Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Travelers on 03/12/2017, got an email about setting up a phone interview on 03/14/2017, had phone interview on 03/16/2017, interview was very straight forward. Recruiter told me about the position, the pay, the benefits, the hours, everything i would need to know. She also asked about my background and why i was interested in working for the company. After the phone interview i received and email to take an assessment and an on-line simulation the same day. After the assessments i received a call the next day to set up an in person interview for the next week. This interview was with a member of HR and a customer service supervisor. It was very easy, they asked me questions in S.T.A.R. format and gave me more information about the position. pay, hours, and benefits. Overall the experience was very straightforward, relaxing, and easy, Was told i should hear something by the end of next week.

Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter to conduct a phone interview. This was a great experience. I kept the recruiter on the phone for 45 minutes gathering additional information. I then moved on to the assessment and interview. It was a full 8 hour day. The test alone takes about 3-4 hours and I was told it has a 50% pass rate. After, I then ate lunch with one manager exchanging questions. Then I formally interviewed with two additional managers. Next, I job shadowed a peer and was aloud to ask questions. Lastly, I finished up discussing the opportunity with the hiring manager. I was given an offer 3 weeks later because I was finishing up school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very extensive interview process, phone interview 30 -45 minutes, 3 hour testing, that consisted of math, writing, typing and basic insurance terminology. The test is designed so you will not finish so try your best, you are allowed to use a calculator on the test.
    An invite for a face to face interview that lasted 2 and a half hours, you shadow and meet with 1-2 people, everyone was very professional and friendly. They ask you about yourself, and to elaborate on situational type questions.
    What is off putting about Travelers is, I followed up with them after not hearing back after two weeks which, was the designated time they specified. I reached out to my initial recruiter to inquire if selections had been made because I had other phone calls coming in from other employers - no answer, I then followed up with the administrative assistant who informed me no decisions had been made and I would be hearing from a recruiter ASAP. The following week my recruiter called me back and I missed her call, I called her back on a Thursday and she didn't return my call, I called her on Tuesday of the following week and she answered. I asked her if selections had been made her response, some offers have been made and it is up in the air if they would like to bring more people on so if I hadn't received a decline notice I'm still in the running, so over all its been a month later and no response on anything.

I feel that is very unprofessional, you expect applicants to be on time and jump through hoops and you do not have the common courtesy to respond back so much for open communication.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was given a call a few days after i applied. This phone interview went very well. Most of the questions were about myself along with the HR member describing the job. After that I was called in for an interview. I had two separate interviews where they asked basic questions. Overall it was a great first interview, however I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• While working in a group project, how have you managed to have plans run smoothly. How have you problem solved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Spokane, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I put in an aplication through indeed then a week later got and email to set up phone interview. The interview was horrible the recruiter rushed me through the whole thing it was suppose to be 15 to 30 min, I only got less than 10 min!!! Then she said they would email me to let me know, but we all know that means I didn't get the position!! Like seriously tell me then and there that I didn't get it instead of making me wait!!! How do you expect to gain experience if not one it willing to teach you and give you experience!!!!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Multiple interviews. Testing. Background checks. Peer interviews. Good interaction. I believe they were very thorough and focused on matching my skills with the position. I am impressed with this company. This is a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do I fit with this company   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

My one time interview consisted of 2 people and was very informal and took the pressure off vs being in a group setting. Hiring process was very easy, only waiting for the initial checks to go through.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a fast paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Terms were very fair and competitive.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

There are two people. Some behavior questions, and some technical questions. It took approximate 30 minutes, but it might be longer. I really like this interview. Because of a reason, I cannot accept this offer.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email the day after I applied online. Phone pre-screening set for the next day. The recruiter was polite but rushed the interview. Her questions consisted mainly of background (education, experience, general questions). I was on the phone with her exactly 15 minutes even though she set scheduled 30 minutes. She said that they had a large number of applicants for the position and to contact her back via email for a status update by Monday of the following week. I contacted her via email and she replied that the team passed on my candidacy.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Greenwood Village, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online through Glassdoor. A few days after I applied, a recruiter reached out to me about the position and asked if I was still interested. She asked some basic questions (what do you know about Travelers, what kind of experience do you have etc.). They were still in the process of screening applicants but a couple days after she reached out to me and told me they wanted to schedule me for an interview.

The on-site interview was very professional. I was met with 3 hiring managers, one from the job that I was applying for and 2 that had similar openings in their departments. It was a very relaxed interview with basic behavioral questions and some questions about why I wanted to find a new job and what professional experience I had. Everything went well, and while I was walking out of the building one of the hiring managers caught up to me and asked me to meet with her director before I left.

I was extended a verbal offer later that day, pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of difficult clients do you have to work with? What is making you leave your current job? Are you comfortable in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered more than what I had asked for, so there was no negotiation necessary.