Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I put in an aplication through indeed then a week later got and email to set up phone interview. The interview was horrible the recruiter rushed me through the whole thing it was suppose to be 15 to 30 min, I only got less than 10 min!!! Then she said they would email me to let me know, but we all know that means I didn't get the position!! Like seriously tell me then and there that I didn't get it instead of making me wait!!! How do you expect to gain experience if not one it willing to teach you and give you experience!!!!

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed shortly after applying. I had a 15 minute telephone interview. The interview was very easy and I thought it went well, but eight days after the interview, the job status page, said "no longer under consideration". I did not receive a rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair which was basically a pre-screening where they let you know the basics of the job. An interview was set up for 10 days later and I had to finish two online assessment tests before then. Everyone at the job fair and the two interviews were extremely friendly. I did not receive a job offer but they did personally call one week later to let me know.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Claims Customer Service Rep position in late December 2016. I received an email on January 4th from a recruiter asking for my availability to conduct a phone interview. I did the phone interview two days later which lasted for about an hour. She discussed the position in depth and told me the salary range. She also asked basic interview questions and about my work history. I did not prepare for this phone interview and it went fine. She told me I would be a good fit and wanted me to go come in next week to take an assessment. The assessment lasted about three hours. Afterwards, we were taken one by one and told the results by the proctor which I passed with flying colours. I came in for an interview the following day with two individuals. They read questions from a long packet and it lasted about an hour and a half. I asked a lot of follow-up questions about the department and inquired about advancement options, how are we evaluated, and etc. I was told it would take a couple of weeks before I am contacted by HR with a decision because they're early in the interview process.

For the past three weeks on the job submission status page, my status has been "interview" with an HR status date of "1/xx/2017". They finally closed the job posting last week and today, when I checked my status was still "interview" but the date has changed to "1/31/2016". I am assuming I did not receive the job because it been over three weeks and I have not heard back from anyone at the company. I am a recent college graduate with customer service experience and prior supervisory experience plus I am sure I did a good job at my interview. So why I was not chosen I am unsure because I exceeded the qualifications for the position.

My recommendation is if your waiting to hear back and are offered a job at another company to take it. I was offered a job at another company and am happy that I accepted it. If I had put all my eggs into Traveler's basket I would be stressing myself out right now. While I really wanted this job it is just smart to keep your options open so you don't miss out on opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

This is the most in-depth interview process I've ever been through. I applied online July 3, 2016 and within a few days received an email from a recruiter in Hartford asking to set up a phone interview. The interview contained very simple questions about my work history and why I would be a good fit for this particular position. It was more of a friendly conversation than an "interview." The recruiter was extremely friendly and helpful and scheduled me for the on location assessment the following week.

Before going in for the assessment you receive an email about what the assessment will contain and it does say that there is a "possibility" of a same day interview. I made sure to dress appropriately and be prepared just incase and I was the only one. I would suggest doing this as well. You start off with data entry. If you don't pass this 5 minute assessment then you're immediately excused. The actual assessment took roughly 3 1/2 hours and was basically an adult SAT. It contained math, reading, spelling, comprehension and so on. It is timed and if you have additional time be sure to go back and check your work. The proctor was extremely helpful and sweet.

After the assessment the proctor began calling people into the hallway to go over results. She left myself and one other person in the room alone and came back in and told us we had passed and set up our in person interviews for the next week. When I say I prepared for this interview, I PREPARED. For days. I went through all prior interview questions from other people on here and came up with examples for each.

On the day of my interview I was interviewed by a man and a woman and as all other Travelers employees had been, they were extremely nice. They made me feel SO at easy. We were able to joke around during the interview so that it wasn't so awkward feeling. They asked all behavioral questions. They had basically a booklet and went down the line and one of them took notes on everything. This is where being prepared definitely came in handy. I had a ready response for almost every question that they asked me. After the interview they told me they would be in touch regardless of their decision.

