with 2 managers, a peer, and then the director (was there about 3.5hrs)
    5- Phone interview with director of HR- its a real interview not just a conversation.
    6- received offer contingent on passing drug and background.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. Everyone was extremely friendly. You definitely need to brainstorm answers before you go in and have some situational answers prepared from past experiences.
      - when did you make a mistake at work; what happened, and what did you do after the fact to help the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was more than I had indicated as my salary requirements, so did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Completed phone interview, went in couple days later took assessment test. Was told someone would contact me. Test consist of scene investigation, data entry did 7000 strokes, mathematical problems. All test were timed. If you don't finish all the questions you are deducted points I believe. Gentleman at company very approachable while asking questions. In room with 2 other people testing also.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience level   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in May 2016.

Interview

Is this company serious? I rated the interview difficulty as very difficult but the interviews were not difficult, the entire process was a disrespectful waste of time and very difficult as a result.

Started with a telephone interview, apx 30 minutes. Half way through the call the woman says i think you would be better suited for "this position" and said apply for it after this call but we will finish this interview as if you were applying for the other position. Ok, finished the call, applied for the other position. Received an email requesting another telephone interview. Set it up for 10am and waited until 4 for her to call before i sent her an email. She calls 2 days later saying she never received any of my emails (confirming the original appt and asking why there was no call) and the purpose of her call was to see if i was still interested. I say yes, she say ok, we will set up a phone interview for this time and date (really?). That time and date comes ... no call. This time i call her and she says OMG i got called into a meeting. Ill call you right back (which means she needs to record the fact that she called me. She called me back, literally 30 seconds later. Asks the exact same questions as the first interviewer.

So i move on to the next phase which is their testing. 3.5-4 hrs of crap. Apparently a bachelors degree is not enough for the almighty Travelers. The tests are not hard. There are some tests where the time allotment is stupid (30 min for 30 questions that involve a large paragraphs to read for each question). I passed. Time for face to face interview.

One of the 2 people did not show up for the interview so they pulled some random person from another department. The interview started almost 30 min late but It went well. Typical STARs questions. It was like interviewing with a telemarketer, they were on a script and did not deviate. Oh by the way ... there is ANOTHER interview with the bigger bosses. OK - i come back for my second face to face interview (4th total + testing crap). The interview was scheduled a 10 business days in advance but neither could attend. This interview was also 30 minutes late to start. I ended up interviewing with 2 random people ... no idea who they were, they never introduced themselves... they just rushed me because i was an inconvenience, They never introduced themselves ... one person was on conference from another office. After that interview i ran into the supervisor for the department i was applying for ... On the elevator ride down, he basically told me they were going with an internal candidate.

I wasted so much time, money and patience with this company. This whole process took over a month...

They are elitist, disrespectful and bland. At NO point did they even try to get to know ME, the person. This company is disgusting. Not only will i never apply for another job with them, i will never do business with them as a consumer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The initial phone interview takes at least 30 minutes. They ask very detailed questions and want to know what definitions of insurance terms you know. Then you spend 4 hours taking several tests.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are situational. It just depends on your experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online & contacted by a recruiter from the home office about a week later. Standard phone interview with general questions about work history & she gave a quick preview of the position & the next steps. Invited me to a job fair in town the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big setback in your life & how you responded and overcame the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

There will be a phone interview, that will go through a series of behavioral questions. Will only last about 30 minutes. Really helps to know someone that works for the company to use as a reference. There may be a test depending on the department. Test will be given for any property, or auto position. Workers Compensation does not warrant a test. If you pass your test you will be interviewed by a panel of Unit Managers. Typically 2 or 3 with 1 being the manager that you will be under. The interview format is all behavioral questions. If you do well in the interview you will meet with the business Line lead and sit with an employee that currently does the job you are applying for. Be sure to ask them questions and appear interested because they are apart of the process and submit their feedback. You will receive an offer via telephone and it will be contingent on passing a drug screen and background check which includes , credit, criminal and driving record. If you successfully pass the background check you will be contacted and offered the position.

Process takes 1-2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult or demanding customer?
      What is your biggest Strength?
      What is your biggest Weakness?
      How do you handle Stress and Pressure?
      Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
      Give me an example of a time you had to deal with change.
      Tell me about a time when you had to analyze facts quickly, define key issues, and respond immediately or develop a plan that produced good results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable but the salary will be higher then any other company.