Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.2

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The initial phone interview was short and easy. I was invited to do an assessment which I failed. It is like an SAT exam and extremely hard. I was not offered a job.

Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied received a phone call from a recruiter a week later inviting me to a career fair. Had a appointment setup with the manager answered about 10 questions about my past experiences and STAR question. After the career fair I was invited to a 3 hour long assessment at the corporate office. Hardest assessment of my life 7 timed portions. Writing, grammar , typing letter, math, listing and personality. It was just like the SAT after the assessment is over you were dismissed for lunch and was told if you receive a phone call in next hour you get a interview for another 3 hours. Don't waste your time I drove over 3 hours for SAT like assessment. I would not recommend Travelers to anyone! Look at the other reviews that assessment is so hard!

Interview Questions

• Tell about time whee you had upset client and how you diffused the situation   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative - Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewee beware: If you have no insurance experience, I highly recommend you get some before you apply to Travelers. It will help with one section in particular for the test.
    Met with recruiter at UNCC career fair, was encouraged to visit an event at the Marriott (Travelers). 1:1 initial interview at Travelers. Invited to take 7 part SAT-like test for 3 hours at Travelers Claims center. Let out for lunch and was told we'd get calls if we passed. Did not get a call back.

I would have ranked the experience better if we had been told we failed right away instead of simply not getting a call and wondering if we passed.

Interview Questions

• 7-part test consisted of writing a claims letter, typing speed test, math, spelling/complete sentence, scenarios (if you have worked in claims before, this part is much easier), personality, and listening skills test.   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied on Indeed and received a phone message to schedule a phone screening interview. It was scheduled the next day. The recruiter was friendly, she scheduled me for an hour earlier than I said. I was supposed to call her at that time, but she called me 5 minutes after the time she marked down. I guess I was penalized for her error. For a moment, I was confused thinking maybe the city the company was located in another time zone. But I had the same time zone so the recruiter just marked the wrong time slot. That's ok because I mentioned that I currently lived in another state and was planning to relocate. Although the recruiter said they don't pay for relocation or mileage, I said I could take care of it. It's unfortunate companies aurtomatically disqualify you if you need to arrange for housing during training and occasional meetings. The drive is only a few hours so it's something I could handle. There aren't many work-from-home opportunities in my state. I don't usually write reviews, but I thought this review would be helpful for someone in my situation. I'm glad I found out early instead of later that I would be disqualified for living in aa nearby state. Instead of the recruiter arranging a time to take the skills test, she will tell you that she's updating your profile and you'll hear from someone soon. I checked my profile right after the interview. It showed that I was no longer being considered for the position. Overall, I rate this as a negtaive experience because the recruiter rushed through the interviewer not really giving me a chance due to my location, which isn't a problem for me.

Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to conduct a phone interview. This was a great experience. I kept the recruiter on the phone for 45 minutes gathering additional information. I then moved on to the assessment and interview. It was a full 8 hour day. The test alone takes about 3-4 hours and I was told it has a 50% pass rate. After, I then ate lunch with one manager exchanging questions. Then I formally interviewed with two additional managers. Next, I job shadowed a peer and was aloud to ask questions. Lastly, I finished up discussing the opportunity with the hiring manager. I was given an offer 3 weeks later because I was finishing up school.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Testing was very basic knowledge of spelling, grammar, accident diagrams, listening, etc. Interview was what you would expect mostly situational questions. The testing and interviewing took several hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then if passed, your scheduled to take a test that last approximately 3-4 hours. If passed, you will be given the option to interview. If not, you will be escorted out. The interview process to a bout an hour. It's a panel interview with a vast amount of behavioral questions. After, you are told they will be in touch regardless of decision. I interviewed Jan 30 17.. the job starts 03/02 and have yet to get a phone call. HR keeps telling me they haven't made decisions yet

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and long. Contacted by recruiter, then brought in for 3hr assessment, then brought back for a 3 hr interview with 2 managers, a peer interview and HR.

Total Loss Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
    The process is insane!! You have to jump through hoops to get on, the interview process is 4 interviews long and a 3 hour assessment for an ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION!!!!!
    I was even told on the phone that this position has high turnover and it is very basic, entry-level and most people move on into something else after 1 year!!!!! I guess a Bachelor Degree does not mean anything to these people. My advice, do not waste your time and effort on them. They do not give a crap!! The time I spent with the Travelers process, I could've found a better offer and process elsewhere.

Received a call a day after I applied. I scheduled a phone interview during my lunch break at work which took an hour. I then was invited to take an assessment at the Cleveland office in Ohio, I applied for the Charlotte, NC location as I plan to relocate form Ohio to NC. The exam was relatively easy, except for insurance related things, it is a timed test and you do not get enough time to really read the questions and give a good answer. The entire process sucks!! I took off work and drove over 2 hours to test for 3 hours, then I receive a denial email saying that they only move forward with the highest scoring candidates. The position is entry-level, and they expect you to know all the insurance related test material. The test consisted of a basic math test, spelling, reading which was ridiculous. You got a minute per question and each question had three paragraphs along with 4 different answers that were several sentences long. The final test was listening to phone conversations, easy. The data entry may have been what got me, I scored at 4700 key strokes per hour with 7 errors, I was racing against the clock... I wouldn't have errors if I could check over it... they really trumped this up to make it seem like I was going in for sure and I wasted a lot of time and money on this...