Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Knoxville, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter for about 30 minutes. Asked questions regarding why I applied with Travelers, specific questions about my job background, pay requirements, and discussed the job responsibilities. Recruiter was overly assertive and was quick to end the call.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Travelers? Do you speak Spanish? Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via referral; got an email within 24 hours setting up a phone interview for the next week. After the phone interview, there is an assessment you take at home. Takes about 1.5 hr total - requires some thought but not difficult. Was called for an in person interview for the following week. Got the offer a few days later. Had to get drug tested and complete a background check after the offer was made. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly helpful and friendly. Your resources check in periodically so you never feel like you're in the dark. Whole process from application to official acceptance took about 5 weeks. As others have said, interview was situational questions/experiences. Go prepared with many examples from previous positions.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

There was a phone interview with a recruiter that took me through the entire process. There was a 4 hour test and several interviews. The recruiter made my offer and now I will be starting in July

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2017.

Interview

great interview , great company, felt welcomed. loved the staff and managers. hopefully I will get the position.
    assessment was little difficult but I am happy I passed. Great benefits and great environment . This feels like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very reasonable. They gave me time to answer all the questions and when I did not understand the context of the question they explained very well. I Had a great experience in general.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had irritated customer and how did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Travelers on 03/12/2017, got an email about setting up a phone interview on 03/14/2017, had phone interview on 03/16/2017, interview was very straight forward. Recruiter told me about the position, the pay, the benefits, the hours, everything i would need to know. She also asked about my background and why i was interested in working for the company. After the phone interview i received and email to take an assessment and an on-line simulation the same day. After the assessments i received a call the next day to set up an in person interview for the next week. This interview was with a member of HR and a customer service supervisor. It was very easy, they asked me questions in S.T.A.R. format and gave me more information about the position. pay, hours, and benefits. Overall the experience was very straightforward, relaxing, and easy, Was told i should hear something by the end of next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very extensive interview process, phone interview 30 -45 minutes, 3 hour testing, that consisted of math, writing, typing and basic insurance terminology. The test is designed so you will not finish so try your best, you are allowed to use a calculator on the test.
    An invite for a face to face interview that lasted 2 and a half hours, you shadow and meet with 1-2 people, everyone was very professional and friendly. They ask you about yourself, and to elaborate on situational type questions.
    What is off putting about Travelers is, I followed up with them after not hearing back after two weeks which, was the designated time they specified. I reached out to my initial recruiter to inquire if selections had been made because I had other phone calls coming in from other employers - no answer, I then followed up with the administrative assistant who informed me no decisions had been made and I would be hearing from a recruiter ASAP. The following week my recruiter called me back and I missed her call, I called her back on a Thursday and she didn't return my call, I called her on Tuesday of the following week and she answered. I asked her if selections had been made her response, some offers have been made and it is up in the air if they would like to bring more people on so if I hadn't received a decline notice I'm still in the running, so over all its been a month later and no response on anything.

I feel that is very unprofessional, you expect applicants to be on time and jump through hoops and you do not have the common courtesy to respond back so much for open communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I put in an aplication through indeed then a week later got and email to set up phone interview. The interview was horrible the recruiter rushed me through the whole thing it was suppose to be 15 to 30 min, I only got less than 10 min!!! Then she said they would email me to let me know, but we all know that means I didn't get the position!! Like seriously tell me then and there that I didn't get it instead of making me wait!!! How do you expect to gain experience if not one it willing to teach you and give you experience!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed shortly after applying. I had a 15 minute telephone interview. The interview was very easy and I thought it went well, but eight days after the interview, the job status page, said "no longer under consideration". I did not receive a rejection letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair which was basically a pre-screening where they let you know the basics of the job. An interview was set up for 10 days later and I had to finish two online assessment tests before then. Everyone at the job fair and the two interviews were extremely friendly. I did not receive a job offer but they did personally call one week later to let me know.