Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Overland Park, KS) in June 2010.

Interview

There will be a phone interview, that will go through a series of behavioral questions. Will only last about 30 minutes. Really helps to know someone that works for the company to use as a reference. There may be a test depending on the department. Test will be given for any property, or auto position. Workers Compensation does not warrant a test. If you pass your test you will be interviewed by a panel of Unit Managers. Typically 2 or 3 with 1 being the manager that you will be under. The interview format is all behavioral questions. If you do well in the interview you will meet with the business Line lead and sit with an employee that currently does the job you are applying for. Be sure to ask them questions and appear interested because they are apart of the process and submit their feedback. You will receive an offer via telephone and it will be contingent on passing a drug screen and background check which includes , credit, criminal and driving record. If you successfully pass the background check you will be contacted and offered the position.

Process takes 1-2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself
    Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult or demanding customer?
    What is your biggest Strength?
    What is your biggest Weakness?
    How do you handle Stress and Pressure?
    Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
    Give me an example of a time you had to deal with change.
    Tell me about a time when you had to analyze facts quickly, define key issues, and respond immediately or develop a plan that produced good results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable but the salary will be higher then any other company.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Nashville, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

Detailed background review and testing for the position is thorough

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was greater than requested..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Albany, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Overall a stremlined process. After a phone intervierw, skill/assesment test, and several 1:1 interviews, along with one panel. I have yet to have been offered a job, but fingers crossed!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Reading, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, then a skills test, then a group panel interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The initial phone interview takes at least 30 minutes. They ask very detailed questions and want to know what definitions of insurance terms you know. Then you spend 4 hours taking several tests.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are situational. It just depends on your experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

In submitted my application on line and was contacted about a week later by an HR representative. Scheduled a phone screen for later in the week after which the rep stat ed someone would contact me in the next two weeks. Recieved a call the following Monday to set up a time to come I and take the 8 part assessment. After the asessment I was informed that I would be contacted in the following two weeks with the results and I would be moving to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What a free your salary expectations?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a pretty quick call from an out of state screener. Was asked to define several insurance terms. Was asked what salary I was looking for. Screener said I would move to the assessment round. Recd email from admin asst with date and time. Assessment is 3-4 hours long with 7-8 sections and it is timed. After I finished the assessment I was told I'd hear in 2 days if I was moving to the next round. When 2 days came and went I followed up via email. I was told I had passed the assessment and would be moving to 1st interview round. Sat with 2 supervisors (both very nice and put me at ease). Then sat with a worker who described a typical day. Then interviewed with 2 managers. All told, the process that day took approx 2 hrs. I was told I'd be moving to the next round of interviews and that it was a "long process". After no word after one week, I emailed but got no response. After 2nd week I emailed again but still got no response. After 3 weeks got a "sorry but we're not offering you employment" letter. I was very disappointed. I had thought highly of the people I met. However, how they handled things at the end was not professional. Also, the whole testing process and having to interview with so many people is overkill.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? Describe a time dealing with a difficult customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Testing was very basic knowledge of spelling, grammar, accident diagrams, listening, etc. Interview was what you would expect mostly situational questions. The testing and interviewing took several hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question