Travelers Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Director Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke with Recruiter and a SVP. I was told I was going to be brought in to interview with 3 people. Then I heard nothing for quite some time. I got a call from Recruiter telling me the salary range that was posted was a lie. The base salary was about 50-60k less than what had been posted. I was never brought in. I was called to schedule one phone interview but the date given was over 3 weeks away. The recruiter was snide and rude. I was really excited about the job before dealing with the incompetency of the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Probably one of the worst interview experiences ever. They called me in and then put me in an office for 6 hours with people rotating in and out. Most of the people seemed way to busy then to spend an hour with me and seemed distracted and many were not even involved with the role. The hiring manager couldn't even be bothered to speak to me for more then 7 minutes. Most of the interviews were conversational and unstructured, but basically it seemed like one they had a hard time articulating this role and therefore were not really sure why I was there. Here's a hint, have your hiring managers take 15 minutes and do a phone screen before bringing people in if you don't think they are qualified. It was a waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the recruiter, and then they followed up two weeks later with a full day of interviews with 5 different groups or individuals including one at lunch. The first was with two technical people who quizzed me on some SQL. Then there were meetings with the Dept. Head, my new manager, and managers from areas I'd be working with.

In general the questions weren't difficult, but it was a long process. I realized half-way through that they wanted much more SAS experience than I had - though I never represented myself as a SAS expert in my resume or in the phone interview. So I was disappointed as I knew it was going to be a waste of a day.

Interview Questions

• How do you join tables in SQL?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

Multiple levels of screening. Phone interviews with Recruiter followed by HR manager, then typically one or two rounds of interviews with the candidate, with atlease one face to face interview. Typical interviews are 1x1, though I have seen panels in few instances.

Interview Questions

• Challenges related to manage competing project demands, stakeholder management and inefficient team dynamics   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was very long, the internal coordinator messed up a lot of paper work which made the process even longer. Technical interview was difficult but nothing unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in October 2008.

Interview

multiple interview extended off original interview from posting. Senior management offered viewpoint that all employees are disposible and that if they hired me there was no guarantee that if a better candidate came by later on I could be replaced. After several interviews over several days they never returned my calls, offered feedback or offered status.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions - size of org I managed, biggest project under my responsibility   3 Answers