Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.1

444 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

So I went in for the testing that was 3 1/2 hours and I thought I passed because I received a call for the interview and to come back in an hour. I come back for the interview and thought I did well. The interview was an hour an a half. After an interview you get to sit with an employee and ask questions and see what the job is like. That was for 15 mins. Then after that I was told I should receive a email or call in a week and half to see if you get a interview with the director who makes the final decision. They have to pass your scores and interview to the Human Resources and they decide if it goes to the director. Which made no sense. Needless to say I got no email stating I got the job nor that I didn't get the job. Nothing. Whole day and no response. The process is very discouraging because if the hr picked you for the test- you pass the test - you believe you did good for the interview to last that long and then paperwork back to hr and then nothing, Sorry for long post.

Interview Questions

• Name something on your job you was required to do but regret and could change?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

Over the phone was almost like a face to face. Very detailed and long. Then they make you come in for THREE hours to take a test thats archaic and on paper. There are about 5-6 parts of the test that are timed. If you pass all parts then you are granted a face to face interview. They grade the sections as you go and don't tell you that you've failed a section until you take all of the tests. It was a waste of 3 hours of my life. I apparently didn't do well on one of the sections therefore I wasn't good enough to meet the hiring managers. Even though I have over 7 years of experience. I honestly think its a BS system to weed people out, especially ones with special needs. Its a prejudice and discriminatory test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call then we set up a phone interview - next step is the assessment test which will take 3-3.5 hours then a interview in person

Auto Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in July 2017.

Interview

7 minutes into the phone call with the recruiter let me know this was not a company I wanted to work for. The representative was rude and very short in the conversation. Once I said I wasn't interested, I was hung up on very abruptly.

Interview Questions

• What is the salary in your current position? What are you looking for (income)   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was a lengthily Interview Process. I met with several field and home office Sr. Management. It was a combination of Phone and In-Person Interviews.

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Interview

CAT claim representative trainee

Before I start I just want to say anyone applying to the CAT position. You have to want it 100%. They will ask you over and over if you still want the job after telling you stories about how they've lost friends and have a limited social life. This position you are on call 365 days out of the year and can be gone 2-4 weeks at a time working weekends as well. (averaging 200 days and up is what i was told).
    The managers told me they cant make plans because they might be called out. The peer told me dating would be hard as well as maintaining friends. I was also told you work alone most of the time, and they haven't seen particular coworkers in months or years. If on one of these deployments, expect to work 8am-9pm or whenever you're done doing paperwork.

The reason they tell you this over and over again is because they NEED someone who is willing to do this. If you aren't willing it will probably be written all over your face.

SOOO:
    Sent in my resume and a few days later was emailed about setting up a phone interview, was told it would take about 30 minutes. When the phone interview came it consisted of the woman reading out the job description and then setting up a time for me to come in for an assessment. The only question I was asked on the phone was what I expected to be paid.

Fast forward to the assessment, not too difficult. I finished it in about 2 hours out of the allotted 3. Very basic math and then grammar. There was also a section where you had to write a letter to a disgruntled client. Overall it wasn't too bad but I also wasn't sure if I passed or not until they called me later that evening.

Received the call that I passed and then set up an in person interview a few days after that.

The interview was the hardest I have ever had. First its 2 on 1 for an hour and a half. They went back and forth with questions that were all very situational based (name a time when...). I would say they asked over 15 questions. I started running out of 'times when' and I knew I was putting my foot in my mouth a few times.

Then I had about a 30 minute phone call with someone who was doing the job I was interviewing for. You're supposed to ask them questions that you 'don't feel comfortable' asking the managers.

After that I spoke with a supervisor? for the next about 30 minutes. He was the hardest one to talk to and I got the sense that he didn't care for me, or my answers. I did not feel as welcome as the other two interviews.

I left feeling like I wouldn't take the job even if they offered it to me

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and then an assessment. Passed it, then came back for the in person interview. It was done by two managers, one of the managers seemed like they had an issue with my educational background concerning my major in College. I met/surpassed the educational/experience requirements for this position. At one point it felt like I was being almost ridiculed and profiled because of it. I could tell they weren't interested in me and were just trying to speed through the process. Seriously unprofessional, and if anyone from Travelers is reading this, its not a good image of your company when one of your managers makes a snarky comment to the interviewee. The other Manager just asked me behavioral questions and was pleasant. Overall, it was an Odd experience.

PIp Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Application. Phone Interview (consists of basic FL PIP questions that I was able to answer confidently). 3 and half hour Assessment (test did not apply to position and was outdated from 2009. Test was taken and graded by paper). Received a call a week later stating I failed one portion of the 8 section test and was advised to apply back in 6 months to take the portion of the test I failed over again. I'm a little disappointed.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone and email requesting a interview. Interview was scheduled two days later. I did really well on the phone interview and was scheduled 3 days later to take assessments. The assessments are really long and you have a short amount of time to complete them. Even though it requires on some sections in depth thinking and analyzing and comparing of a lot of information. The assessments in my opinion are ridiculous and a waste of time. Received a email literally 15 minutes after taking the assessments that I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based questions.
      Practice the star method.   Answer Question