Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Interview

CAT claim representative trainee

Before I start I just want to say anyone applying to the CAT position. You have to want it 100%. They will ask you over and over if you still want the job after telling you stories about how they've lost friends and have a limited social life. This position you are on call 365 days out of the year and can be gone 2-4 weeks at a time working weekends as well. (averaging 200 days and up is what i was told).
    The managers told me they cant make plans because they might be called out. The peer told me dating would be hard as well as maintaining friends. I was also told you work alone most of the time, and they haven't seen particular coworkers in months or years. If on one of these deployments, expect to work 8am-9pm or whenever you're done doing paperwork.

The reason they tell you this over and over again is because they NEED someone who is willing to do this. If you aren't willing it will probably be written all over your face.

SOOO:
    Sent in my resume and a few days later was emailed about setting up a phone interview, was told it would take about 30 minutes. When the phone interview came it consisted of the woman reading out the job description and then setting up a time for me to come in for an assessment. The only question I was asked on the phone was what I expected to be paid.

Fast forward to the assessment, not too difficult. I finished it in about 2 hours out of the allotted 3. Very basic math and then grammar. There was also a section where you had to write a letter to a disgruntled client. Overall it wasn't too bad but I also wasn't sure if I passed or not until they called me later that evening.

Received the call that I passed and then set up an in person interview a few days after that.

The interview was the hardest I have ever had. First its 2 on 1 for an hour and a half. They went back and forth with questions that were all very situational based (name a time when...). I would say they asked over 15 questions. I started running out of 'times when' and I knew I was putting my foot in my mouth a few times.

Then I had about a 30 minute phone call with someone who was doing the job I was interviewing for. You're supposed to ask them questions that you 'don't feel comfortable' asking the managers.

After that I spoke with a supervisor? for the next about 30 minutes. He was the hardest one to talk to and I got the sense that he didn't care for me, or my answers. I did not feel as welcome as the other two interviews.

I left feeling like I wouldn't take the job even if they offered it to me

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Received an email from HR to set up and conduct a phone interview the following week. Phone interview went well, basic questions about work experience and other information on the resume. After the phone interview an assessment test was scheduled to test your basic skills such as finding the area of a room, writing a professional letter, and choosing the best route to take when going from point A to point B. Following the assessment an in person interview was conducted with the hiring manager followed by two other managers. Overall a great experience with a great company, I left the interview impressed with the company and wanting to get the job to work with the managers.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Was emailed roughly one week after applying, phone interview was a barrage of questions regarding my resume and previous experience. The interviewer was very thorough and equally forward with her opinion, which with some could be seen as aggressive.

Currently waiting to hear whether or not I will be moved forward, however she used the "We already have a lot of people in the process of being hired, I will get back to you within 7-10 days when we determine whether or not we will push forward with anymore candidates"

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone and email requesting a interview. Interview was scheduled two days later. I did really well on the phone interview and was scheduled 3 days later to take assessments. The assessments are really long and you have a short amount of time to complete them. Even though it requires on some sections in depth thinking and analyzing and comparing of a lot of information. The assessments in my opinion are ridiculous and a waste of time. Received a email literally 15 minutes after taking the assessments that I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based questions.
      Practice the star method.
      Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Don't be fooled by people who did not get an offer and left very negative feedback! No, the people in the building are not "ghetto," no, the leadership doesn't pass on people who 'threaten their position.' Very professional, welcoming, and diverse workforce. Travelers does their best to hire the best and brightest (pay is higher than all other ins. companies). They are open to hiring entry level. If you come from a different carrier and have been an adjuster for years, knowing the job isn't the only qualifier!

Very difficult interview process! Phone screen interview, followed by a tough in-house assessment, and then a whole afternoon of various interviews. That being said, making it to the end and surviving the cut leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. General advice: Practice STAR method, be ready to ask A LOT of thoughtful and relevant questions (this is what the company is looking for the most), be able to show how your past job experience has skills that are pertinent to being an adjuster (such as negotiating, multitasking, customer service), and also practice speed testing/typing (if you are not a fast typer). FYI, if you're brand new to insurance, having obtained an adjusters license really helps!

The phone screen was easy, they basically ask about your resume and a few behaviorals. Next is the very tough SAT-like assessment testing your grammar, typing speed, math skills, reasoning, and general insurance knowledge. It has a 70% fail-rate, so the company really wants to take on intelligent and quick-thinking folks. It is designed to not let you finish in time and you must pass each individual section to pass the assessment. IF you pass, the rest of the day is a series of interviews with several managers of different sections, as well as VP level leadership and also with HR leadership. You also have two peer sit-alongs, but don't drop your guard, act as if you're sitting along with leadership, because guess who is going to ask them about you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was WAY over industry average. Again, I want to emphasize that yes, this is one of the toughest interview processes you will go through, but it's for a reason. If you get the opportunity to interview, don't take it for granted. PREPARE

Inside Auto Blend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL).

Interview

phone interview from recruiter who had interviewed me previously for another position. Asked about my experience, caseloads. Explained different career tracks, explained if selected would need to come in for 3 hours assessment testing. Received email the next day advising "they" had passed on me, no explanation. Don't waste your time with these guys

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

3 Round interview process. Phone, in person (3 1 hour long interview) then one with a IT director.

I was told I will be informed within one to two weeks if I get hired or not. Several months have past and I still have not heard back from Travelers (nor an email). I just assumed I didn't get the role once one month passed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in April 2017.

Interview

I had a pleasant experience interviewing for the intern position. I had a first phone interview which was about 25 min long. They were interested in my resume mostly so most of the questions came from that. They also try to connect with you on a personal level which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was difficult   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The initial phone interview was short and easy. I was invited to do an assessment which I failed. It is like an SAT exam and extremely hard. I was not offered a job.