Almost exactly a week later I received a call for the unofficial offer. I accepted immediately. The next step from here was a drug test and background check. I immediately did the drug test and began the background check. If there's any advice I can give you about this process is that you need to be honest he entire time. From the time you submit your resume until the end, include accurate information for everything! Don't fudge dates, times, degrees, jobs anything. You can get through this entire process then have your offer taken for not being honest. I had left some old, little jobs off of my resume and application but was sure to disclose them on my background check.

After a week, I received my "official" offer and start in two weeks! I could not be more excited! If applying at the Orlando office I can reassure you that this may be a long process but it is worth it and don't be nervous because everyone is SO friendly and accommodating!

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite work environment that you worked in? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about work that may be "repetitive?"   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work together as a team. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and owned up to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Phone interview around 30 mins, then schedule for 4 hours testing really easy, then schedule for a panel interview. Mainly behavioral questions. I thought it went really well. Said I was supposed to hear back in a week. Nothing. Now almost two months later I get a generic email saying sorry.. Seems like a great company to work for but the way the handle the rejection after spending over 9 hours of someone time. It is pretty insulting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went beyond the call of duty to help someone else.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to make a hard decision on your own.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel you will be a great fit in our company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to explain a policy to complicated person.   Answer Question
    • What are your weaknesses and strengths in order?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Applied online ,received email in few days to schedule phone screening .Passed phone screening , the person was very polite, professional and easy to conduct phone interview.Than got scheduled for skill test. Data entry is first , I did good (as she told me) compare to ones i was sitting next to, than 4 other tests on which I am sure i did great.All sections are easy and math is simple and can be done in 15 minutes.Tests are not difficult as you may think. After all attendants took a tests they started calling out people one by one. Than when its all started. I was left last and the person in the room told that person who supposed to give me results is possibly logging off for today ? Really? You think it's professional? who is leaving from work if it is their job ? I am sure she lied to me regarding that because they decided for some other reason not to pursue my candidate but they don't tell you they told me to call her tomorrow morning .Next morning i have email stating i did not pass one of the sections ? That is all really unprofessional and not qualify as a good company to do. If i did not pass you can tell me and show me the results. The other thing if this is such a great company to work for why they hiring so many positions ? Good luck to these who apply !!!

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on indeed.com and 2-3 days later, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The interview consisted of the recruiter asking basic questions about me and my current position and she also explained the position that I had applied for. The phone interview went well and I was invited to complete some online assessments. A day after I completed the tests, I got another call from the recruiter inviting me to come in for a face to face interview the next week. My interview was conducted by a man and woman, hiring managers I believe. They asked the standard "Tell me about a time when" questions. The whole interview process was very comfortable. The managers were personable and friendly. (I have done other interviews with people at different companies with people who are not as welcoming) They immediately put me at ease. After the interview, there was a drug test and background and credit screening. It took about a week and a half for all that to clear. I was contacted via email welcoming me to the Travelers family. All in all the whole process was great the whole step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX).

Interview

This was my first interview with Travelers.. I applied online on Indeed then I received a phone call from HR wanting to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with Two Women. Both took turns asking me questions. Interview lasted about 35 minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Overall, it went pretty well.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on the company website. Was called about 2 days after and scheduled a visit for testing that same week.

Testing consisted of typing, math, reading and problem solving. It took a total of just over 2 hours to complete. Was called later that morning and told that I passed and to scheduled an interview and job shadowing. Was given a set of date/times

First thing I shadowed with a Rep for about 30 mins. I really like this because you get a good idea what the job will be like.

I interviewed with 2 Unit Mangers. Both asked questions and took plenty of notes. The interview lasted an hour. Be sure to answer the questions with what you did and what was the end result.

After the interview, I sat down with a second rep who went over QA. I was able to ask lots of questions with her about the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a co- worker(s). How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.

Why do you want to work for Travelers?

How do you feel about work that may feel repetitious?
      Answer Question