Travelers Interview Questions in Connecticut | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I had 3 interviews, one phone, 2 in person. The inpersons were both done the same day. The process was about a month start to finish, but I have no complaints. My interviewers were warm and friendly. Be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format. They do require drug testing once the position is offered and acceptes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were asked to do something that made you uncomfortable, and did you do it?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied received email from a recruiter the next day for a phone interview. Next was a 3 hour assessment, once that was passed was scheduled for an in person interview which consisted of 10-12 S.T.A.R format questions

Senior Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the hiring manager and another technical resource. They were very polite and very professional. Also, the initial HR recruiter who I had interviewed with earlier from Travelers was extremely polite and professional. I came away from the entire interview process very impressed with the company (would have liked to work for them).

Interview Questions

• Besides a variety of questions regarding my technical background and skills level, they asked the "gap" question - "So what have you been doing since being laid off from ... ?"   1 Answer
    • Another non-technical question the interviewers asked was "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The application process was smooth, I applied and spoke to my now supervisor directly. We discussed areas of big data that I was interested in and how my skillset lined up with the applications I would be handling over the summer.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I initially spoke with someone from HR. We did a quick phone interview with basic questions about why I wanted to work for Travelers during the summer. As a law student, my interview consisted of meeting with 5 different attorneys and another HR rep. Each interview was pretty similar. They asked about my background, my goals, and why I wanted this position. I received an offer within a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with two people,one from the auditing department and one from the tax department. Each session lasted about thirty minutes and were both very conversational. That also came with a tour around the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the tax department?   1 Answer

TFDP, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

First they have a "phone screening" just to make sure you are interested and so they can properly explain the program that you are applying to. I actually found this interview enjoyable and loved speaking with the woman. If it works out they forward your resume to different Hiring managers/departments. If these managers are interested they will reach out to you. It took a month or two before they got back to me personally because my phone screen was shortly before the holidays. The second round was a phone interview with one person, and the third was in person with two people. Even in the third round, it seemed to be more behavioral questions than skill oriented.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in school and why?   Answer Question

Product Management and Analytics Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Storrs, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university website. Went to attend an information meeting the night before the interviews as directed through a recruiter, and no one from Travelers showed up. There was no notification that this mandatory meeting was going to be canceled. The interviews next day ran late, but despite that, I had a great interview with a recent grad who told me that in around ten days he would follow up with information for me to come in for a second round. I shrugged off the info session no show as a simple error on their end.

After not hearing anything for three weeks I began to reach out to Travelers as I was wrapping up interviews with other companies. Nothing but silence despite a few follow-up emails from myself and the career center director to contact the Travelers.

Short, Travelers left a very poor impression on me. The entire process was ridden with unprofessionalism, blatant rudeness and a lack of maturity from a company that sponsors the Career Center at my school.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring from your experience outside the classroom to this position?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via their site, after getting a referral from a developer working there (another hierarchy). Screen by clueless HR, followed by grueling technical marathon with hiring manager (she was good, no denying that). The HR rep gets back to me and say I don't have enough experience in all they want. I responded, very politely, that I have never met a person who could fill even 80% of their wishlist, let alone "all they need", but wished him luck.

2 months later the recruiter gets back to me (I guessed he found out I wasn't kidding about the long wishlist), and asks if I'm still interested - sure. So he schedules me for onsite interviews with 5 diff people (1 technical under hiring manager, and the rest are other folks higher on the food chain).

I've sent my "thank you" notes to all, but still no response from hiring manager after 5 weeks. The recruiter responded in quite a timely manner, but still, clueless on what decision will be made.

Interview Questions

• Technical marathon of what-if-then questions. Onsite was mostly behavioral and check for chemistry.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

There was an phone call interview after I submitted my interview. This basically covered my past team experiences and project work in school. Next a day full of interviews on site it Hartford. Most questions were behavioral or critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• You're given 9 stones and a scale with one stone being a different weight. How do you determine the one that is different?   Answer Question