Travelers Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Representative Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

If I had to describe the process in one word it would be: thorough. My journey began with a phone interview, followed by the assessment & then an interview with 2 unit managers followed by a final interview with HR & a person who was either a VP or branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Many "provide a scenario when..." Or "how do you react when" ex: how do you react when someone interrupts you? Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Independence, OH).

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone and they asked me about my background and my resume. I was then called in for a interview with two people and it lasted about an hour. Several situational questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Buffalo, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First, a group of candidates are gethered to take on-line test. Not difficult, mainly for claims-related reading comprehension questions in multi-choice form. The test took around 4 hours. A week later, I had a behavior interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe the experience when you have deal with a rude customer.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Reading, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, Aptitude Test, then a couple panel interviews and one interview with someone from local upper management

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to negotiate with someone, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy but well worth it!!! I interviewed on Thursday Aug 4, 2016 with 2 supervisors, 1 peer, 2 managers, the VP and last with HR. It went pretty well, the environment is welcoming and friendly. I received my offer Monday Aug, 2016 and accepted with NO hesitation!!! The pay is GREAT for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were situational and behavioral for instance, "Tell me a time when..." "How would you function if..."   Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2016.

Interview

First contact was a 30min phone interview that basically went over my resume. She gave a brief description of the job & that the next part of the hiring process is to take a 3 1/2 hr test. Test has 8 sections. Writing a letter, math, typing, grammar, mapping, Auto listening, personality, & insurance. The only portion of the test that's on the computer is the typing test & the letter you write. You are given a basic calculator for the math which is not hard at all. All sections are timed 30mins or less. Don't worry about clicking the practice test link in the email they send you because their test is nothing like it. Definitely make sure you try to answer as many questions as possible because anything left unanswered is counted against you. Their are a lot of sections where you're reading a paragraph. It's best to not reread it too many times because you will risk the chance of not being able to answer all the questions. I hope this helps.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 hour aptitude test, interview and job shadowing, 2nd interview. The test was pretty easy, the tying test was some sort of excel spreadsheet where I had to enter names and addresses. Then the interview was with 2 people who ask a lot of situational questions. I am going to have my second interview soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time a customer gave you the runaround.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Morristown, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Long, long, long. Started the process July 29th, had one phone interview and two face to face interviews. The last interview was August 31st. While in the waiting room for the last interview, I saw one of the guys that interviewed me a week earlier. I said hello, and he barely acknowledged me. Not too many smiling faces in this place. Received an offer October 8th. I accepted the offer then was asked to do a background check. The background check asked me for the hourly salary at my last two part time jobs where I was still employed. I averaged out the number and when the background investigation found out they weren't exact, Travelers rescinded my offer. Just really unbelievable the amount of hoops they make you jump through, they taught me a tough lesson I suppose.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

After I applied online, I received an email about a week later from one of the recruiters asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted a little more than an hour. The recruiter was very pleasant and asked questions about my resume and what I liked and did not like from each one of my jobs. It was a little difficult but the recruiter made me feel at ease. After that I received a phone call that I passed the phone interview and I needed to come in to take a 3-hour assessment which tested my math, excel, comprehension, writing, excel, reading skills. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. A couple of days later, I received a phone call to schedule a in-person interview that lasted about 3 hours. It was with a supervisor, a claims representative who you shadowed for about 30 minutes and able to ask all the questions you would like, and then the department manager. I felt very comfortable talking to the supervisor and claims representative. The questions were very behavioral based and I had to give a lot of examples. The interview with the department manager was more intimidating and I had to answer questions about why I wanted to work for Travelers and what kind of employee I would be. I was told at the interview that I would hear back from them in two weeks whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one unique trait that you would bring to the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Wyomissing, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Long, tedious unnecessary interview process. Applied December 12 and received a call about a week and a half later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of going over general duties of the job and then asking basic questions.

Passed that and had to come in to take a 3.5 hr assessment in their office, which consisted of data entry (how accurate you type information into the computer), listening to customers on the phone and reciting what information was exchanged, easy sections for math, reading, literacy, and reading a map. Test itself was easy, however, you were given very little time. None of us managed to finish the auto property/comprehension section on time.

Anyway, passed that and received a call within the same day to schedule an in person interview next week. Sat down and interviewed with two department managers and first thing we did was go through my resume. Asked me what I liked and disliked about each job I had. I was then basically asked a question or two from each page from a packet. Interviewer said she wanted me to recite specific experiences for each question. It was very repetitive. Total of maybe 20-25 questions. Lasted about 40 mins. Received a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job.