Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers (Farmington, CT).

Interview

I was hiring to do claim processor putting folders together and filing in the file room.
    I have the experience working already for Travelers as Temp. I was working by that time for Man Power Agency.

Interview Questions

• how was my processor skills   1 Answer

Operations Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I applied through the company when I worked there. They first make you apply with cover letter resume and letter of recommendation. First round of interviews is a phone interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Travelers?

What have you been doing this summer?

How do you keep up with recent insurance trends?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and long. Contacted by recruiter, then brought in for 3hr assessment, then brought back for a 3 hr interview with 2 managers, a peer interview and HR.

Total Loss Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
    The process is insane!! You have to jump through hoops to get on, the interview process is 4 interviews long and a 3 hour assessment for an ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION!!!!!
    I was even told on the phone that this position has high turnover and it is very basic, entry-level and most people move on into something else after 1 year!!!!! I guess a Bachelor Degree does not mean anything to these people. My advice, do not waste your time and effort on them. They do not give a crap!! The time I spent with the Travelers process, I could've found a better offer and process elsewhere.

Received a call a day after I applied. I scheduled a phone interview during my lunch break at work which took an hour. I then was invited to take an assessment at the Cleveland office in Ohio, I applied for the Charlotte, NC location as I plan to relocate form Ohio to NC. The exam was relatively easy, except for insurance related things, it is a timed test and you do not get enough time to really read the questions and give a good answer. The entire process sucks!! I took off work and drove over 2 hours to test for 3 hours, then I receive a denial email saying that they only move forward with the highest scoring candidates. The position is entry-level, and they expect you to know all the insurance related test material. The test consisted of a basic math test, spelling, reading which was ridiculous. You got a minute per question and each question had three paragraphs along with 4 different answers that were several sentences long. The final test was listening to phone conversations, easy. The data entry may have been what got me, I scored at 4700 key strokes per hour with 7 errors, I was racing against the clock... I wouldn't have errors if I could check over it... they really trumped this up to make it seem like I was going in for sure and I wasted a lot of time and money on this...

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Des Moines, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took about and month from phone screening to hire. I had a phone screening and an in person interview was scheduled right after for the following week. The in person interview was conducted by two individuals that you would be reporting to. One person read from a sheet with behavioral questions (Tell me about a tie when...) and the other asked follow up questions about your resume and deeper questions in regards to your behavioral answers. They seemed very interested in you as a person and not just another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a project with a deadline but you were interrupted with another task that had to be done.   Answer Question

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Arrived at 10:30 and got a tour of main area of the building then got an overview of the program. The first interviewer came in and asked questions from a sheet of paper, mostly behavioral. Then was taken out to lunch from someone currently in the program. It was good to see what they had to say about the program. Then had two more 45 minutes interviews similar to the first. Make sure you come prepared with questions. Then said they would be in contact in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you look at when entering a new market?   Answer Question
    • Trends in industry   Answer Question
    • If you have ever had to explain technical information to someone who would not understand technical terms   Answer Question

AALDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university's career fair in October 2016. Had a 30 minute phone interview and was asked to come back for an on site interview in Hartford about three weeks after. Received word of their decision one week after the on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions, have a few good success/failure stories ready   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online as a career changer from direct care to case management. Talent acquisition screening called back without confirming when was a good time to call. On phone recruiter stated its not a good fit as its a desk job answering phones and not patient care. Recruiter seemed hasty on the phone. Email received back without offer.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Windsor, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

I initially applied and interviewed for a Claims Adjuster position. It started with a brief phone interview, then they had me go in and take an easy but long assessment. I passed that and went on to my interview with two very stern managers; that was very structured. I was called the next day and a woman told me the interviewers thought I would be better suited for the CCS position, at least to start, and had me come in for another interview for that position (I didn't have to take the 3 hour assessment again). The two managers who interviewed me the 2nd time were much easier to talk to and it was a lot more conversational. They even gave me a chance to explain my obvious nervousness (I don't interview well). I selected "no offer" but I actually haven't heard back yet. They told me they were extending offers on February 1st and I'm really hoping I got it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain a policy to a customer who just didn't seem to understand.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Applied to a recruiter at a career fair at my university. A phone interview was scheduled a few weeks after. In person interview a few weeks later that lasted from 7:30am until about 3pm. My interviewer was late showing up. I met with multiple parties in six sessions, ranging from soft skills, hard skills, and skills tests. Questions ranged from laid back and easy going, to technical concepts. After finishing the interview, sending a follow up email and phone call, I never heard back from them again. They could at least have the decency to say they would not pursue it any further.