Travelers Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

166 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

First round - phone interview with talent acquisition about a week after online application. Second around - phone interview with hiring manager. Third round - phone interview with senior counsel and claims professional. Fourth round in person interviews at hartford with approximately 4 people and lunch. Long process, everyone was friendly and engaging. In the end, was told they went with other candidates. surprising considering how extensive the process (and lengthy) is and required several days of work off. disappointed. if transferring from law firm to in-house be perhaps be mindful of pointing law firm specific accomplishments (motion practice, depositions, defense awards/verdicts) as not to over qualify yourself. industry and culture appears very different from traditional law firms. much more laid back and less competitive. dress conservatively and modestly. also be mindful that despite progressing further in the process (rounds, etc) - it is not a guarantee of success. the many layers are just indicative of the corporate process and red tape. be prepared to treat process (despite duration) as indicative of one or two interviews in a law firm setting. my opinion is negative because the final travel and all day interviews should be reserved for the final candidate as a checklist, rather as an additional round (for those who must travel in) i feel just as bad for the other person who will not receive and offer after traveling and spending a full day there. good luck to you all!

PMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

The phone interviews were a breeze. When I finally heard back about them I found the interview process quite pleasant. They had two interviews then lunch, then another two interviews to wrap up the day. Overall it was quite easy going as interviews go

PMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

First was a phone screening for 30 minutes. The interviewer was nice. Got called back for a second round at Hartford, CT. I had three back to back interviews for 30 minutes, most behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about to create a new insurance product?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the internal recruiter within days for a phone screening interview. The entire interview process took a while (couple of months) but I was kept very well informed and my expectations were set for the process.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical questions, such as why I wanted to be in-house.   Answer Question

IT Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews. The first interview was an over the phone interview. This was the typical phone interview in which the company was sort of screening me based on personality. The next one was a more hands on phone interview, discussing things more thoroughly on my resume (i.e. Projects that I worked on). The last interview was on site in which I went through a series of 3, 30 minute interviews. The first one was given by someone in a technical position (more discussion of technologies and projects), the next one was by a technical person but the questions were more based on teamwork, and the last one was with the head of the Leadership program in which it was more personality based as well.... Afterwards, the company invites you for lunch!

Interview Questions

• How would you survive if you were stranded on an island with just a laptop?   Answer Question

Field Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I had 3 interviews, one phone, 2 in person. The inpersons were both done the same day. The process was about a month start to finish, but I have no complaints. My interviewers were warm and friendly. Be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format. They do require drug testing once the position is offered and acceptes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were asked to do something that made you uncomfortable, and did you do it?   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied received email from a recruiter the next day for a phone interview. Next was a 3 hour assessment, once that was passed was scheduled for an in person interview which consisted of 10-12 S.T.A.R format questions

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely long process. Took weeks (I think 3?) before in person interviews were even scheduled. In July/Aug/Sept 2017 timeframe and was told delay was about vacations. An excuse. I was shocked at the long process. From initial contact to declination was 2 months - possibly longer. Not a positive experience or acceptable time to me. I would not apply again.

No feedback given on why I was not chosen.

Behavioral interview questions, business partner (or called stake holders in some companies) interviews.

Recruiter was professional though.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Very eager to schedule 5 interviews for one day. Making the interview experience more like speed dating, then real conversations. Then silence treatment for 2 months. Very disrespectful to interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Felt like I was giving away free advice to their problems, then getting interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview with the hiring manager and another technical resource. They were very polite and very professional. Also, the initial HR recruiter who I had interviewed with earlier from Travelers was extremely polite and professional. I came away from the entire interview process very impressed with the company (would have liked to work for them).

Interview Questions

• Besides a variety of questions regarding my technical background and skills level, they asked the "gap" question - "So what have you been doing since being laid off from ... ?"   1 Answer
    • Another non-technical question the interviewers asked was "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   1 Answer