Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

There was a phone interview with a recruiter that took me through the entire process. There was a 4 hour test and several interviews. The recruiter made my offer and now I will be starting in July

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2017.

Interview

great interview , great company, felt welcomed. loved the staff and managers. hopefully I will get the position.
    assessment was little difficult but I am happy I passed. Great benefits and great environment . This feels like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very reasonable. They gave me time to answer all the questions and when I did not understand the context of the question they explained very well. I Had a great experience in general.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had irritated customer and how did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very extensive interview process, phone interview 30 -45 minutes, 3 hour testing, that consisted of math, writing, typing and basic insurance terminology. The test is designed so you will not finish so try your best, you are allowed to use a calculator on the test.
    An invite for a face to face interview that lasted 2 and a half hours, you shadow and meet with 1-2 people, everyone was very professional and friendly. They ask you about yourself, and to elaborate on situational type questions.
    What is off putting about Travelers is, I followed up with them after not hearing back after two weeks which, was the designated time they specified. I reached out to my initial recruiter to inquire if selections had been made because I had other phone calls coming in from other employers - no answer, I then followed up with the administrative assistant who informed me no decisions had been made and I would be hearing from a recruiter ASAP. The following week my recruiter called me back and I missed her call, I called her back on a Thursday and she didn't return my call, I called her on Tuesday of the following week and she answered. I asked her if selections had been made her response, some offers have been made and it is up in the air if they would like to bring more people on so if I hadn't received a decline notice I'm still in the running, so over all its been a month later and no response on anything.

I feel that is very unprofessional, you expect applicants to be on time and jump through hoops and you do not have the common courtesy to respond back so much for open communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I put in an aplication through indeed then a week later got and email to set up phone interview. The interview was horrible the recruiter rushed me through the whole thing it was suppose to be 15 to 30 min, I only got less than 10 min!!! Then she said they would email me to let me know, but we all know that means I didn't get the position!! Like seriously tell me then and there that I didn't get it instead of making me wait!!! How do you expect to gain experience if not one it willing to teach you and give you experience!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Travelers on 03/12/2017, got an email about setting up a phone interview on 03/14/2017, had phone interview on 03/16/2017, interview was very straight forward. Recruiter told me about the position, the pay, the benefits, the hours, everything i would need to know. She also asked about my background and why i was interested in working for the company. After the phone interview i received and email to take an assessment and an on-line simulation the same day. After the assessments i received a call the next day to set up an in person interview for the next week. This interview was with a member of HR and a customer service supervisor. It was very easy, they asked me questions in S.T.A.R. format and gave me more information about the position. pay, hours, and benefits. Overall the experience was very straightforward, relaxing, and easy, Was told i should hear something by the end of next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed shortly after applying. I had a 15 minute telephone interview. The interview was very easy and I thought it went well, but eight days after the interview, the job status page, said "no longer under consideration". I did not receive a rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair which was basically a pre-screening where they let you know the basics of the job. An interview was set up for 10 days later and I had to finish two online assessment tests before then. Everyone at the job fair and the two interviews were extremely friendly. I did not receive a job offer but they did personally call one week later to let me know.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Claims Customer Service Rep position in late December 2016. I received an email on January 4th from a recruiter asking for my availability to conduct a phone interview. I did the phone interview two days later which lasted for about an hour. She discussed the position in depth and told me the salary range. She also asked basic interview questions and about my work history. I did not prepare for this phone interview and it went fine. She told me I would be a good fit and wanted me to go come in next week to take an assessment. The assessment lasted about three hours. Afterwards, we were taken one by one and told the results by the proctor which I passed with flying colours. I came in for an interview the following day with two individuals. They read questions from a long packet and it lasted about an hour and a half. I asked a lot of follow-up questions about the department and inquired about advancement options, how are we evaluated, and etc. I was told it would take a couple of weeks before I am contacted by HR with a decision because they're early in the interview process.

For the past three weeks on the job submission status page, my status has been "interview" with an HR status date of "1/xx/2017". They finally closed the job posting last week and today, when I checked my status was still "interview" but the date has changed to "1/31/2016". I am assuming I did not receive the job because it been over three weeks and I have not heard back from anyone at the company. I am a recent college graduate with customer service experience and prior supervisory experience plus I am sure I did a good job at my interview. So why I was not chosen I am unsure because I exceeded the qualifications for the position.

My recommendation is if your waiting to hear back and are offered a job at another company to take it. I was offered a job at another company and am happy that I accepted it. If I had put all my eggs into Traveler's basket I would be stressing myself out right now. While I really wanted this job it is just smart to keep your options open so you don't miss out on opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?
      Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was over all hard and intense. They asked many questions. Several pertaining to personality. Be papered to be interviewed by more than one person. But overall the interview was shorter than one hour.