Travelers Property Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Property Adjuster Interview Questions

3.1

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Was scheduled for a 7 part assessment about 4 days later. Was told only people who passed the exam would be invited back for interview the same day. Passed exam consisting of reading, writing, math, excel spreadsheets, personality assessment, etc. Interviewed with a Unit manager that same day. Interview was straight forward. A lot of "tell me about a time when...or describe how you handle pressure..." Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Despite not receiving an offer, the process and Travelers employees were very professional and pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

General phone interview, in person brief interview, written test of basic literacy, communication, math skills, structured interview. All employees are very friendly. A bit of advice would be to know about history of company, some of their innovative policies, and what type of product they offer. If you put in the effort, it's not a bad interview process at all.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance where you had to take a leadership position among your peers? What did you do and how did they respond?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I received a quick 10-15 min phone interview. This interview went over my resume, what qualities from my past made me a good fit for this role, what about Travelers and this position made this desirable, and asked how fast I can type. After this, I received an email two days later with an appointment to come into their office to take a test. There is not study guide. It is broken into seven categories: (1) excel test, (2) basic algebra & geometry, (3) data entry, (4) fluid intelligence test (patterns - seeing which one is different from the master pattern), (5) ability to interpret policies, (6) personality test, and (7) writing a letter to an upset customer. This is a timed test. Total process is about 2-2.5 hours long.

On the same day of the test, the company purchases lunch for you. After eating, there are three interviews. The first interview is with two managers, the second is with a peer (someone that already is in the position that you are applying for), and lastly with the Director of the managers.

The final stage is getting interviewed by the Director's boss, but this process -if selected- takes several weeks after you took the test and the three-part interview process. If you are selected beyond this point, a background and drug test will be started.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your day?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable being on rooftops? When have you been on rooftops?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. What happened? How did you resolved it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you delivered excellent customer service where you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Did your previous/current employer have a formal performance review system? If so, describe it. What was your rating in your last review? If we were to make contact with your previous supervisor, how would they describe you as an employee? What will you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long, but good. I did an initial phone interview that was pretty basic. I was contacted for the interview 2 days after I submitted the application. I was then invited to go to the office to take the assessment test and do a couple of interviews. After that, I went through a series of interviews over the next month with various people.

There are reviews on here that say the assessment test is hard...don't believe them. The test is pretty basic and should be passed by anybody that is truly qualified for the job. Be prepared to sell yourself and your experience. Be genuine and show that you are responsible and honest.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Travelers?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deny a customer something that they wanted?   Answer Question

Field Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a manager 3 weeks later and had a short phone interview. Was scheduled to have an in person interview a week later. Passed that interview and immediately took their assessment test. This took almost 4 hours and had timed sections. Wasn't easy but not too hard, I passed. Was scheduled for another interview with hiring managers 2 weeks later. Made it through all 3 hiring mangers. Was contacted the next day to have a peer interview over the phone and speak with the HR director. I was offered the job the following day contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check. Everyone was very nice and responded to my calls and emails during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why travelers? Tell me about a time when.... What do you know about the company? How do you prioritize your work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is $60k per year here in GA. Very high for the industry. Comes with company car, bonus potential, 401k and pension.

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Initial phone interview to review resume, then assessment test which I had taken prior to back in 2010 from another interview so no retake necessary. Received call for face to face interview with 2 managers, then phone interview with Product Manager and a final phone interview with VP of Claims and HR Director. Process was long only because they were in no rush.

Interview Questions

• Common Behavioral Based interview questions. Examples with results, and why travelers   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, travelers is a top payer in the industry so offers made usually have no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There is no reception.ist , just a button to push so a disembodied voice can advise you to wait for someone to come to get you. Well, I waited in the lobby about ten minutes past my appointment time until the hiring manager came to usher me into a conference room where another guy waited. They asked me a bunch of questions then thanked me for my time. I got an EMAIL two weeks later declining a second interview. It felt really rushed and perfunctory. I was not impressed by them, nor the atmosphere as I walked through...no smiles, good morning or even eye contact with the people I passed.
    Questions asked:
    Why do you want to work for Travelers
    Most difficult claim you have worked
    What is your strength/weakness

Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it.
    2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter.
    3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Outside Property Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Received a call for an onsite interview at a job fair but it was cancelled. Finally, received a call for a phone interview. It was a very straight to the point interview. Then I was scheduled for an assessment test. It was about 3 hours. Very much like a SAT. Somewhat easy and somewhat difficult. I am still waiting for the results of the assessment.

Outside Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me to ask some basic questions and let me know if they were interested that someone would contact me from HR. Several days later I was sent an email for an appointment/interview in Alpharetta, GA a few days later. If you pass the seven part skills assessment your given a personality profile and then scheduled for an interview, in my case two, which both were about :45-1:00. Afterwards they said they would have roundtable discussons on all the candidates and follow up. That's been 4-5 weeks and nothing since!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that did not turn out like you wanted, how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • What's the most difficult thing that's happened to you in the last six months?   Answer Question