Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Phone interview around 30 mins, then schedule for 4 hours testing really easy, then schedule for a panel interview. Mainly behavioral questions. I thought it went really well. Said I was supposed to hear back in a week. Nothing. Now almost two months later I get a generic email saying sorry.. Seems like a great company to work for but the way the handle the rejection after spending over 9 hours of someone time. It is pretty insulting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went beyond the call of duty to help someone else.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to make a hard decision on your own.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Why do you feel you will be a great fit in our company?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to explain a policy to complicated person.   Answer Question
  • What are your weaknesses and strengths in order?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Applied online ,received email in few days to schedule phone screening .Passed phone screening , the person was very polite, professional and easy to conduct phone interview.Than got scheduled for skill test. Data entry is first , I did good (as she told me) compare to ones i was sitting next to, than 4 other tests on which I am sure i did great.All sections are easy and math is simple and can be done in 15 minutes.Tests are not difficult as you may think. After all attendants took a tests they started calling out people one by one. Than when its all started. I was left last and the person in the room told that person who supposed to give me results is possibly logging off for today ? Really? You think it's professional? who is leaving from work if it is their job ? I am sure she lied to me regarding that because they decided for some other reason not to pursue my candidate but they don't tell you they told me to call her tomorrow morning .Next morning i have email stating i did not pass one of the sections ? That is all really unprofessional and not qualify as a good company to do. If i did not pass you can tell me and show me the results. The other thing if this is such a great company to work for why they hiring so many positions ? Good luck to these who apply !!!

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on indeed.com and 2-3 days later, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The interview consisted of the recruiter asking basic questions about me and my current position and she also explained the position that I had applied for. The phone interview went well and I was invited to complete some online assessments. A day after I completed the tests, I got another call from the recruiter inviting me to come in for a face to face interview the next week. My interview was conducted by a man and woman, hiring managers I believe. They asked the standard "Tell me about a time when" questions. The whole interview process was very comfortable. The managers were personable and friendly. (I have done other interviews with people at different companies with people who are not as welcoming) They immediately put me at ease. After the interview, there was a drug test and background and credit screening. It took about a week and a half for all that to clear. I was contacted via email welcoming me to the Travelers family. All in all the whole process was great the whole step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX).

Interview

This was my first interview with Travelers.. I applied online on Indeed then I received a phone call from HR wanting to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with Two Women. Both took turns asking me questions. Interview lasted about 35 minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Overall, it went pretty well.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on the company website. Was called about 2 days after and scheduled a visit for testing that same week.

Testing consisted of typing, math, reading and problem solving. It took a total of just over 2 hours to complete. Was called later that morning and told that I passed and to scheduled an interview and job shadowing. Was given a set of date/times

First thing I shadowed with a Rep for about 30 mins. I really like this because you get a good idea what the job will be like.

I interviewed with 2 Unit Mangers. Both asked questions and took plenty of notes. The interview lasted an hour. Be sure to answer the questions with what you did and what was the end result.

After the interview, I sat down with a second rep who went over QA. I was able to ask lots of questions with her about the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a co- worker(s). How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.

Why do you want to work for Travelers?

How do you feel about work that may feel repetitious?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I arrived for the interview 15 min early. The interviewer did not come get me until 20 minutes after the interview time. I was taken to a room with 2 people. They were very young and condescending. One of them actually rolled her eyes at me. It was not a pleasant experience at all. They said they would get back to me in two weeks and never did. Very unprofessional. If that is how they treat potential employees, I am glad I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Applied online, got an email 2 days later to do a 15 minute phone interview. After the conversation the recruiter said she'd like to schedule me for an exam in almost a month's time, and to fill out a background report. First thing is they give you a typing test which if you fail under 35 wpm you're told to leave in front of everyone. If you pass that you stay for the 4 hour exam. There was a math portion, an insurance like portion where you have to find and decide information in a document. And some general find the error, spelling, and grammar tests. I got a call that night, around 7:30, from the call center manager to come in the next week for an in person interview. It was with the general manager and a regular manager, basic customer service/interview questions, thought I did well. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks, emailed me 3 days later saying I didn't get the job. Job pay was 38k a year

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT).

