Travelers Insurance Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Insurance Service Representative Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

You go to an awkward job fair, have a second interview, and the background check will keep calling you every day for documents you don't have anymore such as w2-S from highschool 10 years ago and what not. The drug test was fine of course but it is very extensive in very nice facilities. Don't bother trying to fudge it hahaha

Interview Questions

• Why do you wAnt to get into insurance?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX).

Interview

They used a staffing company which was very unusual. I've interviewed for Travelers several times for several different positions & I'm convinced now it's just not the place for me.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Travelers in my area starts by putting out ads for applications, then when turnout is not high they have frequent Job Fairs. I applied through the website and didn't make the cut, went to the job fair a few weeks later and did.

Job fair: you sit and wait. They do an initial interview. If they want to move forward you test. Tests are all on computer and super easy. You can use computer's calculator for math (just make sure you know how to figure out percentages) and then a simulated call center experience where you listen to simulated calls and pick what you would do. And then a behavioral test - Word to the wise, answer it honestly at your own peril, for every question, just ask yourself: WWJD?

After passing all that they call you back for an interview. This is where you want to sell yourself hard. This is a Fortune 500 company. You want to be confident, friendly and jovial. Present yourself as someone they would look forward to seeing every day in the break room and having good small talk with. But it's all behavioral based questions, I.e. Tell me about a time when you . . . So prepare with plenty of examples of when you multitasked, handled irate customers, worked under pressure, provided excellent customer service etc. and in those examples show how much you shined as an exemplary employee.

Most of the questions, interviews and tests are there to show that you're smart enough to know how to answer the way they want you to - not necessarily answer honestly. They are looking for Yes-Men. So if you need this job, be what they want.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Applied online received a call within two weeks, emailed and had to do a skills test that consisted of answering questions for various "companies" by using the tabs with said companies policies and procedures (some other testing typical with customer service rep positions) did a 30 minute phone interview, invited to do a site interview, went to site interview and interviewed with hiring manager and supervisor in servicing department, after about a 15-20 minute interview did a second interview with another servicing department manager, was told would take one week to find out yes or no, called back the next day and offered position, went through background check (including credit, education, employers, and salary), also did drug test

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, typical what would yo do in this or that situation, tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

phone screening, 2 computer assessment tests and 1 in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

still in process

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Syracuse, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with one of the managers first, it lasted about an hour and was somewhat relaxed. As soon as that interview was done, I interviewed with the director of HR. It was a very relaxed interview, almost seemed as if we were just friends talking. That interview lasted about 2 hours5t.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

All interviews are 2 levels with at least 2 people as interviewers. Interviews are stiff, usually they are training a newer person. Not much rapport building. Answers need to be concise and to the point. They always ask behavioral questions. They ask several "Tell us about a time when" questions. Need to be flexible with hours and can't miss any of 3 month training period.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer on the phone.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview is like 4+ hours long.
    Consist of Data Entry test
    Skills test
    total 4 sections you have to pass.
    Fail one section, you don't move on.
    Then it's a one on one interview
    Mock call, where you have to answer a real phone and someone on the other end asking you questions and you have to use your Customer Service skills to provide the right answer. Someone is sitting behind you, God only knows what that individual was writing.
    Then another one on one with a hiring representative.
    Then a one on one with Human Resources
    1.50 weeks later received a call of job offer.
    Accepted
    drug/background check is required.
    Very good process they go through. Good weed out. If one couldn't pass a reading, math, skills test I sure wouldn't want to work with them either.
    I'm excited to work here, just all the testing is tiring/brain overload.

Interview Questions

• Strength/weakness   1 Answer
    • What attracts you to work here at travelers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really nothing to negotiate. The salary was upfront throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Refererred by a friend did phone interview took 7 part test including % word problems and reading comprehesion and data entry test that if you dont pass you dont move on. A one on one interview that day and then came back a week later for a mock phone call test and two one on one interviews. The mock phone calls are actual people (ACTORS) that call with insurance issues, kinda of wierd and you have someone watching you too. Received email telling me I was not selected and no reason as to why. I would ask up front what will disqualify you on a background check. I have a bankruptcy and i think they may have been why i was denied of course they wont tell so I will never know. I also have a ton of experience and Bachelors degree and I had a employee referral. I thought the interview went well so it must be that. Look into it if you have one (BK)it will save you alot of time!

Interview Questions

• Tell me your strengths and weeknesses with respect to service and production goals?   2 Answers
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were working in a group and there was conflict within in the group and how did you handle that situation?   1 Answer