Travelers Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.1

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I initially spoke with someone from HR. We did a quick phone interview with basic questions about why I wanted to work for Travelers during the summer. As a law student, my interview consisted of meeting with 5 different attorneys and another HR rep. Each interview was pretty similar. They asked about my background, my goals, and why I wanted this position. I received an offer within a week.

TFDP, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

First they have a "phone screening" just to make sure you are interested and so they can properly explain the program that you are applying to. I actually found this interview enjoyable and loved speaking with the woman. If it works out they forward your resume to different Hiring managers/departments. If these managers are interested they will reach out to you. It took a month or two before they got back to me personally because my phone screen was shortly before the holidays. The second round was a phone interview with one person, and the third was in person with two people. Even in the third round, it seemed to be more behavioral questions than skill oriented.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite and least favorite class in school and why?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via their site, after getting a referral from a developer working there (another hierarchy). Screen by clueless HR, followed by grueling technical marathon with hiring manager (she was good, no denying that). The HR rep gets back to me and say I don't have enough experience in all they want. I responded, very politely, that I have never met a person who could fill even 80% of their wishlist, let alone "all they need", but wished him luck.

2 months later the recruiter gets back to me (I guessed he found out I wasn't kidding about the long wishlist), and asks if I'm still interested - sure. So he schedules me for onsite interviews with 5 diff people (1 technical under hiring manager, and the rest are other folks higher on the food chain).

I've sent my "thank you" notes to all, but still no response from hiring manager after 5 weeks. The recruiter responded in quite a timely manner, but still, clueless on what decision will be made.

Interview Questions

• Technical marathon of what-if-then questions. Onsite was mostly behavioral and check for chemistry.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

There was an phone call interview after I submitted my interview. This basically covered my past team experiences and project work in school. Next a day full of interviews on site it Hartford. Most questions were behavioral or critical thinking.

Interview Questions

• You're given 9 stones and a scale with one stone being a different weight. How do you determine the one that is different?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Farmington, CT).

Interview

I was hiring to do claim processor putting folders together and filing in the file room.
    I have the experience working already for Travelers as Temp. I was working by that time for Man Power Agency.

Interview Questions

• how was my processor skills   1 Answer

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Arrived at 10:30 and got a tour of main area of the building then got an overview of the program. The first interviewer came in and asked questions from a sheet of paper, mostly behavioral. Then was taken out to lunch from someone currently in the program. It was good to see what they had to say about the program. Then had two more 45 minutes interviews similar to the first. Make sure you come prepared with questions. Then said they would be in contact in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you look at when entering a new market?   Answer Question
    • Trends in industry   Answer Question
    • If you have ever had to explain technical information to someone who would not understand technical terms   Answer Question

AALDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university's career fair in October 2016. Had a 30 minute phone interview and was asked to come back for an on site interview in Hartford about three weeks after. Received word of their decision one week after the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions, have a few good success/failure stories ready   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online as a career changer from direct care to case management. Talent acquisition screening called back without confirming when was a good time to call. On phone recruiter stated its not a good fit as its a desk job answering phones and not patient care. Recruiter seemed hasty on the phone. Email received back without offer.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

I initially applied and interviewed for a Claims Adjuster position. It started with a brief phone interview, then they had me go in and take an easy but long assessment. I passed that and went on to my interview with two very stern managers; that was very structured. I was called the next day and a woman told me the interviewers thought I would be better suited for the CCS position, at least to start, and had me come in for another interview for that position (I didn't have to take the 3 hour assessment again). The two managers who interviewed me the 2nd time were much easier to talk to and it was a lot more conversational. They even gave me a chance to explain my obvious nervousness (I don't interview well). I selected "no offer" but I actually haven't heard back yet. They told me they were extending offers on February 1st and I'm really hoping I got it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain a policy to a customer who just didn't seem to understand.   1 Answer

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a week later to set up a phone interview from a current employee. After that went well, I was asked to come in 3 weeks later for the day to talk with multiple people that were previously in the program. Everyone I talked with was very friendly and enthusiastic about their jobs. If you don't mirror their energy or bring the same attitude while you're there, you probably won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They just asked a lot of behavioral interview questions, why I was interested in the company, why I was interested in the program, where I see myself in 5/10 years, etc. As far as the behavioral interview questions are concerned, It's impossible to prep for all of them so just practice from a list you can find online if possible.   Answer Question