Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in March 2017.

Interview

I had the most amazing hiring experience with Travelers. I applied for a position out of state as I am relocating. The process took over 2 months and I wanted to share my experience in a timeline format.

3/13/17 applied for Auto Damage Adjuster position

3/27 - recruiter contacted me about the position and scheduled a phone interview for 3/30/17

3/30 - The recruiter was so pleasant and the phone interview lasted about 30-45 mins discussing background and job details. I was then scheduled for an interview.

4/5 - I flew into the office and interviewed with 2 Auto Damage managers, HR lead, VP and another Auto PD manager. I also had a peer demonstration of the system and day to day duties. That was a very challenging meeting as there were so many people but they were all pleasant and took their time explaining the position and selling the company to me. The questions were STAR based and also wanting to know more about me and how my skills would fit the role.

4/10 - I received a call from HR that basically the Auto Damage position was given to someone else but that the manager felt I would be a better fit for another role and wanted to know if I would be interested in a Claim Auto Rep position instead. I was advised that once this job was posted to apply and send an email advising that I did. Once completed I will be scheduled for an assessment back in their local office. Applied for position and sent email advising of the same.

Assessment scheduled for 4/19- It took 3-4 hours and was similar to an SAT. The test was timed and consisted of 7 sections and designed not to be completed within the timeframe so it is best to answer all the questions you know quickly and then go back and look over the one you don't-- but don't leave anything blank-- after the test I received an email the same day advising that I passed.

4/24- I reached out to HR to follow up and was advised they were waiting on word from the hiring manager

5/1- HR called back stating one final interview was needed with another Auto Claims manager. I requested a phone interview or Skype interview instead so I wouldn't have to travel.

5/2- HR called back and agreed to do a video interview in my local office

5/8- video interview in local office took place -- met two auto managers and did another peer meeting

5/9- offer presented and accepted- salary and benefits were above what I expected for the role therefore, I did not negotiate

5/24- background check cleared- the process took 9 days. The company is HireRight. Be sure to have exact dates and contact info that will ensure a faster process. I also took a drug test.

Overall this has been the most professional, efficient and lengthy process I have been through for a job however, it was the best experience hands down and well worth the wait. Everyone from the recruiter to managers, peers and background check company have been extremely pleasant and thorough. I am excited to be joining the team and look forward to many years within this company!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone and email requesting a interview. Interview was scheduled two days later. I did really well on the phone interview and was scheduled 3 days later to take assessments. The assessments are really long and you have a short amount of time to complete them. Even though it requires on some sections in depth thinking and analyzing and comparing of a lot of information. The assessments in my opinion are ridiculous and a waste of time. Received a email literally 15 minutes after taking the assessments that I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based questions.
      Practice the star method.
      Answer Question

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Interview

CAT claim representative trainee

Before I start I just want to say anyone applying to the CAT position. You have to want it 100%. They will ask you over and over if you still want the job after telling you stories about how they've lost friends and have a limited social life. This position you are on call 365 days out of the year and can be gone 2-4 weeks at a time working weekends as well. (averaging 200 days and up is what i was told).
    The managers told me they cant make plans because they might be called out. The peer told me dating would be hard as well as maintaining friends. I was also told you work alone most of the time, and they haven't seen particular coworkers in months or years. If on one of these deployments, expect to work 8am-9pm or whenever you're done doing paperwork.

The reason they tell you this over and over again is because they NEED someone who is willing to do this. If you aren't willing it will probably be written all over your face.

SOOO:
    Sent in my resume and a few days later was emailed about setting up a phone interview, was told it would take about 30 minutes. When the phone interview came it consisted of the woman reading out the job description and then setting up a time for me to come in for an assessment. The only question I was asked on the phone was what I expected to be paid.

Fast forward to the assessment, not too difficult. I finished it in about 2 hours out of the allotted 3. Very basic math and then grammar. There was also a section where you had to write a letter to a disgruntled client. Overall it wasn't too bad but I also wasn't sure if I passed or not until they called me later that evening.

Received the call that I passed and then set up an in person interview a few days after that.

The interview was the hardest I have ever had. First its 2 on 1 for an hour and a half. They went back and forth with questions that were all very situational based (name a time when...). I would say they asked over 15 questions. I started running out of 'times when' and I knew I was putting my foot in my mouth a few times.

Then I had about a 30 minute phone call with someone who was doing the job I was interviewing for. You're supposed to ask them questions that you 'don't feel comfortable' asking the managers.

After that I spoke with a supervisor? for the next about 30 minutes. He was the hardest one to talk to and I got the sense that he didn't care for me, or my answers. I did not feel as welcome as the other two interviews.

I left feeling like I wouldn't take the job even if they offered it to me

Inside Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Was emailed roughly one week after applying, phone interview was a barrage of questions regarding my resume and previous experience. The interviewer was very thorough and equally forward with her opinion, which with some could be seen as aggressive.

Currently waiting to hear whether or not I will be moved forward, however she used the "We already have a lot of people in the process of being hired, I will get back to you within 7-10 days when we determine whether or not we will push forward with anymore candidates"

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in April 2017.

Interview

I had a pleasant experience interviewing for the intern position. I had a first phone interview which was about 25 min long. They were interested in my resume mostly so most of the questions came from that. They also try to connect with you on a personal level which I liked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was difficult   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX). I interviewed at Travelers (New york). Then I had a back ground check processes.

Interview Questions

• Don't be fooled by people who did not get an offer and left very negative feedback! No, the people in the building are not "ghetto," no, the leadership doesn't pass on people who 'threaten their position.' Very professional, welcoming, and diverse workforce. Travelers does their best to hire the best and brightest (pay is higher than all other ins. companies).   1 Answer

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online through a third-party website. It took 3 weeks before I received a phone call from an HR personnel. After a short phone interview, I was told that if I was short-listed, I would be contacted directly by the hiring manager. After another 3 weeks I received an interview request from the hiring manager. The interview was scheduled for the next day at the office. I met with the Assistant Vice Principal of the department and the Team Leader. They were very friendly and the whole interview process was casual, however, we still hit the main interview points such as experience, drive, relationship management, etc. 4 weeks after the interview, I was offered the role. However, Travelers has a third-party hiring management company called Hire Right that performs background checks for all employees. That process took another 4 weeks to complete. It wasn't the most expedient process, but it was fair.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to perform an underwriting model to show how I would approach a new business opportunity, the decision I would make and why, and how I would communicate that decision to perspective clients.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Received an email from HR to set up and conduct a phone interview the following week. Phone interview went well, basic questions about work experience and other information on the resume. After the phone interview an assessment test was scheduled to test your basic skills such as finding the area of a room, writing a professional letter, and choosing the best route to take when going from point A to point B. Following the assessment an in person interview was conducted with the hiring manager followed by two other managers. Overall a great experience with a great company, I left the interview impressed with the company and wanting to get the job to work with the managers.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Testing was very basic knowledge of spelling, grammar, accident diagrams, listening, etc. Interview was what you would expect mostly situational questions. The testing and interviewing took several hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

The test portion was not overly difficult. Basic math and grammar skills. The insurance related portion is mostly accident diagrams. There is definitely not enough time to finish it, I did not finish and passed. Be prepared to type. There is a WPM data entry style typing test. Test does take approximately 3 hours.