Travelers ITLDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers ITLDP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

3 Round interview process. Phone, in person (3 1 hour long interview) then one with a IT director.

I was told I will be informed within one to two weeks if I get hired or not. Several months have past and I still have not heard back from Travelers (nor an email). I just assumed I didn't get the role once one month passed.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Overall good but long interview process. Before I write about the ITLDP interview process I would just like to say that it is a very selective program and they are very careful about who they hire into the program as all of Travelers Leadership Development programs including the ITLDP are flagship programs that create future leaders for the company.

Now the interview Process:
    3 Steps

Step 1. Phone Screen
    A month after applying online, I heard directly from a IT manager to schedule phone screen, interview was 30 minutes. The actual interview was mostly behavioral questions and interviewer expanded on my answers.

Step 2. In-Person Interview at Saint Paul, MN
    Was flown to Saint Paul, MN and provided very nice hotel close to their office building. About a week after phone screen was called to schedule in person interview. This is the main and most important part of the interview process. I had 3 30-45 minute interviews with the ITLDP Manager, IT Lead and an ITLDP Participant. First two interviews were mostly behavioral with STAR and leadership questions. Third interview was critical thinking questions. Interviewers did ask me to elaborate or expand/follow-up questions on my answers. After interviews we all gathered together and had catered lunch.

Step 3. Final Executive Level Interview
    A week after in-person interview was called and told that I was recommended for a executive level interview and that the company executive (i.e. VP or Director) would have the final say. Two months after my in-person interview had executive level interview with a VP of IT through video conference at a local Travelers office (since I am based in California). This interview was primarily about my leadership skills and style and what I wanted to do and where I could see myself in the future.

Overall experience was positive and I was impressed with the professionalism, friendliness and facilities of Travelers.

Just a heads up, time from initial contact to getting a offer could take some time (but your case may be different). For me it took 6 months. First contact in October 2016 and Offer Letter in March 2017.

Nonetheless its certainly worth it to wait this long for the ITLDP opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an Information System?   1 Answer

ITLDP Participant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

There were a bunch of behavioral questions and they really didn't seem to be interested in any technical experience that you may have. There was 4 interviews and one was with the head of the of the program, two with random hiring managers from the company and the last with one of the CIO's from the various branches of the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work in a group and one of the members didn't work out. Please tell me what you did, and how the situation played out.   Answer Question

ITLDP Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2015.

Interview

Had a 1st round interview which was mainly behavioral questions. After passing 1st round interview, was told to prepare a 10 minute presentation to present at the 2nd round interview about tech in the business world. 2nd round interview at their Hartford location included 5 interviews(1 was technical). The interviews were again largely behavioral questions, a lot of "tell me about a time..." style questions. Would recommend having at least ten STAR stories prepared. Technical interview was largely about how you would approach client issues in app development, and other case study questions. Everyone was very friendly and location was gorgeous. Get there early however, easy to miss the parking entrance for interviewees.

Interview Questions

• There is a 50 cup bucket of water. You have a 3 cup bucket and a 5 cup bucket. How do you go about measuring 4 cups?   2 Answers
    • How would you go about designing an application for a bakery that sells cakes? What features would you include and why?   Answer Question

Wanted to do strictly engineering, rather than IT work. Pay could have been better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

After initially speaking with someone in their IT department regarding another job, I was flown a few weeks later to Hartford regarding their ITLDP, along with several other interviewees. Interview took the whole day and consisted of doing a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choice and five 1:1 interviews with various people in various departments, including the Director of the program.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from the other candidates we are interviewing?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travelers in December 2009.

Interview

The first round interview is a phone interview. The phone interview is 30 minutes. They ask you basic information about the company; They ask you generally how insurance works. They go on to discuss your resume and ask a bunch of typical interview questions. The real interview consists of 4 1-hour interviews throughout the entire day. You are interviewed by one HR rep, two current ITLDP participants and the ITLDP director. One question that was asked a lot was: what technology do you think will change business the most? or something similar to that. All the interviews were very similar to each other. They give you time at the end to ask questions, and it is important that you do.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a challenge that you failed to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. If you get an offer you have 3 days to do a drug test and they will do a background check. You are paid based on your current year in college