Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.2

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Extremely long for no reason whatsoever. Don't even waste your time going through the steps and waiting the enormous amount of time for them to even contact you. They treat you in a condescending manner when the only thing they achieved in life is working in insurance. The 2 months it will take from start to finish, you can find 10 better jobs.

Interview Questions

• Irrelevant situational questions that don't even relate to the job duties. Claims is a person-to-person job, atleast get to know the personality of the person and not crap like "what do you hate the most about your current job"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Completed phone interview, went in couple days later took assessment test. Was told someone would contact me. Test consist of scene investigation, data entry did 7000 strokes, mathematical problems. All test were timed. If you don't finish all the questions you are deducted points I believe. Gentleman at company very approachable while asking questions. In room with 2 other people testing also.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience level   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Process is quite long as described by others.
    1- Apply online
    2- contacted by recruiter for a phone interview- pretty easy.
    3- take the tests in person- i was called the next day with the results
    4- interview in person with 2 managers, a peer, and then the director (was there about 3.5hrs)
    5- Phone interview with director of HR- its a real interview not just a conversation.
    6- received offer contingent on passing drug and background.

Interview Questions

• Typical STAR questions. Everyone was extremely friendly. You definitely need to brainstorm answers before you go in and have some situational answers prepared from past experiences.
      - when did you make a mistake at work; what happened, and what did you do after the fact to help the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was more than I had indicated as my salary requirements, so did not negotiate.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in December 2012.

Interview

The interview was an all day event. The day started with a test that takes about 2 hrs. Then I had an interview with my unit manager. I then had an interview with the line manager and then finally a peer interview.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in May 2016.

Interview

Is this company serious? I rated the interview difficulty as very difficult but the interviews were not difficult, the entire process was a disrespectful waste of time and very difficult as a result.

Started with a telephone interview, apx 30 minutes. Half way through the call the woman says i think you would be better suited for "this position" and said apply for it after this call but we will finish this interview as if you were applying for the other position. Ok, finished the call, applied for the other position. Received an email requesting another telephone interview. Set it up for 10am and waited until 4 for her to call before i sent her an email. She calls 2 days later saying she never received any of my emails (confirming the original appt and asking why there was no call) and the purpose of her call was to see if i was still interested. I say yes, she say ok, we will set up a phone interview for this time and date (really?). That time and date comes ... no call. This time i call her and she says OMG i got called into a meeting. Ill call you right back (which means she needs to record the fact that she called me. She called me back, literally 30 seconds later. Asks the exact same questions as the first interviewer.

So i move on to the next phase which is their testing. 3.5-4 hrs of crap. Apparently a bachelors degree is not enough for the almighty Travelers. The tests are not hard. There are some tests where the time allotment is stupid (30 min for 30 questions that involve a large paragraphs to read for each question). I passed. Time for face to face interview.

One of the 2 people did not show up for the interview so they pulled some random person from another department. The interview started almost 30 min late but It went well. Typical STARs questions. It was like interviewing with a telemarketer, they were on a script and did not deviate. Oh by the way ... there is ANOTHER interview with the bigger bosses. OK - i come back for my second face to face interview (4th total + testing crap). The interview was scheduled a 10 business days in advance but neither could attend. This interview was also 30 minutes late to start. I ended up interviewing with 2 random people ... no idea who they were, they never introduced themselves... they just rushed me because i was an inconvenience, They never introduced themselves ... one person was on conference from another office. After that interview i ran into the supervisor for the department i was applying for ... On the elevator ride down, he basically told me they were going with an internal candidate.

I wasted so much time, money and patience with this company. This whole process took over a month...

They are elitist, disrespectful and bland. At NO point did they even try to get to know ME, the person. This company is disgusting. Not only will i never apply for another job with them, i will never do business with them as a consumer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Testing was very basic knowledge of spelling, grammar, accident diagrams, listening, etc. Interview was what you would expect mostly situational questions. The testing and interviewing took several hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very intense, dramatic, and unfair. You have to take an online assessment, have two phone interviews, and in person interview with a panel of 2 or more people. From there. you're offered the position, asked to take the drug test and go through background check clearing. The phone interview and in person interview was the easy part of obtaining an offer from Travelers.

The background check process is unfair and makes no sense which concluded in me declining the offer/Travelers rescinding their offer. After about 5 weeks, Travelers back office HR team found one small flaw on my resume and ran with it. Even though it was a simple mistake, and I had the records and documention to further explain and back up my work history, they weren't interested because the background check had already been submitted. Never have I ever felt like my work history AND character had been questioned until working with Travelers. The entire ordeal was very insulting and unprofessional. Good thing I hadn't given my current job a two weeks notice.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like how you rate yourself as a team member, what do you do or what skills do you possess that set you apart, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2019.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter. I applied online and then completed an assessment. That was then followed by a phone screen the following week. The recruiter who did the phone screen was rushed and spoke very very quickly. He told me that he didn’t recruit for the claim representative position but was just helping out. He told me that he read the write up on the role quick to get an idea. He couldn’t answer any of my questions as they pertained to the role specifically.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in the middle of something and got interrupted?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your day and stay organized in fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Naperville, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Over the phone first, about 20 minutes. Then in person, two part, first half was technical and qualification type expenses, second part was getting to know me personally. Was a good process, interview was enjoyable and beneficial to me to learn about Travelers