Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2017.

Interview

great interview , great company, felt welcomed. loved the staff and managers. hopefully I will get the position.
assessment was little difficult but I am happy I passed. Great benefits and great environment . This feels like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was in three stages.
    1.) phone interview/screen
    2.) assessment
    3.) panel interview with 2-3 managers

Once the interview is completed then there is about a 2-6 weeks waiting period while they conduct all interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Knoxville, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. Asked questions regarding why I applied with Travelers, specific questions about my job background, pay requirements, and discussed the job responsibilities. Recruiter was overly assertive and was quick to end the call.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Travelers? Do you speak Spanish? Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via referral; got an email within 24 hours setting up a phone interview for the next week. After the phone interview, there is an assessment you take at home. Takes about 1.5 hr total - requires some thought but not difficult. Was called for an in person interview for the following week. Got the offer a few days later. Had to get drug tested and complete a background check after the offer was made. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly helpful and friendly. Your resources check in periodically so you never feel like you're in the dark. Whole process from application to official acceptance took about 5 weeks. As others have said, interview was situational questions/experiences. Go prepared with many examples from previous positions.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

This is the most in-depth interview process I've ever been through. I applied online July 3, 2016 and within a few days received an email from a recruiter in Hartford asking to set up a phone interview. The interview contained very simple questions about my work history and why I would be a good fit for this particular position. It was more of a friendly conversation than an "interview." The recruiter was extremely friendly and helpful and scheduled me for the on location assessment the following week.

Before going in for the assessment you receive an email about what the assessment will contain and it does say that there is a "possibility" of a same day interview. I made sure to dress appropriately and be prepared just incase and I was the only one. I would suggest doing this as well. You start off with data entry. If you don't pass this 5 minute assessment then you're immediately excused. The actual assessment took roughly 3 1/2 hours and was basically an adult SAT. It contained math, reading, spelling, comprehension and so on. It is timed and if you have additional time be sure to go back and check your work. The proctor was extremely helpful and sweet.

After the assessment the proctor began calling people into the hallway to go over results. She left myself and one other person in the room alone and came back in and told us we had passed and set up our in person interviews for the next week. When I say I prepared for this interview, I PREPARED. For days. I went through all prior interview questions from other people on here and came up with examples for each.

On the day of my interview I was interviewed by a man and a woman and as all other Travelers employees had been, they were extremely nice. They made me feel SO at easy. We were able to joke around during the interview so that it wasn't so awkward feeling. They asked all behavioral questions. They had basically a booklet and went down the line and one of them took notes on everything. This is where being prepared definitely came in handy. I had a ready response for almost every question that they asked me. After the interview they told me they would be in touch regardless of their decision.

Almost exactly a week later I received a call for the unofficial offer. I accepted immediately. The next step from here was a drug test and background check. I immediately did the drug test and began the background check. If there's any advice I can give you about this process is that you need to be honest he entire time. From the time you submit your resume until the end, include accurate information for everything! Don't fudge dates, times, degrees, jobs anything. You can get through this entire process then have your offer taken for not being honest. I had left some old, little jobs off of my resume and application but was sure to disclose them on my background check.

After a week, I received my "official" offer and start in two weeks! I could not be more excited! If applying at the Orlando office I can reassure you that this may be a long process but it is worth it and don't be nervous because everyone is SO friendly and accommodating!

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite work environment that you worked in? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about work that may be "repetitive?"   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work together as a team. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and owned up to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very reasonable. They gave me time to answer all the questions and when I did not understand the context of the question they explained very well. I Had a great experience in general.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had irritated customer and how did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was over all hard and intense. They asked many questions. Several pertaining to personality. Be papered to be interviewed by more than one person. But overall the interview was shorter than one hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Travelers on 03/12/2017, got an email about setting up a phone interview on 03/14/2017, had phone interview on 03/16/2017, interview was very straight forward. Recruiter told me about the position, the pay, the benefits, the hours, everything i would need to know. She also asked about my background and why i was interested in working for the company. After the phone interview i received and email to take an assessment and an on-line simulation the same day. After the assessments i received a call the next day to set up an in person interview for the next week. This interview was with a member of HR and a customer service supervisor. It was very easy, they asked me questions in S.T.A.R. format and gave me more information about the position. pay, hours, and benefits. Overall the experience was very straightforward, relaxing, and easy, Was told i should hear something by the end of next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very extensive interview process, phone interview 30 -45 minutes, 3 hour testing, that consisted of math, writing, typing and basic insurance terminology. The test is designed so you will not finish so try your best, you are allowed to use a calculator on the test.
    An invite for a face to face interview that lasted 2 and a half hours, you shadow and meet with 1-2 people, everyone was very professional and friendly. They ask you about yourself, and to elaborate on situational type questions.
    What is off putting about Travelers is, I followed up with them after not hearing back after two weeks which, was the designated time they specified. I reached out to my initial recruiter to inquire if selections had been made because I had other phone calls coming in from other employers - no answer, I then followed up with the administrative assistant who informed me no decisions had been made and I would be hearing from a recruiter ASAP. The following week my recruiter called me back and I missed her call, I called her back on a Thursday and she didn't return my call, I called her on Tuesday of the following week and she answered. I asked her if selections had been made her response, some offers have been made and it is up in the air if they would like to bring more people on so if I hadn't received a decline notice I'm still in the running, so over all its been a month later and no response on anything.

I feel that is very unprofessional, you expect applicants to be on time and jump through hoops and you do not have the common courtesy to respond back so much for open communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed shortly after applying. I had a 15 minute telephone interview. The interview was very easy and I thought it went well, but eight days after the interview, the job status page, said "no longer under consideration". I did not receive a rejection letter.