Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Travelers

3.2

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Denver, CO) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. Questions were quite standard. It was followed by a very casual interview with the person who would become my manager. Again, questions were quite standard and revolved around goals, personality traits, ways of handling situations, strengths, weaknesses, etc. This was a nice interview, very friendly and I left feeling like a friend of the manager. A few weeks later, I did a small group interview with the manager, and a few district representatives. Alot of the same questions were asked but they gave many situations that were more difficult to assess and answer. I left feeling like I totally bombed this part of the interview, but received a call with the job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you feel you failed in your career.   Answer Question
  • What are three adjectives you would give to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate and they offered me the salary I requested.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied the position online. get a email asked for an pre-screening. the next week HR called me. the call was about 15 minutes. the HR person was very polite and nice. most of the time was went through the resume. then asked some straight forward questions. now one week passed, with a follow up emai, i m still waiting the reply.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in July 2010.

Interview

First of all, this was a very long and drawn out process. It took about a month, give or take a few days. Here is the order of everything: phone interview, 3hr. assesment test (basically the SAT), interview with two coworkers, interview with low level & mid level managers, interview with different mid level and high level manager. Basicaly every interview was the same, consisting of the managers reading from a booklet the same "tell me about a time when" questions. It was all very sterile, impersonal, and ultimately a waste of time. There is no reason to have 4 identical interviews and a 3 hr. assesment to figure out you "decided to go another direction".

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized and on task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you want above and beyond your duties for a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2010.

Interview

The process was very smooth and easy. I think Travlers is an excellent company and knows how to screen potential applicants. Just be yourself during the process and you'll be fine.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, then interviewed by managers, background check and drug test.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers in August 2011.

Interview

First step was phone interview. Second step was a skills test. Third step was inteview with two supervisors. Fourth step was interview with Director. It took two months from the initial phone interview to the offer.

Interview Questions

• How agressive do you feel you can be when you disagree with a policy your supervisors have set forth?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you drank too much on a work night and had to go into work the next day. Did you go in? Did you cal in sick? If you called in sick, were you honest with your employer? If you did go into work, did your work suffer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations- thier offer is cut and dried. It is a very long and drawn out process.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2011.

Interview

They first called me and set up a panel interview. During the interview they also gave me a typing test. After that it was the proficiency test, took 3 hours. After that i got a call back for the final interview. After that I am still waiting for a call back, assumed it would take a couple weeks because of the extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when you disagreed with protocol, what did you do, and how did you emotionally feel about it?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in May 2010.

Interview

N/A

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in December 2011.

Interview

It all started with an online application. A week or two later I heard back from them asking if I would like to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview you then have to schedule to take a 3 to 4 hour IQ test which basically goes over your writing, analytical, math, and comprehension skills. If you pass the test you then meet with a panel of managers and peers. If that goes well they'll call you back in to meet with some higher level managers as a final evaluation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty non-existent. Which was fine by me since the amount they offered was a lot more than I expected.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in April 2010.

Interview

Got a phone interview and then they never called me back. That was kind of rude I would say since I was actually picked to be interviewed in the first place. I hate the online application process, it takes away the person-to-person experience. I would rather be able to speak to a person than some online submission.