Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

3.1

Underwriter UPDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Melville, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly easy, interview with four team people over the course of two days. Normally, all interviews take place on the same day...about 45min - 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• Why Travelers? Why underwriting? Concerns dealing with customer and problem-solving.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

It was all phone interviews. The first one lasted an hour with two people. Then the next one was with three people for about 30 minutes each. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of scenario and behavioral questions. In the beginning, they asked basic resume questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I applied online and received a screening phone interview going over basic resume and behavioral questions. A few weeks later I was invited to an onsite. The whole interview experience was very laid back, there was no technical questions at all, only a very basic design question, the rest of mostly more behavioral stuff. They are looking for a culture fit, why travelers, and interest in their rotational program. I also got to have lunch with of the employees who went through the program. Since said person didnt have a say in the decision, it was very laid back and casual and I could ask some more in depth questions. The only reason I cant give a fully positive feedback is because I was told before I took a day off work and school and traveled to the internship that I would be reimbursed. Even though I filled out all the correct papers, etc, I was never contacted back. This was months ago. So be warned that if you are expecting reimbursement, you most likely wont hear anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an electronic parking system in a city?   1 Answer
    • If you were stranded on an island with only a laptop, how would you use it to help you survive?   Answer Question

PMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

The phone interviews were a breeze. When I finally heard back about them I found the interview process quite pleasant. They had two interviews then lunch, then another two interviews to wrap up the day. Overall it was quite easy going as interviews go

PMD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers in November 2017.

Interview

Simple questions about why one would want to work in insurance and why specifically Traveler's. I completed a phone screening and then was asked to come into their Hartford office three weeks later where I was asked behavioral questions and more technical questions regarding insurance and specifically product management development.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating a new insurance product?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Very thorough but pleasant overall. They allowed me to do the entire interview process remotely. I have no complaints regarding the process, I am thankful for the opportunity. STAR METHOD QUESTIONS.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deliver less than desirable news to a customer.   Answer Question

Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

First round - phone interview with talent acquisition about a week after online application. Second around - phone interview with hiring manager. Third round - phone interview with senior counsel and claims professional. Fourth round in person interviews at hartford with approximately 4 people and lunch. Long process, everyone was friendly and engaging. In the end, was told they went with other candidates. surprising considering how extensive the process (and lengthy) is and required several days of work off. disappointed. if transferring from law firm to in-house be perhaps be mindful of pointing law firm specific accomplishments (motion practice, depositions, defense awards/verdicts) as not to over qualify yourself. industry and culture appears very different from traditional law firms. much more laid back and less competitive. dress conservatively and modestly. also be mindful that despite progressing further in the process (rounds, etc) - it is not a guarantee of success. the many layers are just indicative of the corporate process and red tape. be prepared to treat process (despite duration) as indicative of one or two interviews in a law firm setting. my opinion is negative because the final travel and all day interviews should be reserved for the final candidate as a checklist, rather as an additional round (for those who must travel in) i feel just as bad for the other person who will not receive and offer after traveling and spending a full day there. good luck to you all!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Lengthy...very objective and fair. They asked many questions regarding my background and my sales approaches. I met with 3 hiring managers regarding the position. Very thorough process and stayed in touch with me throughout.

Interview Questions

• Sales approaches and styles and what is important in treating potential customers. How do I treat new customers and their questions. Very professional and courteous. Asked many questions regarding my background.   1 Answer

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. The first interview following the phone interview was a computer proficiency test with about 15 other people. The process took 3-4 hours. The second interview was with just myself with 2 managers. That interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The online application is just like any other organization's application. After the submission, you'll get an email letting you know that you need to take an assessment in order to move forward in the process. I received the assessment email immediately after I submitted the application.
    The assessment consists of personality-identifying questions and a portion of it consists of logic-based questions. The logic-based questions were challenging, but not terribly difficult.
    About a month later, I received an email from a representative asking to set up an appropriate time for a phone interview. The lady who interviewed was nice and professional. The questions were primarily behavioral; they are essentially trying to figure out what type of worker you are based on what you've done in similar situations. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and at the end I was told I was moving forward in the process. The interview was setup for that coming Saturday (I believe my phone interview was on Tuesday) and she went over what I should expect: I would interview with two unit managers, then sit with a current employee for 30 minutes to get a feel for the job (peer review), then interview with a director and an HR representative.
    The interview went exactly as the phone interviewer described. The first interview lasted about 1 hour and consisted primarily of behavioral-type questions. I was informed I was moving forward and I sat with a claims representative who gave me a quick run through of what the job was and what to expect. She then led me to the final interview with the Claims Director and the HR rep. This interview was much shorter, maybe about 20 minutes, and consisted of situational-type questions. I was told what the hours for the position would be, and what my desired salary was.
    That following Tuesday, I was contacted by an HR rep letting me know that I was being offered the position!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to make a difficult decision with little to no supervisor support. What did you do? How did you come to that solution?   1 Answer