Travelers Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in April 2017.

Interview

I had a pleasant experience interviewing for the intern position. I had a first phone interview which was about 25 min long. They were interested in my resume mostly so most of the questions came from that. They also try to connect with you on a personal level which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was difficult   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

There are two people. Some behavior questions, and some technical questions. It took approximate 30 minutes, but it might be longer. I really like this interview. Because of a reason, I cannot accept this offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in October 2016.

Interview

It was the phone interview for pre-screening. It took 30 min. Mostly, the interviewer asked about the leardership and the problem soving style. It seemed that the interviewer wanted to know about my own working style specifically. Interview was quite straightforward. No math, or technical terms.

The interviewer also asked about the experience of using excel and SAS, but did not ask about details.

Interview Questions

• How do I control when my team member does not follow well?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

2 rounds. 1st over the phone and the 2 panel interview with about 8 or so people. They sit you in a room and they come in by two. They were nice just be yourself and be confident about what you are saying. Allow your passion to show, GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview Questions. Be Prepared. Know about the company.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

It was very unprofessional. We met at a hotel in the lobby. I was surprised to see the interviewer sitting there at a table going through the paperwork. I was asked to wait as I was a little early. The process was uncomfortable to say the least.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two hour process on the phone that could have been condensed into a much shorter amount of time. However, my interviewer was personally matched to me which was convenient; she was from the same college I was currently attending at the time. They also contacted me a few days later to tell me the position was no longer being offered, which was extremely frustrating after such a long interview. This interview was over the phone for the Hartford and Missouri locations.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through my University who got me in contact with the company. After exchanging a few emails and the company reviewing my resume, I had an hour long phone interview with the Select Actuarial. He basically asked me about my personality, computer skills, and my basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs, statistical software, and coding.
    This was my first internship interview so I was terribly nervous, but he was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked together with a group on a business related project.
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone you were working with, how you resolved the conflict, and rate your relationship with the person after this conflict.
      If a coin is flipped 10 times and lands on heads each time what is the chance that it will land heads again on the 11th flip?
      How does a drivers age effect their risk of getting in a car accident?
      What projects would you be interested in doing as an intern at this company?
      Additional questions based on the content of my resume.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2015.

Interview

Gave a recruiter my resume at a career fair. Received call from recruiter a few weeks saying they wanted to conduct a phone interview. Interview ran on for approximately 25 minutes. Did not receive call back after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions

• If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Resume, Cover letter, pretty standard hiring process. Very helpful website. Interview was set up after a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral--pretty straight forward. Everyone was very nice   1 Answer