Interview

Phone screen to start. If that goes well then an assessment test and most often an interview if that gets passed. About two weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• The "explain a time when this occurred and how you handled it" questions I find to be the toughest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Knoxville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was drawn out over at least a month. I applied online and a few days later recieved an email saying I'd been selected to continue on in the application process. Filled out a more in depth application that also contained questions that dealt with hypothetical situations one might be in while answering phone calls in customer service department for an insurance company. A few days later, in an email, I was asked to continue on in the hiring process. The next phase was an online personality test consisting with over one hundred questions, simple math questions & call center scenarios presented with questions on which is best way to answer customer's question, etc. Several days later I got an email stating that I should move on to the next stage-- an online call center simulation. The call center simulation I did at home on my computer. I had 45 minutes to "answer" phone calls and select the best responses to the customer's questions given the infotnation that was provided for me. Several days later I recieved a phone call from Travelers saying they'd like to bring me in to meet with the director of operations and hiring manager. A few days later I go in for my interview. I meet with two people (director & hiring manager) at the same time, one asking me questions while the other jotted down my answers. That interview lasted about an hour and consisted with typical interview questions. They made me feel comfortable and got me to relax the best I could. They both stepped out of room for 5 minutes, came back in, asked some more questions then told me they'd like me to meet with someone from HR. I interviewed with one person from HR for another hour. I was much more relaxed, and most of the questions I was asked were the same, or at least very similar. Talked about benefits and salary. I left with a mixed feeling since I'd never worked in a call center before conducting customer service-- I've only worked face to face customer service in the food service industry. But my interview with HR, I felt, went really well. Five days later I received a call from a recruiter who offered me the job, pending a drug test and background check. I accepted the offer, and start the new job in a month!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team and things didn't go as planned. How did you handle the situation?
      Describe a time when you were overwhelmed with your workload, and how you handled it.
      Talk about a time you turned an idea into an accomplishment.
      Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers in June 2012.

Interview

It was a two phase process. Skills test was taken; Interviewed by more than one person. Background check was done. Friendly interviewers. Made you feel comfortable. The skills test tested for accuracy and speed on keyboarding. Personality test was also given on the computer to see how you react in different situations.

Interview Questions

See What Travelers Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Account Manager in Saint Paul, MN

Pros: “The PTO is 22 days starting including sick days (this is what made me, and I believe others, stay longer than they normally would if contemplating finding another job) and about 9 paid...”“The PTO is 22 days starting including sick days (this is what made me, and I believe others, stay longer than they normally would if contemplating finding another job) and about 9 paid holidays. Medical benefits (copay is somewhat high if you have a reason that requires you to see a doctor multiple times within one month on an Account Manager salary) Stable and trusted company The IT "systems" employees are fast and efficient when you have a problem you just call the number and they usually know the remedy. Was given a sit stand desk (but it took months to receive because of red tape getting doctors note, custom order, etc.. I thought it would never come but one day it was there) this made me feel valued as an employee because they are expensive. Flexible work schedule. You can typically start anytime between 7:00am and 9:00am as long as you come in consistently at the same time and work for 8.5 hours (includes 30 minute lunch, 9 hours if you take a one hour lunch). This job has a salary but you are an hourly employee. This is a great way to get overtime (if you had a salary you would not get overtime) but I almost always worked 40 hour weeks. Overtime is usually only granted if you have a large workload that needs attention. Some employees are notorious for coming in every now and then on Saturday's but you can get the job done in a 40 hour work week typically. Also, if you want to take a day off and use your PTO, even if it is the same week as you are asking, the manager usually approves this as long as you find someone to back you up for urgent items when you are out of the office. My department was really good at backing each other up when out of the office. Understanding of major life events, such as if a health crisis occurs, as long as you follow the required protocol. Following the protocol (especially of a disability health insurance company) as well as of your company can be overwhelming when you are going through a health or family crisis but it is also a huge relief to know that you have this insurance and work for a company that offers such a generous policy. I also met multiple people who have left Travelers for one reason or another and return to work for the company later in their career. Discounts for gyms, cell phone if you are the primary account holder, various music and theatre events (partial to large campus in St. Paul and Hartford I believe), hotels, etc.. Travelers choir group and other activity groups. Diversity clubs offer various thought- provoking and inspirational speakers as well as leadership opportunities. Gym on site but you have to pay for it. Massage therapist on site for pay.” – Full Review